plot for a Christian game

M

midnight star

Would the game sell? Yes, but to a very small niche
Would it be successful? No way in Hell (metaphorically of course)
Did they already make fun of this in the Simpsons? Oh yes ("you only grazed him, now he's a unitarian")
Would the game get boring pretty quick? If its only about converting people, you bet it will
Would I buy it as a Neo-Pagan? No, but I'd seriously consider renting it, or waiting for my Christian friends to get it (because I know they'd probably buy it)
Would I support the game in hopes that it would get people to spend more time trying to convert people in a fantasy world and less time in reality? Whole heartedly! jay slash kay

Upvote 0

ozanaki tori

rebel sodville
Feb 9, 2004
Utah
Visit site
✟7,980.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Heheheh. Well said.

The biggest problem though, is that it won't get made.
If this game was made, I would not even spend money on renting it, or the breath it takes to ask a friend to borrow it, because the production values would be so low and it would probably be unplayable.

Preacher Tycoon.

Upvote 0

ozanaki tori

rebel sodville
Feb 9, 2004
Utah
Visit site
✟7,980.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I've played Black and White. Quite the addict, actually, but you don't play "God."
You play a god, and there's a great difference there. Not a Christian game at all. More like, having little pagans worshiping you. Heheheheh..then throwing that little celt guy around..somehow he always made it back to the fire..

Upvote 0

Bohemian

Aspiring Musician
Oct 13, 2003
Virginia
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who played Spiritual Warfare, Joshua, Moses, and 3 Kings back on the Nes. Those were cool games! Plus, they had the Christian message of pelting people with a wide assortment of fruit until their demons left them.

Spirtual%20Warfare%20-%20Ingame.gif

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that you can portray christian values in a game more easily than construct a game based on Christian faith. There are so many interpretations of faith that you would be insulting thousands with each decision you make. Baptism, for example. Some feel at birth, others when they are old enough to understand, full emmersion or just a sprinkle, figurative (spiritual baptism) or actual (water)

Look to Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, etc. Characters who possessed virtue, selflessness, faith, honor, etc.

Upvote 0

elkano788

Soldier of Christ
Dec 15, 2003
USA
✟207.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I agree somewhat. Somewhat, because I agree that Christian characteristics are easier and better to portray, but this may leave an exceptionally bad image on some people. I know many people who think that humans just want to "naturally do good", and that every moral we hold dear today is just a trace of customs passed down by our "culture", and that it's invalid as a standard. gee, thanks public school department :sick:

i think that the Christian faith can be more accurately portrayed through straight-out, knock-down, drag-out allegories. Pilgrim's Progress (it's a book, not a game, for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about) is a great example, if extreme (especially with the names :D ). if we were to model games such as Pilgrim's Progress was modeled, significant jumps can be made. game mags seem to enjoy a good old story of "good versus evil", and Christ's sacrifice is THE template for the story. too bad the game mags don't have the real notion of "good" :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums