• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Post here when you feel like cutting (2)

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thank you, Army Wife.

I may need to tonight. I have a paper due in an hour and a half... It isn't written yet. I'm upset about friend problems and crush problems and I miss my family... It sounds like they aren't going to come visit me after all :cry: they were going to come in September but kept putting it off and putting it off and now it looks like they won't.
But first and foremost I HAVE to write this paper and I can't do that fast enough with the emotions I have right now.

Upvote 0

Criada

Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm worries so hard sweetie - great that you are feeling a bit better today.
Hang in there - God will get you through this.
Have you tried squeezing an ice cube when you feel the need to cut? It can help - it's painful but doesn't do any lasting damage.
Praying for you sweetie.

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm worries so hard sweetie - great that you are feeling a bit better today.
Hang in there - God will get you through this.
Have you tried squeezing an ice cube when you feel the need to cut? It can help - it's painful but doesn't do any lasting damage.
Praying for you sweetie.

Thank you for your concern :hug:

I've tried the ice cube. It doesn't work ... It's not violent enough.

I've been trying hard to quit, but.... The harder I try the harder it is to live my every day life. I'm at 8 days without cutting, and the last episode was a brief 1-evening mess up.

I have no clean laundry, two papers overdue, and I haven't brushed my hair in days. I'm behind on sleep, behind on homework, the house is a mess, I've been eating yucky fast good because I don't feel like cooking. I'm just moping around all the time....

I'm not really sure trying to quit is worth it. Trying to live is first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Squeezing an ice cube doesn't work for me....

Music helps. I miss being able to practice organ.

In Texas I can just play flute whenever I want, even if it's midnight, and that kind of helps. But, I can't do that while visiting my family... I can't just shower whenever I want either.

I'm not sure what helps, really, except that I don't self injure in my sleep.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Krissy Cakes

Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟69,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
<Staff Edit> :mad: I'm so mad at the world but I am mostly mad at myself for letting my "wall" down cause thats people suck and they are just here to hurt me. I'm finished with this world and everyone in it. :dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The last few days have been a struggle. According to my friends I'm showing self-destructive tendencies in other areas of life too....

I want to cut or even kill myself. But I'm holding out...

There was one dream I had months ago that I'm only now able to talk about. God spoke to me... I heard His voice say, "I don't want you to hurt yourself."

And that doesn't do it justice. Because His voice was amazing. It was so full of love, like a parent's voice when he/she chokes up out of love for a child, but even more so. It was a majestic voice. It was both form and gentle. And it kind of echoed whispers that pierced deep into my soul. It really was not like any voice I have ever heard on earth....

The only way I can keep from cutting nowadays is close my eyes and remember that dream.... remember the love in my Savior's voice, and that He really cares.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟160,892.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Now I nearly want to cut my wrist, not deeply, just leave a new scar, for over 20 years I have not do it. But now the urges come back. My father said my life was waste and I would be a complete madman and fool, only because I want to leave a job soon. I can not quarrel with him, for he need a surgery for Rectum cancer. I&#8217;d better avoid cutting the first time, if once, then second, third------ but I don&#8217;t know how to deal with the bad feelings. I know God has better method which I don&#8217;t know. May God help me. Prayers and cares are very appreciated.

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's good you posted that you are struggling. Have you seen this post with some ideas on how to help with the struggle?

Try to remember the things that have helped you to go so long without cutting. These are the things that will bring you extra help. And you are so correct - your strength is in God.

Some things that have helped me in the past with the negative emotions are working on my thinking. Telling myself positive messages, and challenging the messages in my head (like I'm bad, or I'm stupid, or I'm worthless). Holding tight to my favorite scriptures has helped... writing them out on index cards so I can remember them and access them quickly when needed was very helpful. Those are just a couple ideas that worked for me. But maybe it will help you think about some of the things that have helped you in the past.

Take gentle care. I'll be praying.

Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0