once saved always saved?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jason0047 said:
It's called everlasting punishment ---- Not everlasting punishing. Meaning, the consequence or punishment have an everlasting effect because one is destroyed or erased from existence for all time.
I guess you feel John 13:34-35 does not apply to you?

Update: --- See Note below.

First, not sure what that has to do with the topic of discussing Eternal Concsious Torment.

Second, I am getting the impression that you think it may be wrong for believers to judge wrong beliefs among other Christians. Is that correct? Well, if that is the case, it is written..."Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?"
(1 Corinthians 6:5).

Note: --- I was able to catch now what you are upset about. Please see Post #1163.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
First, not sure what that has to do with the topic of discussing Eternal Concsious Torment.

Second, I am getting the impression that you think it may be wrong for believers to judge wrong beliefs among other Christians. Is that correct? Well, if that is the case, it is written..."Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?"

Three, if you are talking about me judging the two most popular versions of Eternal Security that I believe justifies sin on some level: How is that unloving to point out a wrong doctrine that leads people to justify sin or evil? Are not believers supposed to be good and uphold a standard of righteousness? If you do not believe in those two versions of Eternal Security (that justifies sin), then you have nothing to worry about. For it would mean I am not talking about you then.

Gotta love people who randomly judge people they don't know's faith in the Internet and feel justified.

Really, unless someone's sin is known specifically and clearly we are not to judge bit if we do to go to them in private. One on one and correct them in love.

We are to look for the fruit of the Spirit in each other. Know each other from fruit, not in judgement of sin.

Love the 'just ignore my judging if it doesn't pertain to you'. Seems to me it's an excuse or at least should be a note on the bottom of every post. .

When Paul wrote his epistles he had trusted individuals in those churches and it did not come to Paul unless it became a real problem. Wonder what Paul would think of random, written condemnation? I think he would chastise those who do it because they are clueless as to the people they are judging. They never met them!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I gave you an opportunity to admit you were offensive, and restore some fellowship. You need to show respect and kindness. Don't you see that others are witnessing how you respond when you are made aware of your error? You are not beings a very good testimony as an evangelist.

First, I have a right to speak against that which is morally wrong. For God is always on the side of that which good. Second, please explain to me how the view of Eternal Concious Torment is loving and good and fair in relation to the finite crimes that were committed by a person here upon this Earth. You do that and I will be happy to apologize. In other words, it is not wrong for me to point out murder, or hate, or other kinds of sins or evil (or even wrong beliefs --- even if they are held by respective church groups that you might think are loving and good). For you want to defend the monstrous act of people being burned alive (I repeat burned alive) for all eternity that goes way beyond what the crimes call for? Is not God a good and fair Judge? If so, please explain it to me.

Anyways, obviously ECT is not a salvation issue, but I imagine a lot of folks are going to cry a lot before God at the Bema Seat Judgment for believing such a wrong thing about Him.

Peace be unto you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
First, I have a right to speak against that which is morally wrong. For God is always on the side of that which good. Second, please explain to me how the view of Eternal Concious Torment is loving and good and fair in relation to the finite crimes that were committed by a person here upon this Earth. You do that and I will be happy to apologize. In other words, it is not wrong for me to point out murder, or hate, or other kinds of sins or evil (or even wrong beliefs --- even if they are held by respective church groups that you might think are loving and good). Obviously ECT is not a salvation issue, but I imagine a lot of folks are going to cry a lot before God at the Bema Seat Judgment for believing such a wrong thing about Him.

Judging others is a sin. It brings arguments and strife. God tells us that we are to edifying each other. You don't know anyone here's sin. Let's get real. You are judging people according to your thoughts and understanding which God says is His.

You would not want to stop anyway. I think you love to do it. The best ego boost is to feel that you are better than someone else or most people. It is a massive ego feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Judging others is a sin. It brings arguments and strife. God tells us that we are to edifying each other. You don't know anyone here's sin. Let's get real. You are judging people according to your thoughts and understanding which God says is His.

You would not want to stop anyway. I think you love to do it. The best ego boost is to feel that you are better than someone else or most people. It is a massive ego feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-questions/does-the-bible-tell-christians-to-judge-not/

While I may not agree with all of AOG's teachings, this is a really good article by them.

Anyways, may God bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Update: --- See Note below.

Note: --- I was able to catch now what you are upset about. Please see Post #1163.

You made rude and unjustifiable remarks. I guess you really don't get it. I have better things to do than teach you mannors. I am done!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You made rude and unjustifiable remarks. I guess you really don't get it. I have better things to do than teach you mannors. I am done!

So you have never made remarks against something or some group of people who you believe to be sinful or wrong before? Like people who act sexually immoral and yet call themselves Christians? Or Satanic churches? Granted, I am not proposing we act like the Westboro Baptist church; For they are blatantly hateful with their words in such a way that is overly cruel by saying people are going to hell in big bold letters upon signs that they wear. I do not believe I have done that in regards to attacking the majority of the Protestant church world on their belief about hell (of which I believe is really wrong). Nowhere did I say they were going to hell, or that they are dumb, etc. I am merely saying that they have a wrong view of God because of their tradition (and are not willing to compare their belief with the real world). Besides, you are still not explaining to me how it is fair and just and good For God to torture a person for a finite amount of crimes committed against Him here upon this Earth for all time within really hot flames (that is no doubt super painful beyond imagining). How exactly is that loving, just, and good (and a reflection of a God who is love)? Please explain it to me very slowly. Thank you.

Oh, and I used to believe in ECT at one time, and I even tried to defend at one point in time. But later as I grew in the knowledge of God and His, I came to realize I could not really defend ECT. In time, I realized it was really wrong to believe in such a thing and was not Scriptural in any way.

But stop and think for a moment. What if you are wrong about ECT? Can you not see it as wrong in thinking God would torture people waaaay beyond what the crime calls for? Can you imagine how God would feel if He indeed does not do such a thing and yet people are believing that about Him?

Last edited:
Upvote 0