Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I am a little confused
Since Russia is mostly non-Catholic, wouldn't Orthodoxy be viewed as one of Russia's errors as well in the eyes of a Roman Catholic? Don't mean any offence by it, just curious.

Not necessarily if you consider that there are other largely Orthodox countries, such as Greece.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
How is Russia doomed? Financially with their natural gas and oil pipelines and technological advances, they're financially on fire! Moscow has more millionaires than any city in the world. They're restoring the Christian faith and maintaining morality better than we are, so maybe we're doomed? Just a thought?

Really?

Any political opposition that opposes Putin or any mouthpiece that is critical of Putin...sure have a weird tendency of either going to prison or just ending up dead.

There are more millionaires in Moscow, but how many of them are influenced by the Organizatsiya? Of course, I can't drag them through the coals because we've got our own millionaires who have blood on their own hands or are just as crooked. But if you're going to bring up how many wealthy people are being found in Russia, please, do not neglect how many people are left to fend for themselves: a disparity that is even worse than here in the U.S.

Also, as a Pole, I still find it...really disturbing that Russia gets...jumpy when Eastern countries look to the West for better relations. Also, to be fair, as a Pole, I do not like it when someone is critical of the West - in this case the Euro - the West quickly labels a person as a hazardous nationalist.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm just curious about something. Whenever I talk about how I see Mary--as a strong dynamic woman who faced and conquered many difficult challenges in her life, you always say, "Oh, no! She's meek. She's humble."

And my response to that, of course, is that Mary is mentioned three times in the Bible, and so my image is as good as yours.

But given all this meekness and humility and the sort of Botticelli Madonna-esque view you all have of Mary, why would Mary have told the children of Fatima to say HER prayer, to have Russia consecrated to HER Immaculate Heart, etc?

I would think that she would have focused on consecrating Russia to Jesus' Sacred Heart. It seems to me that those who are hyperfocused on apparitions would wonder this, too. Our Lady of Fatima makes her requests all about her, not all about Jesus.

Unless maybe she's that strong, dynamic woman I always said she was.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am a little confused
Since Russia is mostly non-Catholic, wouldn't Orthodoxy be viewed as one of Russia's errors as well in the eyes of a Roman Catholic? Don't mean any offence by it, just curious.

I never heard it understood as such
and I do not know anyone who heard of the visions at Fatima that interpreted them as having to do with Eastern Orthodoxy

for one, Orthodoxy was on the decline in Russia, it was an age of atheism and secularism and collectivism in Russia

yes, there are heroic stories of families who kept the faith
but in a sheer numbers game, Russia was mostly athiest

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Please pray that the next Pope will consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Our Lady. Otherwise there won't be peace in the world.

I know this is impossible to happen under natural circumstances because the evil force won't allow this to happen. But this can happen if enough people pray the Rosary and do penances. And the evil force have no power to stop us from praying and doing penances.

"If my requests are not fulfilled, Russia will spread her errors throughout the world...the holy father will have much to suffer...But in the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph... the holy father will consecrate Russia to My Immaculate Heart ... there will be peace."

Either the Pope do the consecration now or he will do it after the Great Chastisement !
Why would it have to be a Pope that does this consecration? Just wonderin! Don't worry; I wont start a war over it. :)

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Russia is nothing by run by old KGB members- that nation is doomed and I weep for my family who is stuck there. Their government is a joke and I can't wait until Putin is done for. :(
Now that I know this; I will pray for your family there. We can take heart that God sets Kings up and brings them down; (Dan 2) and I am sure when the time is right your Church will be over there in full force blessing the people with the love of Jesus. It will all happen "in His time." He makes all things beautiful in His time.

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
China... If they choose to punish America in some way it'll be economically and trust me, their economy is anything but communist these days.

