• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Oera Linda cult

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I love wikipedia... after searching for info on wiki, I found this about the manuscript in question....

In 2004 the historian Goffe Jensma published a book about the case (De gemaskerde god. François Haverschmidt en het Oera Linda-boek). In his book he argued that Haverschmidt was the main writer of the book, with the help of Over den Linden and Verwijs. According to Jensma Paaltjens intended the Oera Linda-book as a parody on the Christian Bible.
Link

The historic case for this book is that of a hoax, and obviously one. The fact that it has a cult following I find quite strange, except that there have been stranger cults warped around even more bizare contextual ideas. :scratch:

Upvote 0

nix111

Sep 23, 2005
✟7,642.00
Faith
Christian
ryanpierce said:
Does anyone know anything about it? I'm not really sure which is the best section to post this question in, so I hope people will forgive me if I put it in more than one. My daughter is becoming involved with the Oera Linda, who have a commune. I was wondering if anyone has encountered them before.

R.
Hi Ryan – any occult involvement is serious – you either serve God or satan – there are no grey areas. If you get involved in this kind of thing, you give legal ground to satan – it’s in the Bible!

Monotheism (Oera Linda) and Zoroastrianism (their holy book The Avesta) are closely linked – yes it is a Dutch Book and I agree with intricatic that it seems like a hoax, but nevertheless an entire cult with followers is being deceived and drawn into it.

http://www.oeralindbook.com/

http://www.norroena.org/chapter1.html

I know this petition and warfare stuff sounds negative or aggressive – you need to know the TRUTH so that you can get your daughter back.

We petition against satan (the accuser) and Jesus is our (Defender). We have to ask God to help us, not just think it and hope for the best. As believers, we have been equipped with everything we need to successfully engage in spiritual warfare. Paul describes our spiritual armour in Eph. 6:10-18, and we should never forget the constant presence and power of the Holy Spirit. One of our greatest weapons is knowledge, i.e. of satan’s changed status due to the victory and ascension of Christ and of our position in Christ, seated in the heavenly places. With all these resources at our disposal, there is no reason why we must experience defeat by satan or be victimized by his schemes. He has no power over us beyond what we allow him to have. That is why understanding his current status and our present position in Christ is so important.

The following is from a book by Amanda Buys – all Scripturally based.

Just as there is a Spirit of Christ in the world (Phil 1:19), so is there a spirit of antichrist. (1 Joh 4:1-4) There is a Mystery of Godliness (1 Tim 3:16) and a mystery of iniquity (II Thes 2:7) The Mystery of Godliness is from the time of Christ’s war with satan in Heaven, to His second coming. The symbol used as His Church is a pure woman. The Harlot of Revelation in the seventeenth chapter, represents satan’s huge system of false worship, and his movement in the world. She is the “mother” of all pagan religions of the world. of the earth.”

Worshipping other gods causes a poisonous ROOT (Deut. 29: 18)

Occult involvement gives satan a legal right / claim to an individual. Under the New Testament the death of Jesus has the power to break the curse of the occult, so that the prisoner can live and be set free. The ALLIANCE must be broken and the ROOT must be cut. The curse is removed by the CROSS.

ORIGIN OF THE OCCULT: The ancient religions were rooted in the occult and were known as the Mystery Religions as a result of the secret rituals that were performed during initiation. The word occult means "that which is hidden". (Deut. 29:29). People discovered hidden secrets and so the doors to the occult were opened. These secrets are the mysteries of Babylon (Rev. 17:5). The occult is a search for destiny and knowledge. (Deut. 29:29) and (Eccles. 3:11)

a) There is a need for meaning and direction in life.

b) People are fascinated by the unknown

c) All forms of the occult try to predict the future. – eg. Astrology

The occult is obsessed with power to dominate and control.

a) Man's potential to rule the earth is distorted.

b) People try to dominate, manipulate and control others.

c) People try to exercise power over the gods

d) Instead of subjecting themselves to God people looked for other gods

which they could manipulate to make themselves powerful.

The world of the occult is a reality.

a) Many people believe that “If it is real, then it is right”

b) Many have ignored the reality of a spiritual enemy.

God created mankind for love, companionship, and fellowship. He wanted and still does want to have a love relation with us. But it has to be under His terms, His conditions. After all, He is God. But He gave us the privilege of free will, so that we can freely choose to love Him and acknowledge Him as Father, under His conditions. Having free will, we can choose away from God and choose to do our own thing.

Earthly fathers represent God the Father. Christ represents God: Fathers represent Christ in the family. (1 Cor. 11:3)

MINISTRIES OF CHRIST MUST BE REPRESENTED BY THE FATHERS

1. The father as PRIEST - represents the family before God.

a) Sacrifice of intercession for his family. (Job 1:5)

b) Every father must apply the blood. (Ex. 12:3,22,23)

c) Faith of father for children. (Mark 9:23,24)

d) Fathers have the privilege of claiming salvation for their families - they have the AUTHORITY (Acts 16:3)

2. The father as PROPHET - represents God to his family.

a)Fathers are responsible for spiritual guidance (Eph. 6:4)

b) Discipline with grace. (Col. 3:2 1)

c)Live out Christ in everyday circumstances (Deut. 11:18-21)

d)Pattern for last days - Noah. (Heb. 11 : 7)

3. The father as KING / RULER

a) Must rule over his own house (1 Tim. 3.4,5)

b) Abraham was chosen because he could rule over his own household. (Gen. 18:17-19) Beware - Lot lead his family to Sodom and Gomorrah – could not lead them all out again.

HOW DO I FULFIL GOD'S CALLING AS FATHER?

· Recognize your responsibility and know that the authority rests upon your shoulders.

· Humble yourself before God. (1 Pet. 5:6)

· Trust God for grace.

· Be faithful and persevere in your calling.

· Make it the first priority of your time.

Upvote 0