Prayer thread for those who are suicidal, depressed or any mental health issues (2)

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
From Gewineda,

Today is my 58th birthday. I have been dealign with this for so many, many years. I pray for all of us for sanity. I pray for a coach; someone I can count on to talk to live and in person. I pray for God's grace and mercy. I pray for the elimination of all my problems. Of course, not all oftof the answers to these will be "yes." Right now I would love to have a coach. of all of them. I pray that I can get rid of, or mute, the effects of my family history. Alcoholism. I don't drink but I am still the small child making decisions based upon what I needed to survive then, that do not work any more in the "real" world.

Regardless, I pray to you God, and I give thanks for what You have provided. I believe. Help me in my unbelief.
May God bless you on your birthday, and in the year ahead

Upvote 0

gewineda

Jun 25, 2013
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Over the weekend, saw the movie "Flight", with Denzel Washington.

His character is a pilot. He is also a severe drunk, and a druggie, using drugs to hide the alcohol. He is the captain of a flight from Orlando to Atlanta. It breaks, and he manages to pancake it in a field - loss of 6 only. The whole movie he is drinking and trying to deny that he does, lying about it all the time. He attends one AA and then leaves in the middle. The AA speaker is talking about all the lies he told when he was drinking, and the whole movie is an illustration of the pilot's lies, until he finally ends it at the NTSB hearing and winds up in prison for manslaughter for being drunk in the line of duty.

He looks so free at the end when he is telling it all like it is.

My parents did their lying to their kids, their bosses, their students (were teachers). At the end, the pilot's son comes to the prison, writing a paper on someone he admires "who he has never met."

That was something that did not ring true, out of all of it. The kids of drunks pick up most of their parents' worst habits even when they do not drink. there is a whole lifestyle that works only for drinkers until they die or do rehab, and my parents taught me to lie, cheat, and constantly be afraid of being discovered as something I was not, even though I did not have their need to be free of discovery as drinkers. I am 58, and have been a faux alcholoic for 53 years. No alcohol, just the other bad habits. Escaping when I can, ignoring what I can, waiting for someone else to fix it.

Today I pray that this movie which hit home so hard keeps hitting home to me and helps me to get done what is truly needed. Thank you God.

Upvote 0

gewineda

Jun 25, 2013
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I pray for you and your health issues. May God be good to you; may you listen for His voice and may it get through your anxiety to you, whether by other prayers, voice, examples, etc. Watch - for God sends us messages in ways that do not always seem that way unless we are looking for something.

Upvote 0
P

PaulaR497

Please pray for my elderly aunt who is battling severe depression. She is in a psychiatric hospital and has completed 17 treatments of EST and is now on lithium. We are finding this very difficult as a family. She was very active in her church and was always witnessing and praying for others etc. It is heartbreaking watching this lovely Christian woman so broken and fearful.

Upvote 0

gewineda

Jun 25, 2013
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i pray for you and your aunt. bipolar is a severe and difficult disease, and she surely must be in great difficulty to be undergoing EST. My wife is bipolar and I ask for your prayers as well. Lord, bless Paula and her aunt, and be with all of her aunt's family as she goes through this disease. Help them to understand, and to learn from all of this. I wish I could ask you to take it away but you don't work that way usually, I know.

I am in an awful state today, too. As this is now September 12, I hope that there has been some improvement and that Paula is aware through the pain of receiving your loving guidance.

Amen.

Gewineda

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gewineda

Jun 25, 2013
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am again in pain. I do not know what to do with myself. I hurt physically and don't feel good; whenever that happens I hope and pray that I have a cancer that will kill me.

I need to hear from someone, if that is possible. Just pray for me. I will consider that I am being prayed for regardless.

Upvote 0

Elshevia

Feb 29, 2008
England
✟9,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi Helena22, Merciful God have mercy on Helena, I ask for your Peace, that is beyond understanding I ask that Helena would be aware of your great self-sacrificing love towards her, and that you are aware of her courage in her illness, I ask that you will be with Her each Day, as I know that you already are, make her aware of your comfort In Jesus's name I pray and ask. Amen...Elshevia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elshevia

Feb 29, 2008
England
✟9,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi gewineda, O God, you sent your Son, to be the Saviour of the World, You gave Him power over all flesh, that He might grant Eternal Life, to all who believe, Grant OH Lord gewineda your wonderful peace
of Mind, peace of heart, and to look forward, as hard as that might be, but a gentle Heart works wonders
God Bless you gweineda. Elshevia...

Upvote 0

gewineda

Jun 25, 2013
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Elshevia. Friday was better, I worked very hard and was depressed but not as full of thoughts of how to commit suicide. The weekend helped. I am still desperate and depressed, but not to where I am thinking all the time of how to end it all, at least right now.

I pray for Helena 22 and all the others on this prayer site who are depressed, anxious, and considering ending it all. When I am considering ending it all I know that a part of it is thoughts that I am not doing God's will. I need to work hard on doing God's will for my family and myself. It is not a sin for me to be happy, if that means that I can help my own family with happiness.

When I was five, I went home with a friend after kindergarten. It was sort of on my way home. His parents were taking him shopping, so I decided to go too. I did not even think of telling my parents. When we got back, there were police cars, people looking for me, etc., and my mother was sobbing and they were very upset with my friend's parents. I felt very guilty, said that it was not their fault, and knew that I was in deep trouble. Why was that my automatic reaction? What happened to me before that that caused me to automatically decide that it was all my fault and made me feel guilt and shame? That was 53 years ago. I still feel guilt and shame for that day.

Upvote 0

Elshevia

Feb 29, 2008
England
✟9,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi gewineda, of course you are not to blame for what happened when you were 5 years old, all children disobey at times but you probally felt guilty for upseting your mother, and you probally lost a friend as well, God does not put blame on Children under the age of 20 years, it is in the bible as they are not responsible for anything they do wrong, so why should you blame yourself if its good enough for God Almighty its good enough for me, in His Loving kindness He Adores Children thats why it says in the bible if any man hurts a Child it would have been better for him if he had never been born I think Paul said it at the moment I cannot remember where, say happy, and Blessed. Elshevia.

Upvote 0