Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It was my fault but, how can i avoid doing something I really enjoy?

On Thurs, I went on my long board for the first time in almost 2 years. Only did it for like 20 min and LOVED it but, now, my knees are shot. They are extremely weak and they both keep cracking on me and giving out on me. When my knees are like this, i can't do much of anything. I've been playing ping pong weekly w/ a friend --- not sure i'll be able to do that right now either bc of my knees.

I am going to start to take glucosamine for them but, I Miss long boarding so much. Usually in the past whenever i felt lonely or depressed, I'd just grab my board and go and boarding helped lift my spirits tremendously. Haven't been able to do it bc of my knees and my leg problem but, this year, I decided not to let that stop me but will have to be careful.

Anyone know if there is anything else besides glucosamine that I can take to strengthen my knees?

MauiMamma

*Pray without ceasing* ... 1 Thess. 5:16-18
Aug 8, 2006
Valencia, California
✟29,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was my fault but, how can i avoid doing something I really enjoy?

On Thurs, I went on my long board for the first time in almost 2 years. Only did it for like 20 min and LOVED it but, now, my knees are shot. They are extremely weak and they both keep cracking on me and giving out on me. When my knees are like this, i can't do much of anything. I've been playing ping pong weekly w/ a friend --- not sure i'll be able to do that right now either bc of my knees.

I am going to start to take glucosamine for them but, I Miss long boarding so much. Usually in the past whenever i felt lonely or depressed, I'd just grab my board and go and boarding helped lift my spirits tremendously. Haven't been able to do it bc of my knees and my leg problem but, this year, I decided not to let that stop me but will have to be careful.

Anyone know if there is anything else besides glucosamine that I can take to strengthen my knees?
Prayed for complete healing.
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." Is 53:5
God bless you. :hug:

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,461.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I just saw a study recently that said glucossamine isn't really that helpful. MSM is great though. It has helped me, personally, with aches & pains. The powder seems to work the best, maybe a tablespoon, but everyone is different. I personally like Source Naturals MSM powder, but I know you check out the reviews on different brands, which are so helpful. It doesn't taste good at all in the powder form! You would have to blend it in with something, maybe juice, don't know as I grin & bear it and take it straight with water then drink some milk to get rid of the taste.

Of course I can't say it will help you, but I do know people are not uncommonly deficient in sulphur (which is what MSM basically is) in this culture due to depleted soils and so on. It won't hurt you, 'cept the taste!

Praying you will find what is right for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums