Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus never claimed anything, everything supposedly claimed by Jesus was in fact claimed by others long after Jesus had died.
We want to thank you because the more you persecute the church the greater our reward will be.

Matt 5:11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
We want to thank you because the more you persecute the church the greater our reward will be.

Matt 5:11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

What are you talking about? There was no persecution in that post. He simply stated a rather obvious fact.

Upvote 0

Robert Palase

May 9, 2016
UK
✟1,434.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What persecution? I simply stated a fact, do you need to feel persecuted in order to think that you're right? if so you are to be pitied.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Oh, we have heard this nonsense so many times!
"What purpose does the atheist have in his life, if he believes it all ends with his death?"
It's the frightened cry of those who will not accept their mortality. So, how long should a life be before it has purpose?

Length of life is not the issue. Purpose is.
What is the purpose if the universe goes on,
we die, the universe grows cold and nothing is
left? No memory, no life, no consciousness.
Just energy death. Even the atoms that make up
all matter will stop spinning and fall apart.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The version of the Bible that you worship makes that claim.
Exodus 8:32 And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would he let the people go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Length of life is not the issue. Purpose is.
What is the purpose if the universe goes on,
we die, the universe grows cold and nothing is
left? No memory, no life, no consciousness.
Just energy death. Even the atoms that make up
all matter will stop spinning and fall apart.

The sentiment is exactly the same.

The whining child, imploring that "I want this to last forever, or I'm not going to play!"

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Exodus 8:32 And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would he let the people go.

Exodus 9:12
12And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.

Bit dishonest of you to ignore this one?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bit dishonest of you to ignore this one?
Here's the question.
Was not Pharaoh willing to let them go until God hardened his heart?
Does this sound to you like Pharaoh wanted to let the people go?

Exodus 1:8 Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph.
Exodus 1:9 And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we:
Exodus 1:10 Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.

Are you seriously suggesting that?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Here's the question.Does this sound to you like Pharaoh wanted to let the people go?

Exodus 1:9 And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we:
Exodus 1:10 Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.

Hard to tell. But once again in Exodus 10: 1 we see that God claimed to be the culprit:

"10 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh: for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might shew these my signs before him:"

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Here's the question.Does this sound to you like Pharaoh wanted to let the people go?

'Get them up out of the land', yes, that certainly sounds like he originally wanted the Jews to go. But then your benevolent god 'hardened his heart' so that he would hold them there, thus allowing your God to punish him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not so difficult....if you can read.
Yes, I can read enough to know you Arab phoned a word out of the passage.

How did AND SO GET THEM UP OUT OF THE LAND suddenly become [AND] GET THEM UP OUT OF THE LAND?

Pharaoh had no intention of letting them leave Egypt.

In fact, he instituted a program of male genocide to the intent of whittling their numbers down so they wouldn't be a viable opponent and leave on their own.

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Yes, I can read enough to know you Arab phoned a word out of the passage.

How did AND SO GET THEM UP OUT OF THE LAND suddenly become [AND] GET THEM UP OUT OF THE LAND?

Pharaoh had no intention of letting them leave Egypt.

In fact, he instituted a program of male genocide to the intent of whittling their numbers down so they wouldn't be a viable opponent and leave on their own.

Arab what? You make no sense. But that seems to be your usual approach.

Upvote 0