How could you trust communists ? They are masters of lies and deceptions.
Communist China is turning to capitalism only to strengthen herself before embarking on the communist world conquest.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
I'm just curious about something. Whenever I talk about how I see Mary--as a strong dynamic woman who faced and conquered many difficult challenges in her life, you always say, "Oh, no! She's meek. She's humble."

And my response to that, of course, is that Mary is mentioned three times in the Bible, and so my image is as good as yours.

But given all this meekness and humility and the sort of Botticelli Madonna-esque view you all have of Mary, why would Mary have told the children of Fatima to say HER prayer, to have Russia consecrated to HER Immaculate Heart, etc?

I would think that she would have focused on consecrating Russia to Jesus' Sacred Heart. It seems to me that those who are hyperfocused on apparitions would wonder this, too. Our Lady of Fatima makes her requests all about her, not all about Jesus.

Unless maybe she's that strong, dynamic woman I always said she was.

Why is it an either or?

She's both strong and meek, dynamic and humble.

It is not an either/or at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

murphyblack

Feb 23, 2013
✟7,613.00
Faith
Catholic
type and watch into you tube Father Amorth- our lady of fatima , father amorth explains how the pope tried to consecrate russia in st peters square ,he was a few feet away from him ,march 25th 1984,the pope had the satatue of our lady of fatima ,come over from fatima, but as he went to consecrate russia all the politicians said you cant name russia he asked again and they said no,no,no. but our lady didnt appear to bring problems she appeared came to us to avoid problems, the prophesy of fatima, whoever thinks the prophetic message of fatima decieves himself
Father Amorth- Our Lady of Fatima - YouTube

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here's the skinny from a source you'll listen to--EWTN:

Fatima Consecration

Pope Pius XII consecrated Russia to the Immaculate Heart 58 years ago, an action that was repeated several times in the thirty years that followed.

In the meantime, look around you. There are thousands of other world crises that could be ameliorated by divine assistance (and some old fashioned elbow grease).

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Why is it an either or?

She's both strong and meek, dynamic and humble.

It is not an either/or at all.
I would agree with both. Mary displayed both qualities:
"His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it" (John 2:5)

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
How could you trust communists ? They are masters of lies and deceptions.
Communist China is turning to capitalism only to strengthen herself before embarking on the communist world conquest.

Look, if you're gonna start calling people you disagree with "masters of lies and deception" nobody is going to want to talk to you.

Tin foil hats are so unbecoming.

Besides which, to see that China's economy is capitalist one does not need to trust the Chinese. Simply watching the news will do. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Look, if you're gonna start calling people you disagree with "masters of lies and deception" nobody is going to want to talk to you.

Besides which, to see that China's economy is capitalist one does not need to trust the Chinese. Simply watching the news will do. :thumbsup:

"... world conquest" sounded like projection as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Sebastian,

I never said Putin was a holy warrior, impeccable, and full of beauty, did I, brother? I said Russia was in many ways more moral than we are. They don't allow abortion, they widely and profoundly hate homosexuality and do everything they can to suppress it, they crack down on blasphemy hard, and in most moral areas are quite traditional. The other poster said they were morally "doomed" and such. Where did I say anything wonderful about Putin? I find him deplorable. I think you're carrying on a political conversation with me and I'm trying to carry on a social/moral one?

I also never said that the nation politically was doing great things to help the poor, did I? If you go look at my posts in TAW, my own area, I frequently blast Putin and have little good to say about him. I find him to be a pig.

But post-USSR, the Russians have had a strong resurgence of faith and enlightenment where Holy Orthodoxy is concerned. The Church is actively building parish church buildings, rebuilding the cathedrals, and restoring the icons and holy places. The people have responded well. There is a strong national connection to Orthodoxy that is enjoying a resurgence. I don't see how that is either a controversial or wrong thing for me to say?

Really?

Any political opposition that opposes Putin or any mouthpiece that is critical of Putin...sure have a weird tendency of either going to prison or just ending up dead.

