Official "Married Couples Off-Topic Thread" (2)

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Bahahahahahaha

Anyone else a morning lark with a night owl spouse?

a7ac5375365aa522386859bbab3d4ee8.jpg

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Bahahahahahaha

Anyone else a morning lark with a night owl spouse?

a7ac5375365aa522386859bbab3d4ee8.jpg

If anything, I may be the night owl.

I like to stay up late much of the time. But sometimes I get up early too.

My husband almost always gets up early.

But hey, he came to town for a surprise visit this last weekend and we had 3 days together!

And he got up very early Sunday morning to go fishing while I was at Church. (He doesn't care for my Church.) At least he did at at a time when I was going to be busy doing something else ...

I don't have any other complaints except that I miss him already, and that I got a fever blister last week so we couldn't even kiss all weekend. :p But seeing him for a couple of days was priceless. :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm the night owl, he's the morning lark. When we were first married, he was very upset with me that I wanted to sleep in on Saturdays. 17 years later, he's accepted it as a time he can get things done without interruption.

And it only took him 17 years? ;)

^_^ Sorry, just had to tease. :)

My husband is fairly tolerant of the times I sleep in (which actually isn't often). He has to be, since sometimes his snoring keeps me up at night. ^_^

I tend to be less happy when he chooses to sleep in, though I don't take it out on him or wake him up or anything. I just mildly prefer he be awake with me by the late morning, if it's a day we can spend together. :)

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm the night owl, he's the morning lark. When we were first married, he was very upset with me that I wanted to sleep in on Saturdays. 17 years later, he's accepted it as a time he can get things done without interruption.

Yes, same here. He gets up later than I do, and for me, it's the quietest and most productive time of day for me. We are learning to work it out, though. I treasure the nights when he comes to bed with me because I love falling asleep face to face after some intimate moments together. And he loves waking up to me there, so I make efforts to go into the bed mid-late morning and lay with him for a few minutes after being up and doing my thing for a while.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Can someone please tell me why sometimes it takes my cell phone two hours to charge and other times it takes twelve - both starting from about 15%? Also, one day it will charge in my car without the car running, and another day it won't charge even if the car is running?

And how do you use Windows 8.1? There is no little "x" to close windows. Honestly, I can't find ANYthing on this silly little tablet. Grr.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Odetta

Thankful for grace
Jan 24, 2014
Georgia
✟32,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This happened on my last phone when the battery was going bad. Or it could be the pin connection is loose or otherwise not actually connecting consistently.

Also, in the case of Apple products anyway, Apple has two different charging cubes to be used with phones and tablets, and while they are interchangeable, one works faster than the other. For non-Apple products, if you have multiple cords, some may work better than others.

Can't help you on the windows thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Odetta

Thankful for grace
Jan 24, 2014
Georgia
✟32,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
DH and I served for a number of years as leaders in our Cub Scout pack. Saturday was our last hurrah at the annual banquet, as our youngest son is crossing over to Boy Scouts on Thursday. We were blessed with a gift card to a restaurant as a thank you. I thought it was for $50, enough for two people at this restaurant. I looked at it today, and it's actually for $150! That's enough for 3 date nights. Or...a family dinner with the kids and the ILs (with whom we spend a great deal of time on a regular basis). So which would you do - save it for 3 date nights, or include the whole family?

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I think I would do the three dates nights too. Spending that time together is an investment in your relationship. :)

(not that I'm saying you particularly need to invest in your relationship, just that it's a nice thing to do.)

Upvote 0