• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Post here when you feel like cutting (2)

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I wish this MONSTER urge would GO AWAY. I tried writing it down, and still freaked out The worst part is it has been three years TODAY since I messed up.

Praying for you, sweetie :hug:
Three years is awesome - you can get through this - hang in there and try to stay around people :hug:

Upvote 0

BeatrixRose

Legendary Girl A
Oct 8, 2013
England
✟7,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Part of me is revelling in this feeling; <edit> But then feeling like that makes me sad. And when I'm sad at myself I get angry at myself. And hate. And the self-hate causes me to cut.

So the cycle continues. The instant something makes me feel bad it's impossible to leave.

I hope we all manage to break the cycle one day. I will be praying for all of you. Don't want time praying for me - please focus on yourselves <3 Because you're all beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Saw a picture and although I haven't harmed my self in months or thought about it. All those old feelings came rushing back to me when I saw it. I am really disappointed.

:hug:
I'm sorry you were triggered that way. I think in some circumstances those feelings will always come back - but the important thing is what we do with them. If you had those feelings again and made it through, that's an achievement sweetie - because now you know that even if you feel that way you don't have to act on it.
Praying for you :hug:

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Saw a picture and although I haven't harmed my self in months or thought about it. All those old feelings came rushing back to me when I saw it. I am really disappointed.

That happens sometimes, but you took the victory and didn't act on it. Give yourself some kudos and take pride in the fact you overcame the thoughts.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I havent gave in in almost a year but this time last year something happend to me and the memories are causing me to struggle
Praying for you, sweetie - you can get through :hug:
And well done on a year!! That's awesome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It's so tempting right now, with the way things are going but I keep telling myself it's not worth shedding skin over and that I did more good than mistakes recently. But it calls all the same. I'm just glad I've been staying over at mom and dads, where I didn't have access to the razors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnLocke

Sep 23, 2006
✟16,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm so drugged up, prescriptions even, but it's all so dull at best. I don't dream anymore. I don't even get angry anymore. I'm just there. Sometimes I remember to eat, usually I don't. I've lost my friends ages ago. Amazing how quickly people desert you when you go in hospital.

I was a good friend<staff edit>. I always listened to their<staff edit>. I held them while they cried, held their hair when they puked, drove them home from the places they knew they should never have gone. All these things I did, never asking for a <staff edit> thing in return. But now. Now I'm out and try to rebuild my life and not a <staff edit> one will speak to me.

What's the point? I am the one to be abused

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I feel awful. I found a trigger last night and it affected me more than I expected.

I don't want to fall back to cuttting but resisting an urge this strong is just exhausting. :(

I will do it after I get my room clean. We'll see which wins, my hate for cleaning or my urge to cut.

Upvote 0

pillywiggin

Jul 8, 2014
New Mexico
✟15,129.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Trying really hard not to cut...Praying, pacing, I would go out walking, but my ankle isn't healed enough yet...It has been months, and I don't want to blow it now. I can't hate myself this much, because Jesus loves me...Just praying and trying to distract myself so I don't cut. Or eat...

Upvote 0