Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
In the OT, Yahwey doesn't have conversations with himself.......
You are correct, God doesn't talk to Himself. He doesn't answer Himself either. This is just as true in the NT, as well.

The Father speaks with both the Son and the Holy Spirit however, who are themselves separate Persons/Individuals from the Father (both from and to everlasting). The idea that the Father is speaking to Himself when He is talking to His Son (or vice versa) is incorrect, and hardly syncs with the church's understanding of the nature of the Godhead (such a thing could be said, I suppose, if the heretical teaching of modalism was Biblically correct .. but it is not).

To suggest that it's God speaking to Himself is simply anachronistic and unnecessary.
No one who holds to the Biblical mystery of the Triune Godhead would ever say that (that God speaks to Himself).

And ok, That's fine! We can agree to disagree. Thanks for the conversation!
I will continue to consider what you've had to say about Genesis 1:26-27, and I'll report back if I discover something new.

God bless you!!

--David

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are correct, God doesn't talk to Himself. He doesn't answer Himself either. This is just as true in the NT, as well.

The Father speaks with both the Son and the Holy Spirit however, who are themselves separate Persons/Individuals from the Father (both from and to everlasting). The idea that the Father is speaking to Himself when He is talking to His Son (or vice versa) is incorrect, and hardly syncs with the church's understanding of the nature of the Godhead (such a thing could be said, I suppose, if the heretical teaching of modalism was Biblically correct .. but it is not).

No one who holds to the Biblical mystery of the Triune Godhead would ever say that (that God speaks to Himself).

I will continue to consider what you've had to say about Genesis 1:26-27, and I'll report back if I discover something new.

God bless you!!

--David
thanks, God bless you as well!

Upvote 0