ONE OF THE MOST DANGEROUS SUBJECT , BAPTISM !!

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. In this Scripture it means water. This is Baptism of Water according to Jesus' command:

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.” Ephesians 5:26, Mark 16:16

There are different types of baptism in Scripture that are valid for today: Baptism of Water, Baptism of Desire, Baptism of Martyrdom, and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with Fire which confirms our faith in Jesus.

John baptized with water for the repentance of sins. This water baptism was to prepare a person for the water baptism of Jesus which forgives sins.

Matthew 3:11 “I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
Mark 1:4 John the baptizer appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance (to prepare you for the water baptism of Jesus) for the forgiveness of sins.

The water baptism of Jesus is for the actual forgiveness of sins:

Acts 2:37-39 Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”
37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?” 38 And Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, every one whom the Lord our God calls to him.”
1 Peter 3:19-21 in which he went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, during the building of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were saved through water. 21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, Now when the apostles at Jerusalem heard that Samar′ia had received the word of God, they sent to them Peter and John, 15 who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit; 16 for it had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit. Acts 22:12-16
Our sins and Adam's sin are forgiven by this water baptism of Jesus and we receive the Holy Spirit's presence within our souls. It is His presence which sanctifies us and makes us righteous.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire confirms us in our faith and gives us more graces of the Holy Spirit:

Acts 8:14-17 Now when the apostles at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent to them Peter and John, 15 who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit; 16 for it had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit.
People can first receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire before being baptized with the water baptism of Jesus if God wills it:

Acts 10:45-48 And the believers from among the circumcised who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues and extolling God. Then Peter declared, 47 “Can any one forbid water for baptizing these people who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days.

These Gentiles received what we call the Baptism of Desire. Even though these Gentiles received the baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire, they still were required to be baptized according to Jesus' commandment in Matthew 28:18-20.

There is also the Baptism of Martyrdom.

Mark 10:35-40 And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came forward to him, and said to him, “Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever we ask of you.” 36 And he said to them, “What do you want me to do for you?” 37 And they said to him, “Grant us to sit, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your glory.” 38 But Jesus said to them, “You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or to be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?” 39 And they said to him, “We are able.” And Jesus said to them, “The cup that I drink you will drink; and with the baptism with which I am baptized, you will be baptized; 40 but to sit at my right hand or at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared.”
You say the the Greek word BAPTISM always means WATER ??

If that is so , in 1 Cor 10: 2 They were BAPTIZED unto Moses unto the CLOUD unto the SEA , your thoughts as to how that happened .

How can you BAPTIZE unto a CLOUD ?

How anyone BAPTIZED a SEA ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You say the the Greek word BAPTISM always means WATER ??

If that is so , in 1 Cor 10: 2 They were BAPTIZED unto Moses unto the CLOUD unto the SEA , your thoughts as to how that happened .

How can you BAPTIZE unto a CLOUD ?

How anyone BAPTIZED a SEA ??

dan p
The Israelites were saved by God through Moses who led them into the desert away from the Egyptians through the Red Sea. After they departed the Red Sea, they were guided by God by a pillar of cloud during the day and they were given light at night by a pillar of fire.

Exodus 13:21 By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.

This "saving" was a prefiguring (a shadow of what was to come) of the actual water baptism as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28:18-19, which literally washes away (forgives) our sins and gives us the Holy Spirit. It is this water baptism which initially saves us and makes us Jesus' disciples.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Israelites were saved by God through Moses who led them into the desert away from the Egyptians through the Red Sea. After they departed the Red Sea, they were guided by God by a pillar of cloud during the day and they were given light at night by a pillar of fire.

Exodus 13:21 By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.

This "saving" was a prefiguring (a shadow of what was to come) of the actual water baptism as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28:18-19, which literally washes away (forgives) our sins and gives us the Holy Spirit. It is this water baptism which initially saves us and makes us Jesus' disciples.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’
AND your " saving " was a prefiguring ( a shadow of what was n to come ) of the actual WATER BAPTISM .

Do you have a verse WHERE water baptism was given to Israel ?

And where BAPTISM was given to the GENTILES ?

And where is there a verse where WATER BAPTISM saves any person ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
AND your " saving " was a prefiguring ( a shadow of what was n to come ) of the actual WATER BAPTISM .

Do you have a verse WHERE water baptism was given to Israel ?
Water baptism was not necessary for the righteous Israelites who lived before Jesus died on the cross. Abraham is an example of a righteous man who lived even before the first testament was put into force. He did have to wait in Hades (Luke 16:23) until Jesus died on the cross in order to enter into heaven and this is because Adam's sin had closed the gates of heaven to every human. When Jesus died on the cross, His perfect blood sacrifice paid the price that was necessary for Him to be able to re-open the gates of heaven.
And where BAPTISM was given to the GENTILES ?
One example:

Acts 8:35-38 Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus. 36 As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, “Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?” [37] [a] 38 And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.
And where is there a verse where WATER BAPTISM saves any person ??
Luke 1:77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,

IOW, when our sins are forgiven, we are saved.

Water baptism as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28:18-19 is what actually forgives our sins. The baptismal water with the baptismal words wash all our sins away.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your thoughts as to why Jesus was WATER BAPTIZED ??
Jesus did not need to be baptized. He had not sinned. He humbly chose to be baptized in order to be the perfect example for His followers so that they would imitate Him.

Hebrews 2:17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did not need to be baptized. He had not sinned. He humbly chose to be baptized in order to be the perfect example for His followers so that they would imitate Him.

Hebrews 2:17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.
Two questions that come up ?

#1 Explain with a verse why Jesus did not Need WATER BAPTISM ?

#2 But where did Christ REPENT , and he did REPENT in Gen 6:6 !!

# 3 Who was WATER BAPTISM first given TOO , Jews ??

#4 Or , when was it given to GENTILES ??

#5 In Matt 28:19 WHY does it say BAPTIZING and OMIT the Greek word WATER // HUDOR ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Two questions that come up ?

#1 Explain with a verse why Jesus did not Need WATER BAPTISM ?
John the Baptist knew that Jesus did not need baptism and so he tried to prevent Him from being baptized.

Matthew 3:13-17 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. 14 And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”
15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.
16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and [a]He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

#2 But where did Christ REPENT , and he did REPENT in Gen 6:6 !!
Christ did not ever literally repent. He did not sin so repentance was not required.

Genesis 6:6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

In other words, men and women disappointed God because of their sinfulness. God does not literally sin so He cannot literally repent. James 1:13, Luke 6:35, 1 Peter 1:15, James 1:17 God is perfect, holy, good, and He is love. You can use Biblegateway.com and search for the Scriptures that show these traits of God.
# 3 Who was WATER BAPTISM first given TOO , Jews ??
Jews first.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek (Gentile).
#4 Or , when was it given to GENTILES ??
Cornelius was the first Gentile.

Read Acts 10 for the whole story. Here is the particular verse:

Acts10:48 So Peter told them to baptize Cornelius and his relatives and friends in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.
#5 In Matt 28:19 WHY does it say BAPTIZING and OMIT the Greek word WATER // HUDOR ?
The people were taught in person by the apostles and disciples that this baptism commanded by Jesus meant water baptism. They were no bibles in those days.

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

This is an idiom: the language peculiar to a people or to a district, community, or class. This Scripture refers to the baptism as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28:18-19. This baptism was what Jesus is talking about in John 3:5. It means water baptism.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Believe me when I say that everyone must be born from water and the Spirit. Anyone who is not born from water and the Spirit cannot enter God’s kingdom.

1 Peter 3:19-22 And by the Spirit he went and preached to the spirits in prison. 20 Those were the spirits who refused to obey God long ago in the time of Noah. God was waiting patiently for people while Noah was building the big boat. And only a few—eight in all—were saved in the boat through the floodwater. 21 And that water is like baptism, which now saves you. Baptism is not the washing of dirt from the body. It is asking God for a clean conscience. It saves you because Jesus Christ was raised from death. 22 Now he has gone into heaven. He is at God’s right side and rules over angels, authorities, and powers.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John the Baptist knew that Jesus did not need baptism and so he tried to prevent Him from being baptized.

Matthew 3:13-17 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. 14 And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”
15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.
16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and [a]He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Christ did not ever literally repent. He did not sin so repentance was not required.

Genesis 6:6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

In other words, men and women disappointed God because of their sinfulness. God does not literally sin so He cannot literally repent. James 1:13, Luke 6:35, 1 Peter 1:15, James 1:17 God is perfect, holy, good, and He is love. You can use Biblegateway.com and search for the Scriptures that show these traits of God.

Jews first.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek (Gentile).

Acts10:48 So Peter told them to baptize Cornelius and his relatives and friends in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

The people were taught in person by the apostles and disciples that this baptism commanded by Jesus meant water baptism. They were no bibles in those days.

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

This is an idiom: the language peculiar to a people or to a district, community, or class. This Scripture refers to the baptism as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28:18-19. This baptism was what Jesus is talking about in John 3:5. It means water baptism.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Believe me when I say that everyone must be born from water and the Spirit. Anyone who is not born from water and the Spirit cannot enter God’s kingdom.

1 Peter 3:19-22 And by the Spirit he went and preached to the spirits in prison. 20 Those were the spirits who refused to obey God long ago in the time of Noah. God was waiting patiently for people while Noah was building the big boat. And only a few—eight in all—were saved in the boat through the floodwater. 21 And that water is like baptism, which now saves you. Baptism is not the washing of dirt from the body. It is asking God for a clean conscience. It saves you because Jesus Christ was raised from death. 22 Now he has gone into heaven. He is at God’s right side and rules over angels, authorities, and powers.
And you believe that WATER BAPTISM was first given to Israel , well done !!

#1 John did FORBAD // DIAKOLYO and is in The Greek IMPERFECT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE in the Indicative Mood and in the Singular .

# 2 Jesus his water baptism was to FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS // DIKAIOSYNE is in the Greek ACCUSATIVE CASE , and is in the SINGULAR .

#3 Your thoughts on #2 Please ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And you believe that WATER BAPTISM was first given to Israel , well done !!

#1 John did FORBAD // DIAKOLYO and is in The Greek IMPERFECT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE in the Indicative Mood and in the Singular .

# 2 Jesus his water baptism was to FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS // DIKAIOSYNE is in the Greek ACCUSATIVE CASE , and is in the SINGULAR .

#3 Your thoughts on #2 Please ?

dan p
Jesus is our Shepherd. We sheep are to follow His example into righteousness with God and we do this by becoming water-baptized as He commanded in Matthew 28:18-19. Jesus asked to be baptized in order to show us how we are to become righteous/justified with God when we receive the baptism He commanded.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me.

Romans 6:3-4 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we have been buried with him by baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

Colossians 3:1-3 So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth, 3 for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him in glory.

The washing away of our sins during the Baptism according to Jesus' command makes us holy and gives us the right relationship with God:

1 Corinthians 6:11 And this is what some of you used to be. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So what did those in verses in Acts have to REPENT OF ??

Verses in Acts 2:36 and 37 tells us why !!

They CRUCIFIED Christ and then in verse 37 , those Jews said , Men , Brethren ! What will we do ??

Did Israel repent , NOOOOOOOOOOO

And that is why Israel was set aside , in Acts 28:25--28 is JUST one verse as to why Israel was set aside !!

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So what did those in verses in Acts have to REPENT OF ??

Verses in Acts 2:36 and 37 tells us why !!

