Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I figured I should give a status update on things for folks praying for me and various online friends etc. Things are better, but my dad still needs your prayers.

1) My mom passed away on the 7th of January. I think that is God's will. She had lots of chronic pain and dementia and other problems. We actually thought we were going to have to put her away to an assisted living facility, because she struggled at certain things like going to the restroom by herself. I also know she really didn't want to go away to such a place, so I think her departure was a kind of mercy, because she has been a devout believer for most of her life. Her Memorial Service is scheduled for late February in San Jose, CA.

2) My dad is doing better since the start of year where his physicians closely monitored his condition because they didn't want him to get blood poisoning because he had 3 Life Threatening conditions (Strep throat, a bladder infection and Bronchitis). My dad seems to be really struggling, where it seems like every time I turn around he needs to see a doctor. He has a lingering ear infection. He got an eye infection a few weeks back, that looks like it is healed. He has a knee problem that came from falling down last year.... As I post this, he is happy and upbeat today (which makes me think things are on the upswing), but maybe we can pray this will finally stick.

3) As for myself, I'm doing better. I'm over my illness that lasted a long time (at least 10 days). I almost tried to take myself to a local Urgent Care place earlier in the Month on a Sunday, but found the place was out of business and I was feeling better so didn't make the effort to find another place. I had a few more days of sickness, as I hunkered down from some record winter storms (had more rain and flooding in California than any other time in recorded history), but by the time the storms were over I managed to recover from my Bronchitis etc. without actually seeing a doctor. So, I'm happy on that!

So, we are slowly organizing. and getting ready for things like my Mom's Memorial service at my dad's church, and all the legal stuff that comes with that. I am eventually looking forward to getting more living space because my dad was too busy to make much room for me before I arrived in mid-October (most of the space of my bedroom is taken up by my folk's stuff). Right now, I'm living more like a short-term houseguest, than a permeant resident. :)

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟268,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
I pray that God will watch over and bless your whole family. I pray that God will comfort you after your mother's passing, heal your father from his health conditions and keep you in good health too.

Upvote 0