ONE OF THE MOST DANGEROUS SUBJECT , BAPTISM !!

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I say that because many are depending on WATER BAPTISM to save them . period .

I HAVE // ECHO , a noun , is in the Greek a PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and means , better believe it , in the SINGULAR , meaning one time ONLY , his death .

#2 A BAPTISM // BAPTISMA is a noun , and means a person , in the ACCUSATIVE CASE , means LIMITED

#3 TO BE BAPTIZED // BAPTISO a verb , means action , in the AORIST TENSE , in the PASSIVE VOICE and that means that it is Christ doing the action .

#4 AM I STRAITENED // SYNECHHO , in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , means that Christ is doing the action .

#5 IT BE ACCOMPLASHED // TELO a verb in the Greek AORIST TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , is Christ calling the shots ,

#6 And in verse 51 , suppose that I am come to bring peace on earth , Nay , , but rather division .

And verse 52--59 is what will happen to Israel .

This OP is to show that BAPTIZED , BAPTISM , BAPTISMOS , and the Greek word in Eph 4:5 ONE BAPTISMA , is the HOLY SPIRIT .

dan p

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I say that because many are depending on WATER BAPTISM to save them . period .

I HAVE // ECHO , a noun , is in the Greek a PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and means , better believe it , in the SINGULAR , meaning one time ONLY , his death .

#2 A BAPTISM // BAPTISMA is a noun , and means a person , in the ACCUSATIVE CASE , means LIMITED

#3 TO BE BAPTIZED // BAPTISO a verb , means action , in the AORIST TENSE , in the PASSIVE VOICE and that means that it is Christ doing the action .

#4 AM I STRAITENED // SYNECHHO , in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , means that Christ is doing the action .

#5 IT BE ACCOMPLASHED // TELO a verb in the Greek AORIST TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , is Christ calling the shots ,

#6 And in verse 51 , suppose that I am come to bring peace on earth , Nay , , but rather division .

And verse 52--59 is what will happen to Israel .

This OP is to show that BAPTIZED , BAPTISM , BAPTISMOS , and the Greek word in Eph 4:5 ONE BAPTISMA , is the HOLY SPIRIT .

dan p
People who are already saved and filled with His Holy Spirit are the only candidates for a true water baptism. If a person circumvents His Holy Spirit regeneration, and is baptized in water , no harm done, as they are still on their walk towards salvation. Remember , John the Baptist baptized in water first then Jesus Christ of Nazareth introduced His Baptism in the Spirit. John clearly makes this distinction. Nothing is to say , especially all those newborns, that a water baptism does harm because He works through the human heart not through water.
Matthew 3
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Reactions: Oneofhope
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People who are already saved and filled with His Holy Spirit are the only candidates for a true water baptism. If a person circumvents His Holy Spirit regeneration, and is baptized in water , no harm done, as they are still on their walk towards salvation. Remember , John the Baptist baptized in water first then Jesus Christ of Nazareth introduced His Baptism in the Spirit. John clearly makes this distinction. Nothing is to say , especially all those newborns, that a water baptism does harm because He works through the human heart not through water.
Matthew 3
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
SINCE water baptism is no longer to be in OPERATION today , and I have yet to see a verse that says it will be in operation in the NEW COVENANT , unless someone has a verse ,

The ONLY verse where Christ SPRINKLES CLEAN WATER on those saved by the NEW COVENANT is in EZE 36:25 .

I wonder if many understand what it means He will BAPTIZE you with Holy Spirit and FIRE really means ??

In Acts 1:4 means by the word PROMISE and who was given that PROMISE #1 Given to the BODY of CHRIST ?

Or Given to Israel ?

What is the CONTEXT , HERE ??

Your thoughts ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SINCE water baptism is no longer to be in OPERATION today , and I have yet to see a verse that says it will be in operation in the NEW COVENANT , unless someone has a verse ,
The ONLY verse where Christ SPRINKLES CLEAN WATER on those saved by the NEW COVENANT is in EZE 36:25 .
I wonder if many understand what it means He will BAPTIZE you with Holy Spirit and FIRE really means ??
In Acts 1:4 means by the word PROMISE and who was given that PROMISE #1 Given to the BODY of CHRIST ?
Or Given to Israel ?
What is the CONTEXT , HERE ??
Your thoughts ??
dan p
Matthew 28:18-20
(18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Matthew 3:11
(11) I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Matthew 3:16
(16) And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mark 1:8
(8) I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
Luke 3:16
(16) John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
John 1:26
(26) John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;
John 1:33
(33) And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
(33) And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
John 3:23
(23) And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.
Acts 1:5
(5) For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Acts 8:36
(36) And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Acts 8:38
(38) And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Acts 10:47
(47) Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Acts 11:16
(16) Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 28:18-20
(18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Matthew 3:11
(11) I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Matthew 3:16
(16) And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mark 1:8
(8) I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
Luke 3:16
(16) John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
John 1:26
(26) John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;
John 3:23
(23) And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.
Acts 1:5
(5) For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Acts 8:36
(36) And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Acts 8:38
(38) And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Acts 10:47
(47) Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Acts 11:16
(16) Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Your thoughts on 1 Cor 10:2 when it reads , And all were BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO , unto Moses , in the Cloud and in the SEA .

The question is was IT WATER BAPTISM unto Moses ??

Or was it NO-WATER BAPTISM unto Moses ??

How can you use WATER or was it a NO-WATER into the CLOUD ?

And how did someone do a NON-WATER or do a WATER BAPTISM unto to the SEA ??

dan p

And

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your thoughts on 1 Cor 10:2 when it reads , And all were BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO , unto Moses , in the Cloud and in the SEA .

The question is was IT WATER BAPTISM unto Moses ??

Or was it NO-WATER BAPTISM unto Moses ??

How can you use WATER or was it a NO-WATER into the CLOUD ?

And how did someone do a NON-WATER or do a WATER BAPTISM unto to the SEA ??

dan p

And
Really clear to me. "unto Moses [both], in the Cloud and in the SEA"
"With their deliverance from Egypt: “Our fathers, that is, the ancestors of us Jews, were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea. They were all under the divine covering and conduct.” The cloud served for both purposes: it sometimes contracted itself into a cloudy pillar, shining on one side to show them their way, dark on the other to hide them from their pursuing enemies; and sometimes spread itself over them as a mighty sheet, to defend them from the burning sun in the sandy desert, Psa_105:39. They were miraculously conducted through the Red Sea, where the pursuing Egyptians were drowned: "Matthew Henry."

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really clear to me. "unto Moses [both], in the Cloud and in the SEA"
"With their deliverance from Egypt: “Our fathers, that is, the ancestors of us Jews, were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea. They were all under the divine covering and conduct.” The cloud served for both purposes: it sometimes contracted itself into a cloudy pillar, shining on one side to show them their way, dark on the other to hide them from their pursuing enemies; and sometimes spread itself over them as a mighty sheet, to defend them from the burning sun in the sandy desert, Psa_105:39. They were miraculously conducted through the Red Sea, where the pursuing Egyptians were drowned: "Matthew Henry."
# 1 And are were all IDENTIFIED // BAPTIZED , unto Moses , unto the CLOUD and into the Sea

#2 When MOSES struck the water , a wind from Christ , pushed the waters aside and Israel walked across the Red SEA , ON Dry Land

# 3 The ones who were to be DROWNED , were the Egyptians

#4 To me the CLOUD represents Christ !!

#5 The SEA , I say represents the Egyptians !!

#6 I also like you , believe that the CLOUD represents Christ coming to protect from the SUN and also , the Cloud to me

represents Judgment .

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
# 1 And are were all IDENTIFIED // BAPTIZED , unto Moses , unto the CLOUD and into the Sea

#2 When MOSES struck the water , a wind from Christ , pushed the waters aside and Israel walked across the Red SEA , ON Dry Land

# 3 The ones who were to be DROWNED , were the Egyptians

#4 To me the CLOUD represents Christ !!

#5 The SEA , I say represents the Egyptians !!

#6 I also like you , believe that the CLOUD represents Christ coming to protect from the SUN and also , the Cloud to me

represents Judgment .

dan p
If anyone here believes in WATER BAPTISM , you thoughts on the following verse ?

Rom 6:3 reads Or are you ignorant , that as many were BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO into Christ Jesus BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO into his death ?

MY question is does BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO also means WATER ""

If it does not then what does it then mean ?

danp

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If anyone here believes b in WATER BAPTISM , you thoughts on the following verse ?

Rom 6:3 reads Or are you ignorant , that as many were BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO into Christ Jesus BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO into his death ?

MY question is does BAPTIZED // BAPTIZO also means WATER ""

If it does not then what does it then mean ?

danp
Yes. In this Scripture it means water. This is Baptism of Water according to Jesus' command:

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.” Ephesians 5:26, Mark 16:16

There are different types of baptism in Scripture that are valid for today: Baptism of Water, Baptism of Desire, Baptism of Martyrdom, and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with Fire which confirms our faith in Jesus.

John baptized with water for the repentance of sins. This water baptism was to prepare a person for the water baptism of Jesus which forgives sins.

Matthew 3:11 “I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
Mark 1:4 John the baptizer appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance (to prepare you for the water baptism of Jesus) for the forgiveness of sins.

The water baptism of Jesus is for the actual forgiveness of sins:

Acts 2:37-39 Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”
37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?” 38 And Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, every one whom the Lord our God calls to him.”
1 Peter 3:19-21 in which he went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, during the building of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were saved through water. 21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, Now when the apostles at Jerusalem heard that Samar′ia had received the word of God, they sent to them Peter and John, 15 who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit; 16 for it had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit. Acts 22:12-16
Our sins and Adam's sin are forgiven by this water baptism of Jesus and we receive the Holy Spirit's presence within our souls. It is His presence which sanctifies us and makes us righteous.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire confirms us in our faith and gives us more graces of the Holy Spirit:

Acts 8:14-17 Now when the apostles at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent to them Peter and John, 15 who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit; 16 for it had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit.
People can first receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire before being baptized with the water baptism of Jesus if God wills it:

Acts 10:45-48 And the believers from among the circumcised who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues and extolling God. Then Peter declared, 47 “Can any one forbid water for baptizing these people who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days.

These Gentiles received what we call the Baptism of Desire. Even though these Gentiles received the baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire, they still were required to be baptized according to Jesus' commandment in Matthew 28:18-20.

There is also the Baptism of Martyrdom.

Mark 10:35-40 And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came forward to him, and said to him, “Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever we ask of you.” 36 And he said to them, “What do you want me to do for you?” 37 And they said to him, “Grant us to sit, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your glory.” 38 But Jesus said to them, “You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or to be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?” 39 And they said to him, “We are able.” And Jesus said to them, “The cup that I drink you will drink; and with the baptism with which I am baptized, you will be baptized; 40 but to sit at my right hand or at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. In this Scripture it means water. This is Baptism of Water according to Jesus' command:

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.” Ephesians 5:26, Mark 16:16

There are different types of baptism in Scripture that are valid for today: Baptism of Water, Baptism of Desire, Baptism of Martyrdom, and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with Fire which confirms our faith in Jesus.

John baptized with water for the repentance of sins. This water baptism was to prepare a person for the water baptism of Jesus which forgives sins.

Matthew 3:11 “I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
Mark 1:4 John the baptizer appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance (to prepare you for the water baptism of Jesus) for the forgiveness of sins.

Acts 2:37-39 Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”
37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?” 38 And Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, every one whom the Lord our God calls to him.”
1 Peter 3:19-21 in which he went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, during the building of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were saved through water. 21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, Now when the apostles at Jerusalem heard that Samar′ia had received the word of God, they sent to them Peter and John, 15 who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit; 16 for it had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit. Acts 22:12-16
Our sins and Adam's sin are forgiven by this water baptism of Jesus and we receive the Holy Spirit's presence within our souls. It is His presence which sanctifies us and makes us righteous.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire confirms us in our faith and gives us more graces of the Holy Spirit:

Acts 8:14-17 Now when the apostles at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent to them Peter and John, 15 who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit; 16 for it had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit.
People can first receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire before being baptized with the water baptism of Jesus if God wills it:

Acts 10:45-48 And the believers from among the circumcised who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues and extolling God. Then Peter declared, 47 “Can any one forbid water for baptizing these people who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days.

These Gentiles received what we call the Baptism of Desire. Even though these Gentiles received the baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire, they still were required to be baptized according to Jesus' commandment in Matthew 28:18-20.

Mark 10:35-40 And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came forward to him, and said to him, “Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever we ask of you.” 36 And he said to them, “What do you want me to do for you?” 37 And they said to him, “Grant us to sit, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your glory.” 38 But Jesus said to them, “You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or to be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?” 39 And they said to him, “We are able.” And Jesus said to them, “The cup that I drink you will drink; and with the baptism with which I am baptized, you will be baptized; 40 but to sit at my right hand or at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared.”
And I will begin first with your quote of Matt 3:11 ?

What are your thoughts on the following ?

Baptize // Baptizo is a verb in the Greek Present Tense , Active Voice and it means that Christ is doing the work along with man

and in the Indicative Mood means you better believe it , and is in the Singular and that means it can only happen ONE TIME .

And why doe the Holy Spirit say Repentance // METANOIA , and what do we have to Repent , for WHAT ?

Also the Greek word Repentance //METANDIA is a noun in the ACCUSTIVE CASE and is in the Singular and can only happen , only one time .

Also remember that Matthew was written to Israel , in Matt 10:6 .

What say you ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And I will begin first with your quote of Matt 3:11 ?

What are your thoughts on the following ?

Baptize // Baptizo is a verb in the Greek Present Tense , Active Voice and it means that Christ is doing the work along with man

and in the Indicative Mood means you better believe it , and is in the Singular and that means it can only happen ONE TIME .

And why doe the Holy Spirit say Repentance // METANOIA , and what do we have to Repent , for WHAT ?

Also the Greek word Repentance //METANDIA is a noun in the ACCUSTIVE CASE and is in the Singular and can only happen , only one time .

Also remember that Matthew was written to Israel , in Matt 10:6 .

What say you ?

dan p

Matthew 3:11 is talking about John the Baptist. His baptism did not forgive sins. His baptism was for people who confessed and repented of their sins and they chose to be baptized as a public acknowledgment of their confession and repentance.

Acts 19:4 Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.”

This baptism of repentance of John the Baptist prepared them to be baptized with the Baptism of Jesus which does forgive their sins. The Baptism of Jesus is a one-time event and it forgives Adam's sin and also the person's own sins on his soul at the time of his baptism.

A person must confess his sins and repent of them in order to be forgiven his sins. Repentance means he has made a firm resolution to not do these sins again.

When a person sins after he receives the baptism of Jesus, he must confess his sins and repent of them in order to be forgiven them.
1 John 1:9 However, if we confess our sins, he who is faithful and just will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all wrongdoing.

Acts 26:20 Rather, I started to preach, first to the people in Damascus, and then in Jerusalem and throughout the countryside of Judea, and also to the Gentiles, calling on them to repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 3:11 is talking about John the Baptist. His baptism did not forgive sins. His baptism was for people who confessed and repented of their sins and they chose to be baptized as a public acknowledgment of their confession and repentance.

Acts 19:4 Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.”

This baptism of repentance of John the Baptist prepared them to be baptized with the Baptism of Jesus which does forgive their sins. The Baptism of Jesus is a one-time event and it forgives Adam's sin and also the person's own sins on his soul at the time of his baptism.

A person must confess his sins and repent of them in order to be forgiven his sins. Repentance means he has made a firm resolution to not do these sins again.

When a person sins after he receives the baptism of Jesus, he must confess his sins and repent of them in order to be forgiven them.
1 John 1:9 However, if we confess our sins, he who is faithful and just will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all wrongdoing.

Acts 26:20 Rather, I started to preach, first to the people in Damascus, and then in Jerusalem and throughout the countryside of Judea, and also to the Gentiles, calling on them to repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.
And you can provide a verse where it says that when a person is saved that from 1 John 5:18 , We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth NOT is that true ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And you can provide a verse where it says that when a person is saved that from 1 John 5:18 , We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth NOT is that true ?

dan p
1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.
1 John 5:18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. NIV

James 4:7 So submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

This means that a person of God chooses to not sin anymore. He does all he can to keep himself from sinning.

For example: A person who loves his or her spouse chooses to not sin the sin of adultery.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.
1 John 5:18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. NIV

James 4:7 So submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

This means that a person of God chooses to not sin anymore. He does all he can to keep himself from sinning.

For example: A person who loves his or her spouse chooses to not sin the sin of adultery.
In 1 John 5:18 says SINNETH // HAMARTHNO is in the Greek Present Tense , Active Voice , in the Indicative Mood

The next word is NOT // is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT means not ever sin .

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In 1 John 5:18 says SINNETH // HAMARTHNO is in the Greek Present Tense , Active Voice , in the Indicative Mood

The next word is NOT // is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT means not ever sin .

dan p
To sin or to not sin is a personal choice. God does not prevent a person from sinning nor does He force a person to do good or evil. God gives all humans free will to make their own choices. There will be consequences though for our choices. John 5:28-30

As in the case of Saul/Paul, God got Saul's attention by striking him down and blinding him. God did not force Paul to convert to Christianity.

Saved people can choose to sin ay any time they want to. God does not prevent them from sinning.

Christians will be forgiven their sins if they confess them (and repent of them).

Revelation 2:5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.

1 John 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To sin or to not sin is a personal choice. God does not prevent a person from sinning nor does He force a person to do good or evil. God gives all humans free will to make their own choices. There will be consequences though for our choices. John 5:28-30

As in the case of Saul/Paul, God got Saul's attention by striking him down and blinding him. God did not force Paul to convert to Christianity.

Saved people can choose to sin ay any time they want to. God does not prevent them from sinning.

Christians will be forgiven their sins if they confess them (and repent of them).

Revelation 2:5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.

1 John 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
When reading 1 Cor 5:1 Paul had heard that an believer was committing fornication .

Verse 5 says what happened to him , to deliver him to Satan for the DEATH of the flesh in order that the spirit may be SAVED in the Day of the Lord Jesus .

#1 Most do not know what nis means that spirit may be saved ?

#2 What does the Day of the Lord Jesus mean ??

Your thoughts ?

dan p

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When reading 1 Cor 5:1 Paul had heard that an believer was committing fornication .

Verse 5 says what happened to him , to deliver him to Satan for the DEATH of the flesh in order that the spirit may be SAVED in the Day of the Lord Jesus .

Your thoughts ?

dan p

the seventh being the sum of the six ...

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your thoughts as to why Jesus was WATER BAPTIZED ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

To "deliver him to Satan for the death of his flesh" means he was excommunicated/shunned by the Christians.

This fornicator was shunned by the brethren and not admitted to their fellowship. This excommunication/shunning was decreed so that the sinner would think about what he had done and then hopefully he would confess and repent of his sin. If he did repent and confess his sin (put to death the desire of his flesh to fornicate), he would then be restored to the grace of God and subsequently he would be welcomed into their Christian fellowship again. In this way his spirit/soul would be saved.

Your thoughts ?
In this Scripture it means the day of Jesus' second appearing at the end of time.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-3

The day a person dies is his own private "day of the Lord". After he is judged by Jesus, he will go to his own place to await the second appearing of Jesus. Judas went to his own place after he died. Acts 1:25

Hebrews 9:27

It can mean the sieging of Jerusalem or Israel when God punishes the Israelites/Jews for their transgressions by means of enemy armies.

Zechariah 14:1-2

However, the "Lord's Day" is Sunday the first day of the week. It is the day of the week that Jesus rose from the dead. Acts 20:7

Revelation 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,

Upvote 0