PIERS MORGAN: Trump should be heading for a massive shellackin in November, but...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,731,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...insane liberals are fighting hard to get him re-elected by destroying statues of American heroes, rioting in the streets and letting off fireworks all night

Donald Trump should be preparing to pack his bags at the White House.

It’s hard to imagine a worse scenario for any incumbent President trying to secure re-election than his terrible handling of a global pandemic resulting in America suffering the world’s worst coronavirus death toll and the US economy crashing to its worst levels since the Great Depression with 40 million job losses.

Trump made things even worse when the country was engulfed by the worst race riots for 50 years and he shamefully fuelled the fires with his shockingly tone-deaf and incendiary response to the country’s rage at George Floyd’s murder at the knee of a racist cop.

Any one of those things would normally signal ballot box slaughter in election year.

Yet somehow, unbelievably, Trump’s opponents are once again doing everything in their power to wrestle another defeat from the jaws of seemingly inevitable victory.

Continued below.
PIERS MORGAN: Liberals are fighting to get Trump re-elected by rioting and letting off fireworks | Daily Mail Online

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,731,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump 2020, I am gonna vote for him. Have you ever seen such an attack as this?
I sure would not want his job. I realize some of the things he says go all over people but it should not cause anarchy. This irrational hatred has been going on since before he was elected.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
  • Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Trump 2020, I am gonna vote for him. Have you ever seen such an attack as this?
The closer we get to November, the uglier the attacks will become.
That's just part of the far-left's nature. I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid that, in spite of all the mayhem they've created these past four years, the worst is yet to come.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That's just part of the far-left's nature. I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid that, in spite of all the mayhem they've created these past four years, the worst is yet to come.
Yep they are doing everything possible to keep him out of white house.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟431,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't think Trump will have quite as easy a ride as his believers think he will. There are an awful lot of people who are neither pro-rioting nor pro-Trump who may dislike Joe Biden intensely, but at least see him as less of an immediate threat to the country than Trump et al. are. Things like the clearing of the protesters in D.C. so that he could have a photo OP in front of a church he doesn't go to with a book he doesn't read don't play well to many religious people who care more that he should read that book than that he should get his photo taken with it. I don't think this message board is a very representative sample of the range of Christian opinion on his antics, or on his fitness for office. (Though questions about Biden's fitness remain, as well.)

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,247,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The worst is yet to come IMHO. Escalations up to election day. Then, if Trump wins, more escalations and Trump resistance until it all goes up in smoke. But if Biden wins, a short reprieve and then more escalations, some of which trump will cave in to and some which he can't, until it all goes up in smoke. I think no matter what it all goes up in smoke.

A new plague might slow it down. A big war might slow it down. I'm not sure what else would slow it down. Civil authorities don't seem to have the will to stop it. Some are in favor of the coming collapse.

If the Church had spine, could we do anything useful?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,247,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I’m a never trumper . Never have liked him and he’s only made me dislike him more with the horrible and ignorant things he’s done , said and espoused
I'm a never trumper too, but the other big party alternative looks quite awful as well. The challenge is to see whether one of these worst of two evils is so far worse than the other one that it makes any sense to vote for the lesser of two evils. So far, I don't think so. The only fit way to vote is outside of the failed big two parties.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
The worst is yet to come IMHO. Escalations up to election day. Then, if Trump wins, more escalations and Trump resistance until it all goes up in smoke. But if Biden wins, a short reprieve and then more escalations, some of which trump will cave in to and some which he can't, until it all goes up in smoke. I think no matter what it all goes up in smoke.

A new plague might slow it down. A big war might slow it down. I'm not sure what else would slow it down. Civil authorities don't seem to have the will to stop it. Some are in favor of the coming collapse.

If the Church had spine, could we do anything useful?

I believe the most beneficial thing the church can do (and I mean the body of all believers in Christ, regardless of denomination or religious affiliation) other than prayer would be to really put the great commandment into practice. Be kind and compassionate and loving to both self and to neighbor. Focus on the small things within our communities and circle of control rather than putting politics and political ideologies above people.

Trump is a symptom of the type of people we have become in this country, so in order to change the system, we need to make positive changes within ourselves and for goodness sakes, if our chosen candidate does something reprehensible, call him out on it and hold him accountable EVEN IF WE VOTED FOR HIM. Trump does much of what he does because he knows he can easily get away with it and knows that his loyal base will glorify anything he does regardless of what it is. As Christians, we need to stop doing that sort of nonsense.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,247,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
...insane liberals are fighting hard to get him re-elected by destroying statues of American heroes, rioting in the streets and letting off fireworks all night

Donald Trump should be preparing to pack his bags at the White House.
Trump would lose if the alternative was more appealing.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0