Now that I have witnessed "moral progress" up close and in person: Are we supposed to be impressed?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The decline of war, hunger, and poverty? Where have you been?

Looking at the data.

The last 100 years have seen the greatest bloodshed and volume of genocidal murder than the previous centuries since creation combined!

First you said 50 now it's a 100.

Moving right along with the goal posts. The 20th century did open with one of the greatest explosions of violence however from then on the trend has been going down steadily:
RVAE378_VIOLEN_G_20110923205707.jpg

(I cannot recommend The Better Angels of Our Nature enough)

In the US it's also wroth nothing that we have seen a decades long decline in violent crime. Interestingly this decline correlates with the increase in "violent" video games and internet inappropriate content. I don't have a causal link but it knocks the legs out from under the idea that such things produce a society of violent rapists.

Hunger? Not a single person on this earth should be hungry with the technological advances mankind has made, but the "problem-solvers" can barely create a blip of difference decade over decade.

You're right, no one need starve. The "problem solvers" you have such distain for are doing a great deal towards making that happen. The rate of undernourishment has been almost cut in half in the past 25 years. How large a number does it need to be more than a blip?

Poverty? I guess you haven't walked the earth long enough to notice that globalization has not, in fact, raised the standard of living for the third world, but rather, has lowered it for the first world!

My age and how much of the earth I have walked does not change the numbers. Poverty is on the decline globally. A billion people have risen from it in the past 25 years and the rate has been cut by more than half.

Come on, any other people over 40 years of age out there know what I'm saying?

I am less then 40 but I know exactly what you're saying. You're saying the fact starved narrative of things are getting worse. They are not.

Reactions: Oafman
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,269,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Public schools have been home to propaganda for decades, nothing is new.

Personally, I think homeschooling or charter schools are a better idea. Mainstream US public schools are a fundamentally outdated paradigm, meant to churn out factory workers and cubicle thralls.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Looking at the data.

You are under a delusion if you presume any "data" coming forth the last 20 years is real. You only prove you've not been around to watch what has come to pass.

The government has literally legislated that the media can lie to the public! More than that, every single federal agency which is charged with the welfare of the people has been completely overrun the last 20 years with the big-money forces who formerly sought to influence them from the outside.

The fox is in charge of the hen-house, but if it pleases you to continue on in your delusion, have at it.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You are under a delusion if you presume any "data" coming forth the last 20 years is real. You only prove you've not been around to watch what has come to pass.

Every organization that exists and is taking note of the state of the world is in on it? Really?

The fox is in charge of the hen-house, but if it pleases you to continue on in your delusion, have at it.

If I am understanding this correctly, you want me to ignore all the data that contradicts your position and agree with you just because?

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Every organization taking note of the state of the world is in on it? Really?

If I am understanding this correctly, you want me to ignore all the data that contradicts your position and agree with you just because?

In a relative sense, all data is refutable. Studies and statistics have always been so fallible one could prop up numbers on either side of an argument. And while that's been true for the last century, something even more sinister has taken place in the recent past.

In short, you're current data is absolutely fictional and was created with the purpose to delude people who trust the so-called authorities of this current globalist schema.

Go watch the movie 1984 and see if you can find any similarities to the society you now exist in.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In a relative sense, all data is refutable.

I await a refutation more substantial then "is not!".

In short, you're current data is absolutely fictional and was created with the purpose to delude people who trust the so-called authorities of this current globalist schema.

Other then it contradicting your narrative what basis do you have for rejecting the data?

Go watch the movie 1984 and see if you can find any similarities to the society you now exist in.

The book was much better. You're the one imagining a dystopia, what are the parallels you see?

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I await a refutation more substantial then "is not!".

Other then it contradicting your narrative what basis do you have for rejecting the data?

The book was much better. You're the one imagining a dystopia, what are the parallels you see?

Your 15 minutes of hate is via the "news" feeds:

The propaganda that rewrites the "news" to fit the current narrative. That happens real-time through the internet as stories read by tens of thousands at 8am are completely different by 8pm. Never mind the "narratives" that "evolve" as these stories grow legs over the months and are recycled for the brainwashing of the masses.

The endless wars and continual sabre-rattling of various figureheads from the of Iran, Russia, and North Korea (some of which are nuclear threats).

The destruction of meaningful communication which abases language that produces terms such as "double plus ungood." Literature with mass appeal is terribly written, in comparison to classic literature. Additionally, watch this progression that has sped forth with the inception of internet access across the globe: Initially, the normative discourse over the internet was predominantly via wide open forums through desk-top computers where people could express complex ideas and interact in powerful ways. Then, the birth of social media narrowed the scope of discussion with Facebook into shorter bits of expression, blended with visual aids known as memes. The advent of the smart phone has narrowed it even further because it's just plain harder to type out ideas on a tiny, digital keyboard. This brought on the tweet, which relegates any expression to a mere 140 characters. Now, of course, they've corralled people to saying nothing with the wildly popular social media scheme known as Instagram.

While all this has happened, internet forums that were once wildly popular began to flounder and fall silent. This forum is an exception, but the world has entered an age where a one-world religion is about to be pushed and this place offers something the scheme will want to utilize.

