• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Oera Linda cult

ryanpierce

Sep 20, 2005
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
The second page of their website starts like this:

"The Oera Linda are a community of women who have dedicated themselves to perpetual celibacy in the service of the goddess Frya and her divine father Wr-alda. At all times we wear the white tunic of purity, and spend six hours each day bending our knees in devotion. Frya gave us her Tex, or commandments, exactly 4,198 years ago, and these are explained below. To read the full version of our sacred scriptures, known as the Oera Linda Book, please click on the photograph."

Upvote 0

Nathan55

Apr 25, 2005
✟257.00
Faith
Protestant
If shes concerned with it being male dominated, have her read (or tell her of) this passage:

Galatians, Chapter 3, Verse 28-29

In Christ there is no difference between Jew and Greek, slave and free person, Male and Female. You belong to Christ, so you are Abraham's descendants. You will inherit all of God's blessings because of the promise God made to Abraham"

Weather people like to admit to it or not, we are all equal. Faith is faith.

Upvote 0

ryanpierce

Sep 20, 2005
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
Nathan55 said:
If shes concerned with it being male dominated, have her read (or tell her of) this passage:

Galatians, Chapter 3, Verse 28-29

In Christ there is no difference between Jew and Greek, slave and free person, Male and Female. You belong to Christ, so you are Abraham's descendants. You will inherit all of God's blessings because of the promise God made to Abraham"

Weather people like to admit to it or not, we are all equal. Faith is faith.

I doubt if quoting the Bible at her would have any effect. She would only quote their own holy book back at me.

R.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just an idea, have you done a search on it? i have never heard of it either, but tried to do a search for you, and pretty much not coming up with much about it being a cult....but i have not been at it for too long.....do a google search that i have not tried, and i will be praying for you, and your daughter....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Topaz

Dec 14, 2004
Angels Camp
✟11,662.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I never heard of this cult, and it sounds perfectly awful for you to have to endure this. I will be praying for you. I would, as a previous poster said, be tempted to drag her out of there. There is supposed to be a group (or perhaps more than one) who specializes in de-programming cult victims. If anyone knows how to contact them, perhaps they can help you with this. My prayers are with you, and your daughter.

Upvote 0

ryanpierce

Sep 20, 2005
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
Topaz said:
I never heard of this cult, and it sounds perfectly awful for you to have to endure this. I will be praying for you. I would, as a previous poster said, be tempted to drag her out of there. There is supposed to be a group (or perhaps more than one) who specializes in de-programming cult victims. If anyone knows how to contact them, perhaps they can help you with this. My prayers are with you, and your daughter.

The more I try and tell her not to join, the more she seems determined to. She says it's her right to choose. I have heard of those de-programmers as well, but wouldn't she just go back? She's not a stupid person and has obviously thought about this for a long time. It seems so insane.

R.

Upvote 0

thepianist

Sep 6, 2005
✟5,574.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:cry: Oh boy, how heartbreaking! If there was something I could do for you to help - I would be happy to do it. There is one thing I can do, and that is pray. Believe me, I will do that.

I, too, agree with going and pulling her out by her hair! Although, with the things I've gone through with my 18 year old son - I realize that would only make the child more determined than ever to do what they want.:prayer:

May God give you the much needed wisdom for the answers you seek.

Upvote 0

nix111

Sep 23, 2005
✟7,642.00
Faith
Christian
I've just finished reading the article on oeralindbook. c o m . This is in my opinion definately a cult and the author tries to discredit the Word of God and clearly tries to deceive and confuse many readers.

From the website: The Oera Linda Book is most sublime and wise as to doctrine; of the three (The Avesta, The Frisian Chronicles or The Oera Linda Book, and the Bible), it alone forbids slavery. It propounds divine evenness or universalization,...

It is based on the One World, One Religion - i.e. New Age and many young, truth-seeking teens fall into this trap. Remember that satan is a master deceiver and that he knows how to appeal to the wants and needs of (rebellious?) teens.

I believe that spiritual warfare is necessary and maybe fasting (ask God's guidance on this) and He will help you and guide you, and never forsake you -
Phi 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

For info on spiritual warfare and petitions or prayers, try kanaanministries. o r g / kanaan. h t m & download Prayers of Renunciation - Religions

We as parents are responsible for our children and we have to stand in the gap for them!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ryanpierce

Sep 20, 2005
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
nix111 said:
I've just finished reading the article on oeralindbook. c o m . This is in my opinion definately a cult and the author tries to discredit the Word of God and clearly tries to deceive and confuse many readers.

From the website: The Oera Linda Book is most sublime and wise as to doctrine; of the three (The Avesta, The Frisian Chronicles or The Oera Linda Book, and the Bible), it alone forbids slavery. It propounds divine evenness or universalization,...

It is based on the One World, One Religion - i.e. New Age and many young, truth-seeking teens fall into this trap. Remember that satan is a master deceiver and that he knows how to appeal to the wants and needs of (rebellious?) teens.

The cult that my daughter has got involved in actually seems very exclusive and not New Age at all:

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/oeralinda/tex.htm

For a start off, they believe that only women are capable of acheiving eternal life - and furthermore, only those women who renounce sex and spend six hours each day bending their knees to their deity.

nix111 said:
I believe that spiritual warfare is necessary and maybe fasting (ask God's guidance on this) and He will help you and guide you, and never forsake you -
Phi 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

For info on spiritual warfare and petitions or prayers, try kanaanministries. o r g / kanaan. h t m & download Prayers of Renunciation - Religions

We as parents are responsible for our children and we have to stand in the gap for them!

Thanks for the information, but the truth is that I've never felt comfortable about petitioning God with prayer. Surely He know's what I want anyway?

R.

Upvote 0
W

WashedClean

ryanpierce said:
The cult that my daughter has got involved in actually seems very exclusive and not New Age at all:

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/oeralinda/tex.htm

For a start off, they believe that only women are capable of acheiving eternal life - and furthermore, only those women who renounce sex and spend six hours each day bending their knees to their deity.

Thanks for the information, but the truth is that I've never felt comfortable about petitioning God with prayer. Surely He know's what I want anyway?

R.

Ryan - you are a Christian, right? Yes, God knows our needs, but prayer is how we communicate with Him. It helps us discern His will. We can't have a relationship with God if we don't pray and lean on Him. It strengthens us as well.

This cult your daughter has gotten herself into is very serious business. She's opening the door to Satan and I can tell you if she's living under your roof, you will be exposed to the same demonic forces. Please reach out to a pastor or someone with experience in these things.

I can't understand why someone would pray to a god that doesn't exist, when we have the Living God who loves us so much.

If you're not certain of your relationship with the Lord, I encourage you to check this out and maybe even share it with your daughter: http://www.christianforums.com/gospel

I will be praying for you and your family, Ryan.

Love,

WashedClean/Jill

Upvote 0

Tiger Lily

O Come and Adore Him
Apr 23, 2005
Northern California
✟12,377.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ryanpierce said:
The more I try and tell her not to join, the more she seems determined to. She says it's her right to choose. I have heard of those de-programmers as well, but wouldn't she just go back? She's not a stupid person and has obviously thought about this for a long time. It seems so insane.

R.

That's what they all say, it's their right to choose. They are brainwashed! That is what the de-programmers do, un-brainwash the victims. Your daughter is a victim. She is unable to choose for herself, those cult persons have chosen for her.

Upvote 0