January 6 fugitive arrested in Obama’s neighborhood with guns and materials to make Molotov cocktails (referencing a Trump post w/Obama's address)

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,065.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You mean the ones being sued for defamation? :scratch:
Details, detail. We should ignore those minor issues if the sources tell me what I really wish were true. Even better if I get irrationally outraged in the process and it overrides my ability to rationally evaluate if what they're saying makes even the slightest bit of sense.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Older news, but I don't think the actual charges were posted before:

The Jan. 6 rioter arrested near Obama's home with guns and ammo is indicted

Taranto, 37, of Pasco, Washington, is facing two felony charges of carrying a pistol without a license and possession of a large-capacity ammunition feeding device. He was also charged with four misdemeanors tied to his involvement in the Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol breach, court documents show.

The [Jan 6] video was posted with a caption stating, "This is me "stormin' the capitol" lol I'm only sharing this so someone will report me to the feds and we can get this party rolling!"

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Taranto, 37, of Pasco, Washington, is facing two felony charges of carrying a pistol without a license and possession of a large-capacity ammunition feeding device. He was also charged with four misdemeanors tied to his involvement in the Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol breach, court documents show.

The [Jan 6] video was posted with a caption stating, "This is me "stormin' the capitol" lol I'm only sharing this so someone will report me to the feds and we can get this party rolling!"
Oh. He is from Pasco. Say no more.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

And he never mentioned Ray Epps while doing so?

There goes that narrative.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Jan. 6 defendant arrested at Obama's home is hit with new felony charges

Online sleuths identified Taylor Taranto in 2021, but he was arrested only after he showed up near the former president's home with weapons in a van, prosecutors say.

A federal grand jury returned a superseding indictment against Taylor Taranto

Three of the new charges relate to guns and ammunition that alleged to have been found in Taranto's van when he was arrested. Taranto also faces a felony charge of obstruction of an official proceeding for his conduct on Jan. 6, 2021. He also faces a charge of false information and hoaxes, accused of falsely threatening that he was going to set off an explosive at the National Institute of Standards and Technology before his eventual arrest.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jan. 6 defendant arrested at Obama's home is hit with new felony charges

Online sleuths identified Taylor Taranto in 2021, but he was arrested only after he showed up near the former president's home with weapons in a van, prosecutors say.

A federal grand jury returned a superseding indictment against Taylor Taranto

Three of the new charges relate to guns and ammunition that alleged to have been found in Taranto's van when he was arrested. Taranto also faces a felony charge of obstruction of an official proceeding for his conduct on Jan. 6, 2021. He also faces a charge of false information and hoaxes, accused of falsely threatening that he was going to set off an explosive at the National Institute of Standards and Technology before his eventual arrest.
The Supreme Court is hearing and will decide the "Obstruction" charges brought by federal prosecutors, a future ruling that may very well overturn many cases

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm reminded of the Bundy Ranch standoff. I try to explain to my friends that there are, broadly speaking, two camps in the conservative movement. A few of the things they have in common are the love of the US constitution, and especially the first few amendments. It's one reason they tend to hate the cancel culture so much, and see the second amendment as the right of the people to defend themselves against a tyrannical government.

But here's the problem: One group is constrained by the love of Jesus. They are very slow to anger (via physical violence) and many would only act out in an extremely dire situation and strictly out of self defense. The other, though, is not so constrained. They are the ones that, if it is strongly enough believed that another election was stolen - or violent Islamic sympathizers are causing too much trouble through "side with Palestine" riots - would be willing to more aggressively act out in violence. And I think that will be a real risk this summer and next November. And if that does happen, nobody wins - at least in the short run.

as I've been asking friends for almost a year now, "What do you think the losing side will do after the November election in the US?" Whichever side loses, they've each hinted at an MO.

This perspective was actually the driving force behind adding the last line of my post signature below.

And I sometimes wonder if the film coming out on tax day, "Civil War", will not add fuel to the fire - though I do not advocate for "cancelling" it.

Upvote 0