Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This thread is for predictions on the election.

I think the republicans will take back power.

I think that some of the more loony Tea Party candidates wont get elected.

I think that we will be waiting for longer than a week to find out the final votes. There will probably be ALOT of recounts.

No matter which party loses what race someone will cry "voter fraud".

I predict there will be large amount of "I'm a life long XYZ and I just couldn't vote for ABC." threads.

I hope that Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnel win their respective elections.

Not because I support them but for the same reason I wanted Frankin and Ventura to win. Just because it'll be funny for the next few years.

This isn't a prediction it's a certainty in my mind: No matter which party wins the most tomorrow nothing of substance will change but their supporters will be overjoyed.

Please post your predictions!

And it'd be nice if we could keep this thread low on fighting.

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I predict that Republicans will return to power and do zilch to actually create jobs or help the economy.

I hope that Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnel win their respective elections.

I predict that both of them will get their tails whipped (God willing)
Ringo

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I predict there's no way the Republicans will gain the power the Democrats received in 2008, and the people will not notice, will expect them to fix things that the Democrats broke, and the Republicans will have to bargain away a whole lot just to get something done to keep the economy's head above water.

Giving spendthrifts all that control was a damaging blow we won't soon recover from -- even if both houses flip. The Democrats had a 60-vote supermajority in the Senate as well as handy control of the House. No way the Republicans will have power comparable to that, even with optimistic predictions. They haven't had that in the living memory of adults.

And the Democrats also have the Presidency.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I predict that Republicans will return to power and do zilch to actually create jobs or help the economy.

I predict that both of them will get their tails whipped (God willing)
Ringo

I think Christine O'Donnell will lose, I think Angle unfortunately will win.

Upvote 0

Macx

Aug 7, 2007
Twin Cities, Whittier-hood
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I predict, smoke and mirrors, more of the same, and lots of disappointment for everyone.

This:
Nobama-1.jpg

will happen on smaller scales throughout hundreds of offices. I kinda wish everybody would watch the first Matrix movie, before they vote. Just imperfect enough, that the humans willingly stay engaged. . . . in the lie.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I predict, smoke and mirrors, more of the same, and lots of disappointment for everyone.

This:
Nobama-1.jpg

will happen on smaller scales throughout hundreds of offices.

I actually agree with you on this. I predict - with a fair amount of certainty - that any "tea partiers" who are elected into office will fail to live up to their previous standards of fiscal restraint.

I also have serious doubts about whether Republicans will actually help create jobs or stimulate the economy as they promised.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macx

Aug 7, 2007
Twin Cities, Whittier-hood
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
[/color][/font]I actually agree with you on this. I predict - with a fair amount of certainty - that any "tea partiers" who are elected into office will fail to live up to their previous standards of fiscal restraint.

I also have serious doubts about whether Republicans will actually help create jobs or stimulate the economy as they promised.
Ringo

Of course with (some of) that will continue. . . democrats assaults on civil liberties and utter failure to create jobs or turn the economy around. Democrats will continue to do their best for the United States when they fail to meet their objectives.

Upvote 0

Saving Hawaii

Sep 6, 2008
Chico, CA
✟5,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
US House: Democrats win 48% of seats, Republicans win 52%. Karl Rove, Fox News, and CNN declare this to be a popular mandate against Democratic principles.

US Senate: Democrats win 52% of seats, Republicans win 48%. Karl Rove, Fox News, and CNN again declare this to be a popular mandate against Democratic principles.

Nevada Senate: Harry Reid wins. This is a genuine toss-up. Republicans would win this race hands down if they'd run a strong candidate. Sharron Angle, the Tea Party candidate, is a frightening joke. She's completely capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Kentucky Senate: Rand Paul wins. Another Tea Party candidate that has put in jeopardy a race that Republicans should easily win. Conway is doing better than I could possibly have imagined. Kentucky is too red for a Democrat to win during this cycle though. My money is on Paul.

Washington Senate: Patty Murray wins. Most Washington voters use mail-in ballots and voter participation is much higher than the rest of the country. This dampens the enthusiasm gap and frustrates pollsters trying to gauge the election. Most polls show this as a toss-up, but I expect Murray to come out standing.

California Senate: Barbara Boxer wins. She's been pulling away from Carly Fiorina in the polls for over a month now and I don't see any credible threat that the Republicans can pull an upset here.

California Gubernatorial: Jerry Brown wins. I like the guy. So does most of the electorate. He's honest, independent, liberal, and a committed Christian. I don't think that Meg Whitman's personal fortune can salvage her doomed race.

Those are my guesses anyways. We'll see what happens (and yes, I didn't include Christine O'Donnell because she is an utter joke).

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
macx said:
democrats assaults on civil liberties and utter failure to create jobs or turn the economy around.

Always good to lighten the mood with some humor.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
OK...."Republicans will return to power and do zilch to help stimulate the creation of jobs".

Republicans don't care about the economy or jobs. They care about getting in power.

My prediction is that the Republicans will annihilate the Dems at the polls and then we'll have to listen to six weeks of "Those mean ol' Wepubwicans stole the election from poor widdle us."

No...I disagree. I think the Democrats - including myself - are going to be disappointed, but not surprised. After all, the party in power almost always loses the House (and loses fairly big) in midterm elections. It's just what happens in our American system.

The Democrats aren't completely undeserving of their fate, but the people Republicans are putting in power are as extreme - or, in some cases, more so - than the Democrats supposedly were.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My prediction is that the Republicans will annihilate the Dems at the polls and then we'll have to listen to six weeks of "Those mean ol' Wepubwicans stole the election from poor widdle us."
Nah, I hold out hope that the Democrats aren't as infantile and petulant as some Republicans were following the 2008 election :)

Anyway:
Senate: 51/52-49/48
House: Republicans gain 5-12 seat majority
Coons is going to beat O'Donnell in Delaware.
Angle is going to beat Reid in Nevada.
Boxer will win in California.

Upvote 0