A Colorado judge finds Trump 'engaged in insurrection,' but keeps him on the ballot

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That's nice, but it doesn't
Matter to you
the point I and others have been making. O.J. was found liable for the deaths of Nichole Brown and Ron Goldman in a court case with his lawyers present. The fact that it was civil case doesn't
Matter to you
change the fact that he was found liable for the deaths of two people. I don't know why this is so hard a concept to grasp.
I do grasp the concept
You really don't understand what the phrase due process means, do you?
Neither than do the legal scholars I have heard from. But you, a guy on the internet knows it all.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.​
This decision is not depriving Donald of life, liberty or property. That said, due process is still relevant to civil cases. From the linked article:
>> The core requirements of procedural due process are notice12 and a hearing13 before an impartial tribunal,14 though specific requirements in each case vary based on the particular interests at stake.15 Due process may also require other procedural protections such as an opportunity for confrontation and cross-examination, discovery, a decision based on the record, or the opportunity to be represented by counsel.16 <<

Donald received notice.
A hearing was held before an impartial panel (you will disagree, but your disagreement is tribalism, not the law).
Donald was represented by counsel.
There's nothing in the 14th Amendment or 170 yeas of civil case law requiting a criminal conviction before a civil case can be litigated.
It doesn;t matter to you. It's all ok cuz you say so. See I understand the concept.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Exactly, but he and the voters are being subject to the penalty.
Exactly what "penalty" are the voters being subjected to?
Does anyone here really want this kind of justice in our country?
Applying the clause 3 of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution? A would hope every American would want that.
Actually some do, because they want to change this country.
Yeah, those who think Donald should be above the law and want him to be their instrument of retribution. That and gutting the bureaucracy of civil servants and replacing them with yes men who will facilitate Donald being an instrument of retribution.
Some want it just in this case, but not for themselves of course. Rules for thee not for me. I mean after all convincing people that someone is Hitler, they need to be stopped no matter the way it is done right?
I'm old enough to remember when Donald's ardently faithful believers chanted "lock her up" during his Two Minutes Hate rallies. I'm also old enough to remember when he wanted to use to government to go after his enemies.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Applying the clause 3 of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution? A would hope every American would want that.

Yeah, those who think Donald should be above the law and want him to be their instrument of retribution. That and gutting the bureaucracy of civil servants and replacing them with yes men who will facilitate Donald being an instrument of retribution.

I'm old enough to remember when Donald's ardently faithful believers chanted "lock her up" during his Two Minutes Hate rallies. I'm also old enough to remember when he wanted to use to government to go after his enemies.
It doesn't matter to you. Therefore what you say matters nothing to me. You know it all....

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Matter to you
I need to you go back and edit your post so you don't make it seem like I'm saying things I'm not.
I do grasp the concept
Your comments suggest otherwise.
Neither than do the legal scholars I have heard from. But you, a guy on the internet knows it all.
Cite one. I'll wait.
It doesn;t matter to you.
Please stop goading. It's against forum rules.
It's all ok cuz you say so. See I understand the concept.
Try reading more and being smart-alecky less. I literally cited the due process clause and some exposition from the Library of Congress. This isn't "me saying so".

Understand?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Oh, but he would have done so lawfully. But he did not did he? He did not even attempt to.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't matter to you. Therefore what you say matters nothing to me. You know it all....
How about if you quit goading me, lying about me and putting words in my mouth? Goading is against forum rules.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I need to you go back and edit your post so you don't make it seem like I'm saying things I'm not.

Cite one. I'll wait.

Try reading more and being smart-alecky less. I literally cited the due process clause and some exposition from the Library of Congress. This isn't "me saying so".

Understand?
Goading now? Please see how my post appears on my end. How did you end up with that?
The following post is how it appeared when I went to edit to fix it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Cite one. I'll wait.

Understand?
Here is how it appears on my end
That's nice, but it doesn't
Matter to you
the point I and others have been making. O.J. was found liable for the deaths of Nichole Brown and Ron Goldman in a court case with his lawyers present. The fact that it was civil case doesn't
Matter to you
change the fact that he was found liable for the deaths of two people. I don't know why this is so hard a concept to grasp.
I do grasp the concept
You really don't understand what the phrase due process means, do you?
https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/amdt14-S1-5-4-1/ALDE_00013750/
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
This decision is not depriving Donald of life, liberty or property. That said, due process is still relevant to civil cases. From the linked article:
>> The core requirements of procedural due process are notice12 and a hearing13 before an impartial tribunal,14 though specific requirements in each case vary based on the particular interests at stake.15 Due process may also require other procedural protections such as an opportunity for confrontation and cross-examination, discovery, a decision based on the record, or the opportunity to be represented by counsel.16 <<

Donald received notice.
A hearing was held before an impartial panel (you will disagree, but your disagreement is tribalism, not the law).
Donald was represented by counsel.
There's nothing in the 14th Amendment or 170 yeas of civil case law requiting a criminal conviction before a civil case can be litigated.
It doesn;t matter to you. It's all ok cuz you say so. See I understand the concept.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
What was he taken off the ballot for? Why are you playing games?
For being ineligible. Just like if he was 30 years old or born in Kenya.

Honestly this whole thing is like someone trying to erect a billboard that's too tall, or widen their driveway more than the HOA allows. It falls afoul of a rule. Criminality doesn't enter into it.

You must be this tall to become President of the United States.

The Supreme Court of CO has determined that Donald is ineligible to be on the ballot.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You must be this tall to become President of the United States.

The Supreme Court of CO has determined that Donald is ineligible to be on the ballot.
I'm reminded of the 1988 campaign "Bush -- He's taller". (SNL ad)

(Sorry Ron, you're out, just like Little Marco.)

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0