Site Supporter
May 14, 2004
✟63,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I HATE it. And I still hate halogens!

I had to go back into work tonight to fix a problem.
When I went out the sun was just setting.
When I came home it was DARK.

I did remember to turn on the outside light at my house.
I forgot last time and almost backed into my neighbors driveway. :D

When I had just gotten my license I was babysitting maybe a half a mile from home.
It was the first time I was out after dark with the car.
I started to drive home and could barely see what I was doing.
I could not figure out how to turn the lights on.

I grew up in a very rural area NO STREET LIGHTS.
There was a little moonlight to help me get home.
The next day I figured out where the light button was.

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
LOL! I had to drive after dark this evening. With the glare off the wet roads and all those stupid halogen headlights I could barely see anything. I missed the Wal-mart entrance and had to drive to the next parking lot over and turn around and go back. So while I was in there I bought a big bag of carrots. Mabey all the Vit. A will help :)

Upvote 0

Grunt

Physics > *
Apr 6, 2004
Daytona Beach FL
✟9,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm extremely used to it by now- going into work at 4am does have a perk or two ;) I do hate driving in the city with street lights when its raining- half the time you can't even see the lanes.

The biggest problem for me is being half asleep. I've come close to killing myself (or at least trying to clean out a ditch with my bumper) more times than I can count.

Upvote 0

remy

Aug 3, 2003
Portsmouth, VA
✟532.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Grunt said:
I'm extremely used to it by now- going into work at 4am does have a perk or two ;) I do hate driving in the city with street lights when its raining- half the time you can't even see the lanes.

The biggest problem for me is being half asleep. I've come close to killing myself (or at least trying to clean out a ditch with my bumper) more times than I can count.
I was about to ask if you worked at UPS but I checked your profile. :D I worked there for a month, but the time to get there from my house for five days a week, maybe 4 hours a day, just didnt work out. Good money though.

Upvote 0

hischildsindik

Freckles
Jan 18, 2004
Iowa, USA
Visit site
✟16,084.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Night driving is not my favourite, but since now I have a higher up vehicle, thanks to God, the halogens are still a pain, but not as bad as with a car. I agree the increased chance of hitting wildlife does not make it fun either. Luckily the main night driving I do is from my mom's house to mine, about 8 miles... woopdeee dooo

Upvote 0

TriptychR

Investigative Retorter
Jul 3, 2004
Western New York
✟10,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
fishstix said:
The only thing I don't like about night driving is the increased chance of hitting wildlife. Although their eyes do shine at night which helps... The kind of driving I really dislike is city driving.
Night city driving is the worst! I dropped a friend off in Buffalo and completely got lost in the city trying to find the Interstate again. It didn't help that it was raining, too. I ended up in the Buffalo Museum of Science parking lot at one point, but eventually stopped at a convenience store and asked directiosn.:doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klewlis

cur tu me vexas?
Jan 27, 2004
Edmonton
Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Christian
I LOVE night driving. Throw some Curious Fools into the stereo and I'm set. I also love city driving. And city driving at night. (Am I weird or what)

Actually I just love driving. The only kind I don't like is when it's blizzarding and/or the roads are icy.

I used to adore driving in the country at night but then I lost two cars to deer so now I stick mostly to the city at night. lol.

Upvote 0