There are more millionaires in Moscow, but how many of them are influenced by the Organizatsiya? Of course, I can't drag them through the coals because we've got our own millionaires who have blood on their own hands or are just as crooked. But if you're going to bring up how many wealthy people are being found in Russia, please, do not neglect how many people are left to fend for themselves: a disparity that is even worse than here in the U.S.

Also, as a Pole, I still find it...really disturbing that Russia gets...jumpy when Eastern countries look to the West for better relations. Also, to be fair, as a Pole, I do not like it when someone is critical of the West - in this case the Euro - the West quickly labels a person as a hazardous nationalist.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you seen this? It might blow your mind...

Revival of Orthodoxy In Russia (Exhibition in Moscow) - YouTube

I never heard it understood as such
and I do not know anyone who heard of the visions at Fatima that interpreted them as having to do with Eastern Orthodoxy

for one, Orthodoxy was on the decline in Russia, it was an age of atheism and secularism and collectivism in Russia

yes, there are heroic stories of families who kept the faith
but in a sheer numbers game, Russia was mostly athiest

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Hi Sebastian,

I never said Putin was a holy warrior, impeccable, and full of beauty, did I, brother? I said Russia was in many ways more moral than we are. They don't allow abortion, they widely and profoundly hate homosexuality and do everything they can to suppress it, they crack down on blasphemy hard, and in most moral areas are quite traditional. The other poster said they were morally "doomed" and such. Where did I say anything wonderful about Putin? I find him deplorable. I think you're carrying on a political conversation with me and I'm trying to carry on a social/moral one?

Scott, one problem:

How is Russia doomed? Financially with their natural gas and oil pipelines and technological advances, they're financially on fire! Moscow has more millionaires than any city in the world.

That has nothing to do with morality but everything to do with the politics in Russia.

It would be the equivalent of me harping about how the U.S. is seeing more millionaires segway into becoming billionaires, how U.S. corporations/companies are seeing huge profits.

Problem is at what cost, especially with regards to people living here. Not really a bragging point as it is just a sad state of affairs when you see the wealthy get wealthier and the poor get poorer.

That's what caught my eye.

With regards to keeping things on the morale side and all that...be aware, you're also talking about a country that has the highest population of drinking deaths, has a higher homicide rate than the U.S., you're seeing a rise in Russia with regards to racism and nationalism, and what happens when there is a pro-gay or LGBT rally in Russia?

Though, I do highly praise Russia for their blasphemy laws. Here, nothing can be sacred because it has to make way for free speech, and I already have stated my opinion about free speech in this country numerous times:

Discharge - Free Speech For The Dumb - YouTube

Nothing more than an entitlement avenue to mock and jeer a group that is open to all.

I also never said that the nation politically was doing great things to help the poor, did I? If you go look at my posts in TAW, my own area, I frequently blast Putin and have little good to say about him. I find him to be a pig.

I don't doubt you dislike Putin.

But post-USSR, the Russians have had a strong resurgence of faith and enlightenment where Holy Orthodoxy is concerned. The Church is actively building parish church buildings, rebuilding the cathedrals, and restoring the icons and holy places. The people have responded well. There is a strong national connection to Orthodoxy that is enjoying a resurgence. I don't see how that is either a controversial or wrong thing for me to say?

It isn't controversial.

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

People who refuses to look at the reality certainly wouldn't want to talk to me.

And you thought I made up the title "master of lies and deception"?? Plenty of people have called communists by that title before. Does it mean nobody wants to talk to them as well?

Please read

* Communism alive and menacing, KGB defector claimed
* Leninists still leading
* SARS reveals the deceitful tradition of the Chinese communist party
* Masters of deception: the story of communism in America and how to fight it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, wait, now I think I understand.

Is it that the consecration of Russia expires after the death (or resignation) of a current Pope?

Is it that the ones performed by Pius XII and John Paul II were only good for a limited time? Did they say, "I consecrate Russia until 2012--then it's up to the next Pope to follow up?"

Upvote 0