And what about inappropriate contentography as a sedative for the poor underclass? It's been a long time since Jesus set me free from a inappropriate contentography addiction, but I presume it's just as wide-open and free as it was almost a decade ago.

Do I really need to go on? If I do, you can consider my participation in this discussion complete.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do I really need to go on? If I do, you can consider my participation in this discussion complete.

You do not need to go on but I am still curious as to why I should reject literally all sources of data other then your say so or maybe others who agree with your that everything is falling apart, and take that as the a measure of the state of the world?

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You do not need to go on but I am still curious as to why I should reject literally all sources of data other then your say so or maybe others who agree with your that everything is falling apart, and take that as the a measure of the state of the world?

I can only give you a rational warning as someone who cares about true justice and has seen the schemes of the satanic globalists unfurl before my very eyes the last 47 years of my life.

The stuff that is happening right now is straight out of Bible prophecy. The whole world is being set up for an endtime false revival completely lying signs and wonders just as Jesus warned about 2,000 years ago.

It's going to be in all the headlines, it will be televised, it will be filled with false miracles and the biggest names in the entertainment industry will be bringing forth "testiphonies" as to how they got saved by going to a revival and embracing a supernatural, physical manifestation of what they will call the Holy Ghost. It will be supernatural, but it won't be the Holy Ghost. It will be demonic.

Mark my words, remember what I've told you, it's coming and it's going to involve the Catholic Church (one of the most wicked religious organizations in history) and all the big names in Protestantism from the last 20 years.

Forget about data, watch what happens in the coming years. Remember what I've told you. It's coming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I can only give you a rational warning as someone who cares about true justice and has seen the schemes of the satanic globalists unfurl before my very eyes the last 47 years of my life.

You can't use "rational warning" and "satanic globalists" in the same sentence if you want me to take you seriously.

The stuff that is happening right now is straight out of Bible prophecy.

Said every generation of Christians from AD 33 onwards.

It's going to be in all the headlines, it will be televised, it will be filled with false miracles and the biggest names in the entertainment industry will be bringing forth "testiphonies" as to how they got saved by going to a revival and embracing a supernatural, physical manifestation of what they will call the Holy Ghost. It will be supernatural, but it won't be the Holy Ghost. It will be demonic.

Mark my words, remember what I've told you, it's coming and it's going to involve the Catholic Church (one of the most wicked religious organizations in history) and all the big names in Protestantism from the last 20 years.

Oy vey.

Forget about data...

Again, why? Why should I reject the findings of every organization that is keeping track of whats going on and just believe you?

It's coming.

After a two millennia history of crying wolf that is anything but persuasive.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can't use "rational warning" and "satanic globalists" in the same sentence if you want me to take you seriously.

Said every generation of Christians from AD 33 onwards.

Oy vey.

Again, why? Why should I reject the findings of every organization that is keeping track of whats going on and just believe you?

After a two millennia history of crying wolf that is anything but persuasive.

The wisdom of man is foolishness to God, but you're free to trust in your own intellect. Just know that there will come a day where your sins will be laid bare before God and you will be accountable. It will be too late to embrace Jesus' work of the cross at that point, though.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,200,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The wisdom of man is foolishness to God, but you're free to trust in your own intellect. Just know that there will come a day where your sins will be laid bare before God and you will be accountable. It will be too late to embrace Jesus' work of the cross at that point, though.

Lack of rebuttal noted.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,512,728.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Which then impedes every believer's ability to have sex and procreate.

How is that "liberty?"

Not at all. What it does is changes marriage from being a legal construct, with parameters set by the government, to being a private agreement, perhaps witnessed and blessed in a religious context. I have seen some people seriously propose this although I myself consider it unworkable in our current international context.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟271,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
DARE was crap. I had to do that too. They had police come into your class and lie to you. Guess what kids do when they find out the "facts" they learned about drugs were false? They go do some drugs.

I had an officer explain to our class that each person is only capable of producing so many endorphins in their life. Marijuana forces the brain to produce them at an accelerated rate, and so by the time you are an adult you are depressed all the time because you are out of endorphins. Hogwash!

yeah alot of these programs are this, funny enough someone tried to get marijuana classified as a lesser drug for this very reason, when kids are lied to about how dangerous and lethal Marijuana is, they might try actually dangerous drugs thinking ,"If they lied about that, they will lie about this too." and he was fired. It was the very guy they hired to DO THAT, fired him becuase he didn't want to lie.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The stuff that is happening right now is straight out of Bible prophecy. The whole world is being set up for an endtime false revival completely lying signs and wonders just as Jesus warned about 2,000 years ago.

Forget about data, watch what happens in the coming years. Remember what I've told you. It's coming.

You have failed to demonstrate that you are being rational.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the first time I have seen problem solving used as a negative.

Here, I was able to find the video I wanted to show you yesterday. Naomi Wolf is a journalist, and in this video she's exposing the fact that the United States government can now create phoney "news" stories to propagandize the American public (something that was only legal for them to do to other countries down the decades). This fact should shift your perspective on whether or not any "official" authority, governing body, or branch of the government can be trusted. The "data" doesn't need to be factual anymore:

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0