Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The hell I refer to is the tormented place that Jesus spoke of for the rich man, in flames and torment, wailing and gnashing of teeth

Are you taking this parable literally?

Upvote 0

UpandDown

Oct 29, 2016
USA
✟15,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Church is becoming corrupt following a "progressive" road straight to HELL itself. People drive to church in their BMW, drinking their $6 dollar Coffee, in their $300 designer dress, they want a fun, light, feel good message that tickles their ears. They don't want the TRUTH. They don't want to hear if they remarry after divorce they are committing adultery before GOD. They don't want to hear they must HOLD FAST, ENDURE to the END, and OVERCOME to see eternal LIFE. All this according to God's WORD. They want a cute message before they rush out of the church parking lot cutting off their fellow church goers on their way to their kid's soccer game just before their weekend out going to bars and talking gossip to all their friends.

NARROW IS THE ROAD THAT LEADS TO LIFE!

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is not the place to talk about this. It's not the topic. That being said you are in error. The Bible does speak of the immortal soul and it does speak of eternal hell as a punishment. It IS biblical. But I go no further in this in this thread.

Please start that thread then.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Balance.....thats my point. Dont pick and choose what scripture, book or chapter. Start from the beginning and go all the way thru it, jump around do whatever you wanna do. But DO NOT leave out the full gospel. If you are gonna preach it, preach all of it. Good, bad, ugly, sad.......Tell all of it in its fullness. My point was, that now in this present day we are living in.....PEOPLE ARE NOT PREACHING ALL OF THE GOSPEL.

THE BIBLE IS A BUFFET TABLE.
Yes you can eat all you want for one price.
But in the end.....know that there wasnt a secret room hidden away with some foods you could not partake in, UNLESS thats how you want it.

But do not complain that you wasnt served in the same manner as others....you just wanted it that way. What you put on your plate is what you will eat.

If you do not like it, don't eat it.
But in the end after you have been picky about what you want to eat or not......due to you wanting it your way, then thats what you ate, you have a choice. But never accuse the cook of not putting it ALL OUT THERE FOR YOU TO CHOOSE. It was your choice to walk past it.

Balance.
There is a heaven.
There is a hell.
From Genesis to Revelation.
Beginning to end.
Quit picking it apart to fit your taste buds.......
Once the "good stuff" the "yummy" stuff runs out.....

BALANCE !!!! A good healthy diet.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Into the lake of fire without a resurrection after that.
For some a resurrection first snd if their name is not found in the lambs book of life then yes they are cast into the LoF where the beast the false prophet and Satan were cast into

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here lately I have wondered why I do not hear ANY sermons preached on hell. I grew up Pentecostal and all those years I would hear preaching on hell fire, repent and give your life to Christ. Many times I saw the Holy Spirit convict people during these sermons and they would practically run to the altar. It seems here lately and has been happening for years now that preachers no longer preach on this matter. Why has everything turned into a pretty package, tickle your ears service?? Why have we strayed away from this? The preacher used to pour out his heart to the congregation, pleading the case of Jesus to turn from the wickedness of this world for there is a heaven and there is a hell, choose today who you will serve, repent for the time is drawing near. What happened to this teaching and preaching, it seems it has all but vanished?
dang every post you make gets flooded with replies lol

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
For some a resurrection

All humans will be resurrected if they died some in the first and the remainder at the second resurrection, with the exception of Moses who was resurrected and taken to Heaven.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I grew up in a Pentecostal church and heard many sermons on hell. I was scared of ending up there!. But those sermons didn't help me. I ended up walking away from church for a few years.
I chatted to someone once who had also been to the church. They left and ended up on the streets. He told me he never forgot the sermons about hell. They didn't have a positive impact on his life either

If they only preached against hell and nothing else then yeah.. I can't say that Was God leading him, or simply no one in that church was doing anything right and he was the only one doing something right...but that's a rare phenomenon really. usually a pastor has at least one guy/woman he can depend on.

Anyway at the same time if a preacher never once preaches against sin/hell then he's not led by God either most likely it goes both ways. There has to be some preaching about joy/heaven but also some about sin/punishment/hell/reproof.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here lately I have wondered why I do not hear ANY sermons preached on hell. I grew up Pentecostal and all those years I would hear preaching on hell fire, repent and give your life to Christ. Many times I saw the Holy Spirit convict people during these sermons and they would practically run to the altar. It seems here lately and has been happening for years now that preachers no longer preach on this matter. Why has everything turned into a pretty package, tickle your ears service?? Why have we strayed away from this? The preacher used to pour out his heart to the congregation, pleading the case of Jesus to turn from the wickedness of this world for there is a heaven and there is a hell, choose today who you will serve, repent for the time is drawing near. What happened to this teaching and preaching, it seems it has all but vanished?
Probably two reasons.

