chris461

Mar 28, 2015
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello People,

I come to ask for your help and prayers.

Well its not a life or death issue, but I am feeling quite down about neighbours loud music noise. Its loud bassy music that starts to sap your strength as it drones on and on...coming through my wall. The neighbours have been noisy before and I had to politely knock on the wall after which it went quite for a while...but now louder than ever. So they know others can hear them. I only live in a small apartment and cant afford to move.

I prayed a great deal yesterday on the issue, and felt confident in faith today. I had no doubt it would be silent...really no doubt! Only to have my faith dented, when the music starts again. So now I am thinking...Ok God what now?

Ok so I am not going to die, but its affectiing my life, my prayers, my work, and sleep. Also you never really know if its finished or gonna start again, so you cant fully relax, leaving me slightly anxious.

Any prayers would be very welcome....

Kind regards

C

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Bless yer heart, praying that God supersedes ALL things inside the building and throughout the entire complex and that your place of refuge becomes a place of blessing and is a place of rest and peace. Take heart, and be still and KNOW that He is God. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen.

Please keep us posted. Continuing to pray.

Upvote 0

chris461

Mar 28, 2015
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you folks for your prayers...

Much needed, and your words give me comfort!

Sadly there was noise last night until midnight at least, but staying hopeful that our all powerful God can change or remove these people, swiftly. This problem is certainly not "too big" for our God!

Thanks

C

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello People,

I come to ask for your help and prayers.

Well its not a life or death issue, but I am feeling quite down about neighbours loud music noise. Its loud bassy music that starts to sap your strength as it drones on and on...coming through my wall. The neighbours have been noisy before and I had to politely knock on the wall after which it went quite for a while...but now louder than ever. So they know others can hear them. I only live in a small apartment and cant afford to move.

I prayed a great deal yesterday on the issue, and felt confident in faith today. I had no doubt it would be silent...really no doubt! Only to have my faith dented, when the music starts again. So now I am thinking...Ok God what now?

Ok so I am not going to die, but its affectiing my life, my prayers, my work, and sleep. Also you never really know if its finished or gonna start again, so you cant fully relax, leaving me slightly anxious.

Any prayers would be very welcome....

Kind regards

C

I'm sorry your neighbor's unnervingly loud music is invading your home and encroaching on your peace. I haven't lived in an apartment and had to share walls with people who are unrelated to me and unsympathetic about my wellbeing and how their choices affect it, but I do know how incredibly stressful perpetual noise can be. In our last neighborhood a real estate "flipper" bought the gorgeous historical home next to ours and bulldozed it down to build another much larger house in its place. The construction lasted from 7AM to 9PM Monday through Friday and until 6PM every Saturday. I have a disease that makes my ability to cope with stress more challenging (Addison's Disease) and the noise was more detrimental to me than most would imagine. It's actually the main reason why we moved from that house. So you definitely have my sympathy.

I love interior decor and often pop onto a site called Apartment Therapy. There have been so many articles on there about exactly what you're experiencing. There's tips for how to try to go about resolving conflict with your rude neighborhood, for talking with your property management company about it, and how to change your own home to reduce sound transfer. Doing things like putting a bookcase or a heavy piece of furniture (but not a couch) against the shared wall can help to reduce the amount of noise that seeps through. Tapestries on the wall help as well. Carpet, rugs, curtains, upholstered furniture all help to absorb sound. If you ever go into your bathroom and say something aloud and then remove the towels and rugs and go back in and repeat the word at the same volume you'll notice how much louder it is. IKEA has inexpensive but thick 98 curtains that will suck up some sound. Fans and sound machines are helpful, too. We have this little device called a Marpac that is a "sound conditioner" and helps with noise.

If you go to Apartment Therapy and do a keyword search you'll find heaps of articles with dozens of user comments to each one. Many of the comments have tips that are helpful.

I hope things improve for you soon!

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
up%20new10_zpsconqlqyb.gif

Praying!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you folks for your prayers...

Much needed, and your words give me comfort!

Sadly there was noise last night until midnight at least, but staying hopeful that our all powerful God can change or remove these people, swiftly. This problem is certainly not "too big" for our God!

Thanks

C

Thank you for the feedback...continuing to pray that indeed our God DOES intervene. His timing is perfect and inexplicable and He is SURELY moving on our behalfs behind the scenes. Hang in there, continuing to pray, brother in Christ and beloved son of the Most High God, keep us posted.

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am praying too as I know the feeling as I am having the same problem with my neighbors. :sigh:

If it keeps getting worse I would talk to them and if they don't listen, them talk to your landlords and if they don't do anything then I would lastly call the cops. Which I had to do. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chris461

Mar 28, 2015
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I must say its a real blessing to see so many replies to my problem! Thanks strangers! I am touched.

Yesterday was quiet! Thank God... but I am not quite relaxed as we never know if/when the noise will return. I am continuing to pray and thank God for his intervention, thank to all of you as well!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chris461

Mar 28, 2015
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Latest update.

Music 2.30am last night. Heavy metal, loud, bassy. Somewhat tired & weary today. Continuing to pray...

but also time to call the management company, and will also pop a polite note under the door, asking them to keep it down.

Any prayers are greatly welcomed at this time, as when our peace is stolen, it affects us so much.

Thanks

C

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you for the update, brother...continuing to pray for your protection, and that God Himself mooooves before you and grants you blessings and extraordinary favor in all that you do. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen.

Upvote 0