They CRUCIFIED Christ and then in verse 37 , those Jews said , Men , Brethren ! What will we do ??

Did Israel repent , NOOOOOOOOOOO

And that is why Israel was set aside , in Acts 28:25--28 is JUST one verse as to why Israel was set aside !!

dan p
They were thousands of Jews who did accept Jesus as their Messiah during the time of the apostles' preaching but most of the Jews and most of their leadership did not. Therefore, God's wrath was poured out on these unbelieving Jews via the Roman armies.

Acts 4:4 Many who heard the word became believers, and their number grew to about five thousand.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were thousands of Jews who did accept Jesus as their Messiah during the time of the apostles' preaching but most of the Jews and most of their leadership did not. Therefore, God's wrath was poured out on these unbelieving Jews via the Roman armies.

Acts 4:4 Many who heard the word became believers, and their number grew to about five thousand.
And 3000 or 5000 is nothing , is a drop into the pail !!

Your thoughts on Acts 28: 25-28 will help see you better ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And 3000 or 5000 is nothing , is a drop into the pail !!

Your thoughts on Acts 28: 25-28 will help see you better ?

dan p
I agree with you. :) I am enjoying our discussion.

Jesus also said the same thing in Matthew 13:13-15.

This is why I speak to the crowds in parables: although they see, they don’t really see; and although they hear, they don’t really hear or understand. 14 What Isaiah prophesied has become completely true for them:

You will hear, to be sure, but never understand;
and you will certainly see but never recognize what you are seeing.
15 For this people’s senses have become calloused,
and they’ve become hard of hearing,
and they’ve shut their eyes
so that they won’t see with their eyes
or hear with their ears
or understand with their minds,
and change their hearts and lives that I may heal them

Matthew 21:42-45
Jesus said to them, “Haven’t you ever read in the scriptures, The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. The Lord has done this, and it’s amazing in our eyes? 43 Therefore, I tell you that God’s kingdom will be taken away from you and will be given to a people who produce its fruit. 44 Whoever falls on this stone will be crushed. And the stone will crush the person it falls on.”
45 Now when the chief priests and the Pharisees heard the parable, they knew Jesus was talking about them. 46 They were trying to arrest him, but they feared the crowds, who thought he was a prophet.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Water baptism was not necessary for the righteous Israelites who lived before Jesus died on the cross. Abraham is an example of a righteous man who lived even before the first testament was put into force. He did have to wait in Hades (Luke 16:23) until Jesus died on the cross in order to enter into heaven and this is because Adam's sin had closed the gates of heaven to every human. When Jesus died on the cross, His perfect blood sacrifice paid the price that was necessary for Him to be able to re-open the gates of heaven.

One example:

Acts 8:35-38 Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus. 36 As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, “Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?” [37] [a] 38 And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.

Luke 1:77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,

IOW, when our sins are forgiven, we are saved.

Water baptism as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28:18-19 is what actually forgives our sins. The baptismal water with the baptismal words wash all our sins away.
In Acts 2:36 says LET // GINOSKO is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , IMPERERATIVE , Which means a command and in the Greek SINGULAR and that means all Jews .

THE HOUSE // OIKOS , is in the Nominative Case and is the subject and is speaking to all of Israel since it is in the Greek SINGULAR .

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In Acts 2:36 says LET // GINOSKO is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , IMPERERATIVE , Which means a command and in the Greek SINGULAR and that means all Jews .

THE HOUSE // OIKOS , is in the Nominative Case and is the subject and is speaking to all of Israel since it is in the Greek SINGULAR .

dan p
This was the command for all Israelites after Jesus rose from the dead. This water baptism is required to do in order to be saved and become His Christian disciples. We know that percentage-wise, few of the many Israelites in Israel became His baptized Christian disciples.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This was the command for all Israelites after Jesus rose from the dead. This water baptism is required to do in order to be saved and become His Christian disciples. We know that percentage-wise, few of the many Israelites in Israel became His baptized Christian disciples.
Since you believe in the bible , your thoughts on Mark 16:16 , he that is BAPTIZED // BA[PTISO shall be saved .

verse 17 says that those who are BAPTIZED will cast out DEMONS , speak in new tongues , cast out DEMONS , ECT , ECT ??

The Greek word for WATER // HUDOR is not used , so that means it is not speaking about WATER BAPTISM .

If you say that ir is WATER BAPTISM , how in 1 Cor 10:2 were they BAPTIZED UNTO MOSES UNTO THE CLOUD unto the SEA

Your thoughts ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Since you believe in the bible , your thoughts on Mark 16:16 , he that is BAPTIZED // BA[PTISO shall be saved .

verse 17 says that those who are BAPTIZED will cast out DEMONS , speak in new tongues , cast out DEMONS , ECT , ECT ??

The Greek word for WATER // HUDOR is not used , so that means it is not speaking about WATER BAPTISM .

If you say that ir is WATER BAPTISM , how in 1 Cor 10:2 were they BAPTIZED UNTO MOSES UNTO THE CLOUD unto the SEA

Your thoughts ?

dan p
The water baptism as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28-18-19 is the baptism which forgives sins and so this is the same water baptism which saves us in Mark 16:16. It is the water baptism commanded by Jesus which initially forgives our sins and saves us. See 1 Corinthians 6:11

Cloud and sea baptisms are not the same baptism as the water baptism commanded by Jesus. They prefigure the water baptism commanded by Jesus:

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The water baptism as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28-18-19 is the baptism which forgives sins and so this is the same water baptism which saves us in Mark 16:16. It is the water baptism commanded by Jesus which initially forgives our sins and saves us. See 1 Corinthians 6:11

Cloud and sea baptisms are not the same baptism as the water baptism commanded by Jesus. They prefigure the water baptism commanded by Jesus:
Does it mean that you believe in ATER BAPTISM , seem to be the case ??

Then you can explain Eph 4:5 where it is written , ONR LORD , ONE FAITH , ONE BAPTISMA ?

So what doe BAPTISMA then mean ??

It is used 22 times beginning in Matthew , through 1 Peter 3 :21 ?

Your thoughs as to what BAPTISMA really means ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Does it mean that you believe in ATER BAPTISM , seem to be the case ??

Then you can explain Eph 4:5 where it is written , ONR LORD , ONE FAITH , ONE BAPTISMA ?

So what doe BAPTISMA then mean ??

It is used 22 times beginning in Matthew , through 1 Peter 3 :21 ?

Your thoughs as to what BAPTISMA really means ?

dan p
Believe first. Then the water water baptism as commanded by Jesus is given to us to wash away our sins.

Acts 2:38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 22:16

Water baptism gives us the spirit of God to live within us. It is His continued presence which keeps us sanctified/saved.

If we don't believe we won't get water baptized and so we will be condemned. It is the water baptism of Jesus that forgives our sins and saves us. Mark 16:16

The baptism as commanded by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:18-19:
John 3:5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless one is born of water and Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Baptisma means water baptism as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28:18-19. One Lord Jesus Christ. One faith in Jesus Christ. One (water) baptism in Jesus Christ makes us Jesus' disciples. His disciples are called Christians.

I will be moving on to another thread so I will not be posting on this one again. :)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jews first.

Does your Acts 19:5 say WATER // HUDOR and why are you ADDING to the word of God ??

Verse 6 says how they were BAPTIZED and when Paul laid his hands upon them the HOLY SPIRIT came Upon them and theyb were speaking in languages and were prophesying , just as the Israel did at PENTECOST .

Verse 2 explains , since having believed , did you receive HOLY SPIRIT , But we did not hear WHETHER there is a HOLY SPIRIT

There was NO WATER in verse 5 AT ALL !!

dan p

Upvote 0