One. They don't need to because unbelievers no longer attend church services.

Two. We can't endanger the flow of money that we need to run the organization so any preaching that might send people away has to be avoided at all costs. Better that we tell them what a wonderful life being a Christian is and how rich you will become.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A lot of preachers won't talk about sin, let alone hell. The word exhorts us that not many of us should become teachers, because we will be judged by a stricter standard. I am blessed to be in an area where there are godly pastors who do talk about sin and judgement.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hell is an absolute reality for many on the broad road and they will be going there unless they repent and believe the gospel. To tell someone of where their sin will lead them and the horrible eternal damnation of that and to make them aware of why God will punish the evil and yet in his grace and mercy and love he offers a way out in jesus Christ through the gospel is proper preaching.

Im sure many in hell today wish they had someone warn them of that place and the judgement of eternal everlasting fire and regret. And show them why they had to go there and Gods holiness and law that they broke, then to offer them the free gift of salvation through repentance and faith. But now it is too late for them. So lets go out and warn others and preach the good news. Sadly many will not see a need for the good news unless they know the bad news. They do not see a need for the doctor if they think they are not sick.
:amen::amen::amen::amen:

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Church is becoming corrupt following a "progressive" road straight to HELL itself. People drive to church in their BMW, drinking their $6 dollar Coffee, in their $300 designer dress, they want a fun, light, feel good message that tickles their ears. They don't want the TRUTH. They don't want to hear if they remarry after divorce they are committing adultery before GOD. They don't want to hear they must HOLD FAST, ENDURE to the END, and OVERCOME to see eternal LIFE. All this according to God's WORD. They want a cute message before they rush out of the church parking lot cutting off their fellow church goers on their way to their kid's soccer game just before their weekend out going to bars and talking gossip to all their friends.

NARROW IS THE ROAD THAT LEADS TO LIFE!
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER :amen::amen::amen::amen:

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
no I am referring to the place of torment and fire as in Jesus words about lazarus and the rich man. It is a real place where the departed spirits go when they die. The body sleeps in the grave but their spirits are in hell. They are conscious after death.

But this is not the post for that long talk, Im sure many have discussed your ideas about hell in other post

It is foolishness to take a parable as literal.

Upvote 0

bayface107

Feb 21, 2017
Michigan
✟8,620.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nope..haven't heard a preach on hell for a very long time. But then again, I'm not sure I'd sit in and listen to one.

I've lost loved ones who are not saved so I don't need reminding of the horrors therein, thank you. I also struggle to reconcile why God would create such a place of torment for mankind. Particularly when I consider that He alone can open men's eyes to salvation.

First of all with great kindness God didn't create hell for mankind - Matthew 25:41. God has, is and will continue to present the Truth to man, He sent forth His Only begotten Son the Lord Jesus Christ to die on the cross for the sin of the whole world. He extends mercy and gives grace to anyone who is willing to receive Him as Lord and Savior. Men and Women reject Him and God isn't going to force anyone to accept His UnMerited Favor (Grace). Case in point Hell is a prison, Criminals belong in prison. God said everything He created was Good, Even Hell for Satan and his demons and for those who choose not to receive His Grace. We cannot Windowshop God's Word for the sake of appeasing someone's appetite. We are to preach the Truth in Love. Lying or withholding the truth is not an example of Love. We have to Preach the Whole Council of God! The Light came into the world but men loved darkness -Sin. May the Lord keep watch!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rrguy

Jul 12, 2007
✟19,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't even remember last time it was mentioned? Because of extended family we sometimes go to different churches. An they seem even more about feeling good, personal relationships, picking music. I was waiting for them to hand out participation ribbons?
I think we should all ask out pastor etc why its not mentioned & maybe they have a reason besides scaring away possible members?

Upvote 0

bayface107

Feb 21, 2017
Michigan
✟8,620.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is foolishness to take a parable as literal.

This isn't a parable.

Check your Hermeneutics and interpret scripture according to the genre your reading. Parables do not contain Names..........Lazarus is a real person. The reason Jesus referred to "The Rich Man" is because he knew that the Pharisees were lovers of money and this would cause a reaction in them.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't even remember last time it was mentioned? Because of extended family we sometimes go to different churches. An they seem even more about feeling good, personal relationships, picking music. I was waiting for them to hand out participation ribbons?
I think we should all ask out pastor etc why its not mentioned & maybe they have a reason besides scaring away possible members?
You hit the hot button.....I would say yes go ask them!!! Kudos
I agree, we are looking for the best music, the fancy this and that, well my grandma goes here so i have to attend because of my family.....I see your point and its a good one.

Upvote 0