Visit site
✟8,417.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A boss of mine was relaying a news story he heard on I believe foxnews. In it an Iraqi general admitted that the WMDs were sent across the borders into Iran and Syria. The part that makes me sweat is that it said that Israel will most likely go into Syria to find them. Can anyone add to this or correct me if I'm wrong. Thanx.

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Think about it. If you were an Iraqi just removed from a very powerful position and were looking at years of incarceration, wouldn't you say anything that you might think would help your case? No, I don't think the administration set this up, but I think the general knows what we want to hear.

Fox news is owned by conservatives. Sometimes they report unbiased material, most times it slanted. So does CNN, and MSNBC.

Upvote 0

Michael0701

Harley Ridin' Believer!!
Nov 13, 2002
Tax Free Delaware!!
Visit site
✟8,417.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
jayswife29 said:
I cant add to this, or correct it, but yes it was reported on fox news yesterday morning that Iraq hid wmd's in Iran and I believe syria. Why would Israel going to syria make you sweat though, just out of curiosity?

Good question. I can't think of any rational reason, but some irrational ones come to mind. First off armageddon (sic) comes to mind. And the "outward" unification of all arab states defending Syria.

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Any move by Isreal will be seen as an agggresive action, and it will unite most Islamic countries. What scares me is that Sharon is as much a loose cannon as our own president. Used to be, we could request they restrain themselves and we would put diplomatic pressure in place. Now, they're thumbing their nose at us, too.

Upvote 0

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If this general knows that the weapons were moved then that means a few things.

1- There should be some names. If it was the millitary that did the moving then the order would have come from a high ranking officer and been relayed to the grunts, many people would know when, where, how, who's of this operation.

2- They would have some details on exactly what these wmd were, how many, etc. I remember reading in that thread by alonesoldier and the only info the Iraqi guy had was that they were "secret weapons". Vague at best.

If we had people with some actual information we'd have found something, anything by now. So far all we have are people saying "They're over there... somewhere... or maybe we buried them..."

Upvote 0

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
humble and michael double plus good.

any move by israel will cause some really serious bad stuff. Everyone in the middle east - strike that - world has been waiting for some elusive entaglement with Israel. Conspiracy theorists and panarabists/panislamists will rejoice, and we will have thoroughly lost any credibility we have with the Iraqi people (this is bad - we're there to set up democracy, not to help Imams consolidate their hold on the people and transmute that power into political muscle - see generally: our coup in Iran that gave the Imams the support of the people, leading to theocracy).

It's bad enough we're starting to use Israeli tactics (fencing towns off? whoever thought of that Einstein move should get the hammer - now. This isn't a military war any more: it's a rhetorical, discursive, political war, and israeli strategies constitute a big loss).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
Lawton Oklahoma, Officer Career Course
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the part about Israel is just your bosses commentary, I have reread the orignial telegraph article which is where the story of the General comes from and it doesn't say anything about it. I do think that people who want to beat up on Fox News though should remember that the Daily Telegraph in london is who ran the story and Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, BBC, Associated Press.. all of them relayed the story. The 'Faux' news thing is getting kind of old fast.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
LOL, messages you find scrawled in the boys junior high bathroom stalls have more credibility than wolrdnet daily.

Saw a very interesting documentary on Discovery tonight. It was about the Israel wall and they interviewed all kinds of Israelis and Palestenians. Was pretty graphic when they showed the remains of a suicde bomber, body parts everywhere, one even got stuck up on what looked like a bridge.

You can't help but get the feeling that neither the Israelis or Palestians are really doing anything to promote peace, they just keep p***ing each other off. Can't help but wonder if our treatment of the Iraqi's will result in the same consequences.

Upvote 0