Official "Married Couples Off-Topic Thread" (2)

bluegreysky

Can't adult today.
Sep 11, 2006
Saint Augustine, FL
✟22,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I joined this forum 8 years ago today.

To try to make a new connection with an ex boyfriend.
Because he'd been on here talking about me and our breakup and how he felt and
how he was moving on with life and blah blah blah
and I thought that I could get some help winning him back...

...that never happened. He went on to date another girl, and then they broke up and then he moved far away.

But I stayed on here and made friends and got advice through tough parts of my life and up's and down's and finally had people to seek help from when I met and fell in love with a boy who has PTSD.

Now I'm here, in this specific married people's forum because after 5 years of growing and learning and making mistakes and healing I got to marry the boy
and I'm happy this is how it turned out.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:thumbsup:

I tell my students I don't have cable (I do have a tv, netflix, hulu ;)) and they nearly fall over in shock. I feel old for it, but all I use my phone for is calling people and texting people.

I miss my "dumb" phone, my employment "insisted" I have a new "smart phone"-other than the camera it is not nearly as user friendly no effective as my old "flip phone"..but th job pays for it and I continue to loose people on it, because it has so many buttons on the sides..(I'm forever cutting people off). ;)

Upvote 0

bluegreysky

Can't adult today.
Sep 11, 2006
Saint Augustine, FL
✟22,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey y'all I could use a prayer if ya wanna shoot one my way today...
I have been better from allergies/health for awhile now, alot more days when I feel fine then days when I feel run down but it figures last night
I was starting to feel run down and even though I went to bed early I got up today still feeling really bad... symptoms like I get when either I have run into something my body doesnt like (like too much gluten) or like it has kicked into a pretty harsh natural detox cycle from previous days of eating something it doesn't like. I am sitting here at work and feel run down and achy and like I want to fall asleep and that's bad because I have a nice long workday ahead.
Prayer for me because sometimes when my body gets "out of it" it becomes suceptible to worse things like bugs colds and flus and Saturday I'm supposed to drive 3 hours down to a wedding and stay the night at my parents' house then come back Sunday, which won't be enjoyable for anyone if I am sick.

Thanks

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

bluegreysky

Can't adult today.
Sep 11, 2006
Saint Augustine, FL
✟22,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today marks the three year anniversary of meeting my wife for the first time!:clap:

June 7 marked the 5 year anniversary of meeting my husband for the first time and that was our wedding day this year.
We had the wedding at our church where we are both members because that was easiest, and the reception in its large multi-purpose gym... but not just because it was convenient, it was also because we'd met at a college lunch in that gym 5 years earlier.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Can't wait until I can see my husband again. I hate living in different states. I hope we can get this situation worked out sooner rather than later. We have a plan but it's probably going to take most of a year, and that's just too long. :(

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, not entirely apart. He's been gone less than 3 months, and I've been to visit him once. But I really need to get a job, and if I do, that's going to make it near-impossible, since it's something like a 12-hour drive to visit (actually longer, since my car has some issue if I get over about 62mph). I hope it works out.

Our plan is for him to finish his current job, then try to get re-assigned a little closer (about 8 hours away) and try to go to school while he's there, so he can finish up and get a job in a slightly different field here.

I pray it works out - or else something better happens. It would be expensive, but if he is only 8 hours away, perhaps we could see each other more often if we meet halfway. Just have hotel expenses that way. But a 4 hour drive is doable every 2-3 weeks maybe.

Either that or I suppose I could try playing the lottery. ;)

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I just spent about 3 hours deciding what to wear for our date to a new pizza place tonight.
Tried several flat shoes with skinny jeans.
Ended up with a pair of converse and bootcut jeans.

Tried different scarves and hats to ensure I am warm enough.
Ended up borrowing one of his jackets that looks good on me.

So after all that effort it probably looks like I didn't even think about what I'm wearing.

I'm not sure if that is a win or a loss...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I just spent about 3 hours deciding what to wear for our date to a new pizza place tonight.
Tried several flat shoes with skinny jeans.
Ended up with a pair of converse and bootcut jeans.

Tried different scarves and hats to ensure I am warm enough.
Ended up borrowing one of his jackets that looks good on me.

So after all that effort it probably looks like I didn't even think about what I'm wearing.

I'm not sure if that is a win or a loss...

Maybe it's like make-up - the best look is the one that doesn't look like you had to work on it? (I've heard?)

I don't know - I'm not much of a hairstyle/make-up/dress-up person. But I hope you enjoy seeing your husband again, and that y'all have a fantastic date tonight! :) I'm sure he will think you look gorgeous no matter what!

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe it's like make-up - the best look is the one that doesn't look like you had to work on it? (I've heard?)

I don't know - I'm not much of a hairstyle/make-up/dress-up person. But I hope you enjoy seeing your husband again, and that y'all have a fantastic date tonight! :) I'm sure he will think you look gorgeous no matter what!

Aww thanks! We were going to try a highly recommended local pizza place but had difficulty getting a parking space so we ended up going to a pizza hut. Not as "fancy" but it was a blessing because the place wasn't packed. The service was great and the food was the best I've ever had at a pizza hut.

Our work schedules are funny because I go into work at 5 or 6 am and get out around 1 or 2 pm. He has a typical 9 to 5. So it leaves me a bit of time to neurotically run around the house figuring out what I want to wear. ^_^

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Aww thanks! We were going to try a highly recommended local pizza place but had difficulty getting a parking space so we ended up going to a pizza hut. Not as "fancy" but it was a blessing because the place wasn't packed. The service was great and the food was the best I've ever had at a pizza hut.

Our work schedules are funny because I go into work at 5 or 6 am and get out around 1 or 2 pm. He has a typical 9 to 5. So it leaves me a bit of time to neurotically run around the house figuring out what I want to wear. ^_^

Glad y'all had a nice time. :) It probably was a blessing not to get into the packed place. :)

Upvote 0