Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good answer. But I dont know how the senator would respond to having their query called "irrelevant."
That wouldn't be calling the query irrelevant, it would be calling a personal opinion irrelevant. And it would speak to the larger umbrella issue: The personal opinion of a Justice ought to be irrelevant on every issue brought before the Court. The Constitution and the law as they are written and as they have been interpreted should always take precedence over personal opinion. That's not uncommon...a judge may personally think a defendant should go to prison for life, but the law may say five years.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont think she'd have the slightest problem recognizing the great things we get from a capitalist economy. She also recognizes the systems huge blind spots. Thats my sense of her anyway.
The question is: Will her ideology allow her to admit to them in public?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,349.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My goodness! What a lousy thing to say. :(
'You' being the country as a whole. If the majority of any given population knowingly votes for someone who is a complete klutz then that's the guy who then represents your country. He (or she) is the person you (the country) has seen fit to elect. 'You' actually wanted the guy. If the US, as a whole, isn't smart enough to make sure that there are people on the ballot actually worth voting for then who is to blame? You personally? Of course not. But you as a country?

What can I say? Them's the rules.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,349.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Good answer. But I dont know how the senator would respond to having their query called "irrelevant."
Her personal opinion was irrelevant. The question was relevant and likewise the answer.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,349.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The question is: Will her ideology allow her to admit to them in public?
In my opinion she wouldn't be worth voting for if she didn't. I don't want my politicians wearing a black hat or a white one. If they only see the world that way then there'll be problems down the line.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That was the point if their people had not sold them to begin with there would have been no market A market has two sides supply and demand. No matter what the market is people, drugs video games whatever it is.
It is the same, MONEY. They were sold to make money, and enslaved to make money.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion she wouldn't be worth voting for if she didn't. I don't want my politicians wearing a black hat or a white one. If they only see the world that way then there'll be problems down the line.
I don't want my politicians that way either, but that's what we've got. It's a two-party system.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'You' being the country as a whole. If the majority of any given population knowingly votes for someone who is a complete klutz then that's the guy who then represents your country. He (or she) is the person you (the country) has seen fit to elect. 'You' actually wanted the guy. If the US, as a whole, isn't smart enough to make sure that there are people on the ballot actually worth voting for then who is to blame? You personally? Of course not. But you as a country?

What can I say? Them's the rules.
Yeah, well, it’s still lousy:(

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,349.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, well, it’s still lousy:(
Certainly depressing if you end up with someone you know doesn't deserve the position.

I have to say that there's never been someone holding the Prime Minister's position here that I didn't think was at least up to the job. Some I have vehemently disagreed with on policy. But...it was the will of the people and so be it. And whoever it was treated the position with respect. They held their positions honestly and did what they thought was best for the country. There hasn't been one that I would say that I was embarrassed to have as a representative of my country.

And with the obvious exception, I'd say the same about the US if I was American. But the wheels seem to have fallen off recently. I don't know why it's happened. And I don't know how you can solve it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump thinks the Civil War could have been prevented....

“The Civil War was so fascinating, so horrible,” Trump said. “So many mistakes were made. See, there was something I think could have been negotiated, to be honest with you. I think you could have negotiated that. All the people died, so many people died. You know, that was the disaster.”

Trump went on to describe the Civil War as “vicious” and suggested that “Abraham Lincoln, of course, if he negotiated it, you probably wouldn’t even know who Abraham Lincoln was.”

[
...yea, if only Lincoln was the negotiator that Donald Trump is :ebil:]

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

“The Civil War was so fascinating, so horrible,” Trump said. “So many mistakes were made. See, there was something I think could have been negotiated, to be honest with you. I think you could have negotiated that. All the people died, so many people died. You know, that was the disaster.”

Trump went on to describe the Civil War as “vicious” and suggested that “Abraham Lincoln, of course, if he negotiated it, you probably wouldn’t even know who Abraham Lincoln was.”

[
...yea, if only Lincoln was the negotiator that Donald Trump is :ebil:]

I’ve said before (here) that he wants to be a “civil-war” President, like Lincoln, arising from the ashes of a nation in total turmoil, victorious!
Xi will love seeing us fight one another; Putin too.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,349.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

In the same speech he had a shot at Haley.

'She's a globalist. She loves the globe'.

No, honest. He said that.

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums