New York
✟42,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Believe on Jesus Christ(who is God and Lord). Believe(accept it is true) that Jesus Christ alone will save you(save means eternal life in Heaven). Have faith and trust(rely on/depend) in Jesus alone to save you. You can also be saved if you believe and trust that Jesus(Lord and God) died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day according to the scriptures for the justification(to make right/forgive)of all your sins and your salvation(you being saved).

Notes
-Hebrews 11:1 says (now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see).
-You repent when you believe on Jesus Christ.
-OSAS, you are given something eternal.
-Not of works as your efforts are not enough.

Bible verses supporting my statement:

-Regarding believe on Jesus, John 3:16 says (For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life).

-You should have faith in Lord Jesus to save you because you are saved through faith.
Ephesians 2:8-9 says (8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast).

-You should trust Lord Jesus to save you because trust is used interchangeably with believe in the bible.
In Ephesians 1:12-13 (12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise).

-You should believe Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day because the gospel that saves says to believe this. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures).

Last edited:

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

The belief that gives a person God's free gift of Eternal Life (salvation) is to believe that Jesus is the resurrection and the life, the promised Messiah / the only begotten Son of God.

Believe this and Eternal Life is yours and you become a born again child of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My sheep hear my voice, I know them, and they follow me,
and I give unto them (them that hear and follow) eternal life, and no man can pluck them out of my hand.

John 10:27-28

I say unto you that hear, love your enemies, do good to them that hate you....
Why call ye me Lord Lord and do not the things that I say?

Luke 6:27-49 [Jesus' very words, His voice]

If a man loves me, he will keep my words...
He that does not love me, does not keep my words

John 14:22-24

Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
1 Corinthians 1:13

If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let that person be Anathema! Oh Lord Come!
1 Corinthians 16:22

Unless a man is born of water and of the Spirit, he can not enter the kingdom of God.
John 3:5

as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the ones born of God.
Romans 8:14

We receive the Holy Spirit for free by grace.

Repent, and be baptized, every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,
and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:38

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves,
the Holy Spirit is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast.
Because we are Gods creation created in Christ Jesus for good works

Ephesians 2:8-10

[in the king james notice "it is" is in italics, denoting an added in phrase]
[due to Acts 2:38 we can safely put 'Holy Spirit' for 'it' and the passage makes more and perfect sense]
[also notice Hebrews 10:29 "the Spirit of grace"]
[notice also that Ephesians chapter 4 through 6 is a general list of rules,
Paul is not saying that there are no rules to follow,
he is explaining that we are equipped with the Spirit by grace, for good works]

And they that belong to Christ have crucified the flesh, with its passions and lusts.
Galatians 5:24

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked:
for whatsoever a man sows that shall he also reap.
he that sows to the flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption
but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap, life everlasting.

And let us not be weary in well doing:
for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Galatians 6:7-9

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The gospel in its simplest form.
Please note Paul said "this is the gospel... by which you were saved..."

2024-02-28_214443.jpg

Do not add anything to 1 Corin 15:1-4
I would not want to see you accursed.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Believe on Jesus Christ(who is God and Lord). Believe(accept it is true) that Jesus Christ alone will save you(save means eternal life in Heaven). Have faith and trust(rely on/depend) in Jesus alone to save you. You can also be saved if you believe and trust that Jesus(Lord and God) died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day according to the scriptures for the justification(to make right/forgive)of all your sins and your salvation(you being saved).

Notes
-Hebrews 11:1 says (now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see).
-You repent when you believe on Jesus Christ.
-OSAS, you are given something eternal.
-Not of works as your efforts are not enough.

Bible verses supporting my statement:

-Regarding believe on Jesus, John 3:16 says (For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life).

-You should have faith in Lord Jesus to save you because you are saved through faith.
Ephesians 2:8-9 says (8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast).

-You should trust Lord Jesus to save you because trust is used interchangeably with believe in the bible.
In Ephesians 1:12-13 (12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise).

-You should believe Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day because the gospel that saves says to believe this. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures).
Do you know what gospel Jesus came to preach?

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Can you tell me what gospel Jesus came to preach? What does that mean in regards to my original post?
you quoted what Paul preaches ;
-You should believe Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day because the gospel that saves says to believe this. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

what about what Jesus was sent to preach?

Upvote 0

Basketball

Apr 7, 2020
New York
✟42,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you quoted what Paul preaches ;
-You should believe Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day because the gospel that saves says to believe this. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain).

what about what Jesus was sent to preach?

John 3:16 is a part of the gospel by Jesus. (John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life).

Also Jesus talked about the coming kingdom of God. The good news is the upcoming future because of Jesus sacrifice. Matthew 9:35 (And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people).

Do you agree with my statement in the original post on how to be saved?

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-​

The belief that gives a person God's free gift of Eternal Life (salvation) is to believe that Jesus is the resurrection and the life, the promised Messiah / the only begotten Son of God.

Believe this and Eternal Life is yours and you become a born again child of God.
This scripture defines what we are to believe for our salvation:

1 Corinthians 15:2-4 KJV
[2] By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
[3] For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
[4] And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

We can believe that Jesus is the resurrection and the life, the promised Messiah / the only begotten Son of God, but to believe this does not offer salvation because what’s missing is the atonement; that is Jesus’s death, buriel, and resurrection.

You also said, “Believe this and Eternal Life is yours and you become a born again child of God.” We can’t tell anyone to believe as we say and eternal life is yours. Only God offers eternal salvation in Jesus, so we direct others to the Bible and what it says about salvation using the appropriate scriptures.

So far, the scriptures you used does not point to salvation. The promised Messiah has come already. The angel told Marry to call His name Jesus, Matthew 1:21 KJV. So we are to recognize Him as Jesus who died on the cross and rose.

Yes He is the resurrection and life, and the only begotten Son of God, however He died on the cross and shed His blood (we are to believe He was crucified on the cross) for us as a sacrifice for our sin/sins, and He rose (we are to believe He rose) far above all principalities and powers and sits in heaven on the right hand of the Father as our High Priest, and because we believe on “Him,” the Person Jesus, we have been given the earnest of the Spirit, 2 Corinthians 1:22 KJV, as a down payment to the Kingdom, Ephesians 1:14 KJV, the Place He went to prepare (He said to His disciples, I go to prepare a place for you, John 14:2 KJV), which is New Jerusalem that comes down as a bride out of Heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This scripture defines what we are to believe for our salvation:

1 Corinthians 15:2-4 KJV
[2] By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
[3] For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
[4] And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

We can believe that Jesus is the resurrection and the life, the promised Messiah / the only begotten Son of God, but to believe this does not offer salvation because what’s missing is the atonement; that is Jesus’s death, buriel, and resurrection.

You also said, “Believe this and Eternal Life is yours and you become a born again child of God.” We can’t tell anyone to believe as we say and eternal life is yours. Only God offers eternal salvation in Jesus, so we direct others to the Bible and what it says about salvation using the appropriate scriptures.

So far, the scriptures you used does not point to salvation. The promised Messiah has come already. The angel told Marry to call His name Jesus, Matthew 1:21 KJV. So we are to recognize Him as Jesus who died on the cross and rose.

Yes He is the resurrection and life, and the only begotten Son of God, however He died on the cross and shed His blood (we are to believe He was crucified on the cross) for us as a sacrifice for our sin/sins, and He rose (we are to believe He rose) far above all principalities and powers and sits in heaven on the right hand of the Father as our High Priest, and because we believe on “Him,” the Person Jesus, we have been given the earnest of the Spirit, 2 Corinthians 1:22 KJV, as a down payment to the Kingdom, Ephesians 1:14 KJV, the Place He went to prepare (He said to His disciples, I go to prepare a place for you, John 14:2 KJV), which is New Jerusalem that comes down as a bride out of Heaven.
-
1st Corinthians 15 is addressing believers who are saying, there is no resurrection of the dead. These verses are not about what an unbeliever must believe to become, a born again child of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
1st Corinthians 15 is addressing believers who are saying, there is no resurrection of the dead. These verses are not about what an unbeliever must believe to become, a born again child of God.
If Paul is speaking to people who don’t believe in the resurrection, but are believers, then why did he tell them By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain,” 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV

This verse indicates that before they became believers, Paul must have preached salvation to them, 1 Corinthians 15:2-4 KJV when they were unbelievers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Paul is speaking to people who don’t believe in the resurrection, but are believers, then why did he tell them By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain,” 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV

This verse indicates that before they became believers, Paul must have preached salvation to them, 1 Corinthians 15:2-4 KJV when they were unbelievers.
And Galatians states that this is the gospel Paul preached had what they received, and anyone who adds to it will be cursed.

2024-02-28_214443.jpg

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

The saving is a physical salvation from harm by people who are enemies to the grace of Jesus.

Paul writes about this to Timothy.
But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra—what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me.

Paul continues to write and again use the word salvation to a believer (Timothy)
Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Salvation when written to believes is addressing a deliverance from harm. It is not telling what to do to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life. That is simply by belief in Jesus.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The saving is a physical salvation from harm by people who are enemies to the grace of Jesus.

Paul writes about this to Timothy.
But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra—what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me.

Paul continues to write and again use the word salvation to a believer (Timothy)
Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Salvation when written to believes is addressing a deliverance from harm. It is not telling what to do to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life. That is simply by belief in Jesus.
Believers didn’t start out as believers. They were first unbelievers. All are unbelievers until a person come to believe on Jesus, based on 1 Corinthians 15:2-4 KJV.

Once we are truly believers in Christ, we suffer persecution for Christ, Philippians 1:29-30 KJV. It’s simply the mark of a Christian; the wicked always persecute the righteous, which are the children of the promise, Galatians 4:29 KJV.
Christians are chastised and scourged by God as well, which chastisement can be very difficult to take, but again, it’s the mark of a child of God, Hebrews 12:7-8 KJV. This is what Timothy was going through, and Paul was encouraging him to remember what he has been given in Jesus (the Power of Christ) to overcome.
Because salvation is preached to all men to be saved from damnation! Salvation was preached to believers before they were saved, thus they were converted. And that same salvation is preached to unbelievers, hoping for their salvation.

So, what is your point about salvation preached to believers is to be saved from harm? That doesn’t change the meaning of 1 Corinthians 15:2-4 KJV.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Believers didn’t start out as believers. They were first unbelievers. All are unbelievers until a person come to believe on Jesus, based on 1 Corinthians 15:2-4 KJV.

Once we are truly believers in Christ, we suffer persecution for Christ, Philippians 1:29-30 KJV. It’s simply the mark of a Christian; the wicked always persecute the righteous, which are the children of the promise, Galatians 4:29 KJV.
Christians are chastised and scourged by God as well, which chastisement can be very difficult to take, but again, it’s the mark of a child of God, Hebrews 12:7-8 KJV. This is what Timothy was going through, and Paul was encouraging him to remember what he has been given in Jesus (the Power of Christ) to overcome.
Because salvation is preached to all men to be saved from damnation! Salvation was preached to believers before they were saved, thus they were converted. And that same salvation is preached to unbelievers, hoping for their salvation.

So, what is your point about salvation preached to unbelievers is to be saved from harm? That doesn’t change the meaning of 1 Corinthians 15:2-4 KJV.
-
Look since you can not understand what i am saying, i will just move on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Honestly I’m trying to understand what you are saying. You said 1 Corinthians 15:2-4 KJV is not about what an unbeliever must believe to become, a born again child of God.” But it clearly says that! How can I refute what’s written?

The scripture says, “ye are saved , if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.” To have believe in vain what was preached from the beginning means Paul preached salvation to them in the beginning, but they did not believe in the salvation preached to them because they didn’t believe in the resurrection, 1 Peter 1:3 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:12-18 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 4:14 KJV.

These people still remained unbelievers, and Paul was reminding them what he preached to them. To believe in vain means you don’t really believe, because their way of believing (false belief) offered them no salvation.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Sorry, I meant believers:
So, what is your point about “salvation preached to believers is to be saved from harm?”

Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Regarding believe on Jesus, John 3:16 says (For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life).
But what does He mean by "whosoever believes in Him" ?
Does not the context explain more?

Jesus is talking to Nicodemus, that is the context, and what does He say to Nicodemus?

"We speak what we know, and testify what we have seen; and you receive not our witness."
"If I have told you earthly things, and you believe not, how shall you believe if I tell you of heavenly things?"

And then John concludes the chapter by saying:

"..he that does not believe the Son shall not see life.."
John 3:36

Clearly the context is believing the message that Jesus is giving, believing whatever He says,
He is the Messenger of the covenant, the Messiah.

We must believe in Jesus, His person and message, He is the key to salvation.
One can be saved by Jesus even if they only ever read Mathew Mark Luke and John!
Or do you contend that one must know and read Paul's words to be saved!?!

[ 1 Corinthians 1:13 1 Corinthians 16:22 John 14:21-24 ]

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, I meant believers:
So, what is your point about “salvation preached to believers is to be saved from harm?”

Paul is teaching to believers if they want God's protection and deliverance from persecution and harm from enemies of The Messiah. They need to not hold false beliefs. The false belief Paul is addressing in 1st Corinthians is that the dead in Christ are not raised to life.

Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?

Upvote 0