Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
There's no mention of citizens in any of those amendments. They're directives to government, ensuring it does not do certain things. One would assume that applies wherever the US government has jurisdiction, and to anyone, citizen or not.

Surely foreign nationals on trial in the US are subject to constitutionally-mandated due process?

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's no mention of citizens in any of those amendments. They're directives to government, ensuring it does not do certain things. One would assume that applies wherever the US government has jurisdiction, and to anyone, citizen or not.

There are plenty of mentions of citizens in the text I quoted. Read my last sentence.

Surely foreign nationals on trial in the US are subject to constitutionally-mandated due process?

Depending on the type of trial, then yes, maybe, not really, and no. It's a complicated mess, but I'll point to the round-em-up-and-hold-them-without-trial-forever policy of Gitmo.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
when a member says Clinton was impeached
we know some Toddler got moms computer
Clinton was impeached - that's a simple historical fact. Ad homs don't change facts.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Clinton was impeached - that's a simple historical fact. Ad homs don't change facts.

Right. It's difficult for liberals to handle but he was impeached but not removed from office. He lost his license to practice law, also. The House voted to impeach him, I think, for perjury and obstruction of justice. There were two other counts which didn't get enough votes. But, of course, he has emerged unscathed. Only in America.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is that true? I though the constitution was mostly directives aimed at government, setting rules which it could not break, regardless of whether or not there was a citizen involved.

Well, there was a time when Constitutional law was not to be broken. That was before Obama. But now we have the NDAA which states that a person (a citizen) can be detained without any explanation or...rats! I can't remember the exact wording but no rights are observed. We're already under tyranny here, Oafman. I don't know when Americans are going to realize it.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did he? TIL!

I don't know what TIL means, I'm not hip. But would you want someone who lied under oath to be your lawyer, lol? I bet half the people in this country would if the lawyer's name was Bill Clinton. The jury would love him, lol. I'm not absolutely sure he lost his license but I'm pretty sure he did.

I looked it up but didn't see a lot about his license. It looks like he lost it because of the perjury charge.

The Senate acquitted him of all charges, being mostly Democrat. The vote in the House went along Party lines, of course. Even Republicans from blue states voted with the Democrats, lol. Politicians act so serious about issues but in the end all they care about is getting re-elected.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Right. It's difficult for liberals to handle but he was impeached but not removed from office. He lost his license to practice law, also. The House voted to impeach him, I think, for perjury and obstruction of justice. There were two other counts which didn't get enough votes. But, of course, he has emerged unscathed. Only in America.

Psalm... I'm not following anything in your post.

Why would Clinton have been removed from office? Why wouldn't he have emerged unscathed? And why would any of that be difficult for liberals to handle?

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
A US citizen being taken out by the US government is a separate matter. We have constitutional protections against government interference that non-citizens do not enjoy. The assumption is that one of those protections is against being blown to smithereens by the government.

Killing a non-citizen and killing a citizen have the same immediate effect--one person blown to smithereens--so neither is better or worse than the other. But, in the case of killing a US citizen, the government may have violated its own law to do so. And that's a big deal.

It's a big deal when you violate international law too.

Just challenging the parochialism :wave:

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what TIL means, I'm not hip. But would you want someone who lied under oath to be your lawyer, lol? I bet half the people in this country would if the lawyer's name was Bill Clinton. The jury would love him, lol. I'm not absolutely sure he lost his license but I'm pretty sure he did.

I looked it up but didn't see a lot about his license. It looks like he lost it because of the perjury charge.

The Senate acquitted him of all charges, being mostly Democrat. The vote in the House went along Party lines, of course. Even Republicans from blue states voted with the Democrats, lol. Politicians act so serious about issues but in the end all they care about is getting re-elected.
TIL=today I learned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟559,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why do you have to attack liberals?

I mean... Seriously, why would it be difficult for liberals to handle? He was impeached. I can handle that.
He was also the last good president we had. Before Clinton, you'd have to go back to the 50s to find a 'good president'.

Why is that so difficult for conservatives to handle?

Upvote 0

7he4uthor

7he 7rue he4RT of 7he CRE4TOR
Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
1hippie.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.