Not to labor the point, but yes, Evolution can be limited by an argument of principle

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

Well, I did it http://www.christianforums.com/t7801844/

This link describes a fact about the principle of competition that limits how effective the principle is over time. In effect it goes like this, yes there is competition, but knowing there is competition in advance those that desert are more likely to succeed therefore survival of the fittest is itself only the fittest principle, if there is no time with which to act on it (except by faith).

It is clearly the most sound refutation of Evolution that there is. I would be remiss if I gave you the impression that it wiped Evolution off the table though, it does not do that, it merely provides a context in which Evolution can be seen as vulnerable to an argumentative imperative. This destabilizes the presumption that all aspects of the theory answer truth and therefore gives primacy to interpretation that can downsize the influence of Evolution at will.

I arrived at the argument after conceiving the idea that it was possible to treat Jesus as a selection pressure in His own right. I disputed this also, but not successfully. I therefore had given Christ total credit for the direction of Evolution and was duly rewarded. It is therefore possible to acknowledge Evolutionists as having limited significance that has the potential to lead to greater faith. It is a great victory for those who have maintain allegiance to God and His Word.

I welcome your comments, although I am skeptical that you are without blame, as a group, given some of the comments that have been made in this forum previously. Your judgment be on your own head. Hear the Word of the Lord. Rejoice for your enemy is fallen and those under him also. Evolution is now a chain by which the armies of the enemy can be led. Use your Wisdom for discretion as to how you will best bring your praises to God.:angel::angel::angel:

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
Hi there,

Well, I did it http://www.christianforums.com/t7801844/

This link describes a fact about the principle of competition that limits how effective the principle is over time. In effect it goes like this, yes there is competition, but knowing there is competition in advance those that desert are more likely to succeed therefore survival of the fittest is itself only the fittest principle, if there is no time with which to act on it (except by faith).

It is clearly the most sound refutation of Evolution that there is. I would be remiss if I gave you the impression that it wiped Evolution off the table though, it does not do that, it merely provides a context in which Evolution can be seen as vulnerable to an argumentative imperative. This destabilizes the presumption that all aspects of the theory answer truth and therefore gives primacy to interpretation that can downsize the influence of Evolution at will.

I arrived at the argument after conceiving the idea that it was possible to treat Jesus as a selection pressure in His own right. I disputed this also, but not successfully. I therefore had given Christ total credit for the direction of Evolution and was duly rewarded. It is therefore possible to acknowledge Evolutionists as having limited significance that has the potential to lead to greater faith. It is a great victory for those who have maintain allegiance to God and His Word.

I welcome your comments, although I am skeptical that you are without blame, as a group, given some of the comments that have been made in this forum previously. Your judgment be on your own head. Hear the Word of the Lord. Rejoice for your enemy is fallen and those under him also. Evolution is now a chain by which the armies of the enemy can be led. Use your Wisdom for discretion as to how you will best bring your praises to God.:angel::angel::angel:

Like most people who think they have a case against evolution, you really don't look at the big picture. This argument would only apply in the cases where there is direct competition between groups and where the competition takes the form of violence between them--as when humans engage in war.

But biologically, this is not the case. I like to use plants as examples, because people often forget that evolution applies to plants as much as to animals. So, when was the last time you saw squads of dandelions beating daffodils to a pulp? Yet dandelions are excellent competitors as any gardener can attest.

Darwin explicitly set out that he meant "competition" or "struggle" in a large and metaphorical sense which would very seldom involve a direct, violent confrontation. One squirrel doesn't have to fight another to be lucky enough to find some more acorns to stash away for the winter.

And what would "desertion" look like in this context? Being too lazy to forage for nuts? How would that help survival?

Upvote 0