Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was about 4:30 AM and I had to get up to use the restroom. I go back to bed and lay down and picked up a book to lull me back to sleep. All the sudden I hear (help)! I hear it repeatedly. I jump up out of bed and run downstairs as fast as I can asking what happened. I look into the bedroom and my mother is fast asleep. :scratch: I was awake and know what I heard. It was bizarre. Has anyone had an experience like this? It really shook me up. I was awake and I know what I heard. I’m having a hard time getting it off my mind.

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
-
How clear was the call for help.
Very clear. I was awake. It was just bizarre. I even thought about someone being in the woods outside. Seriously, it was bizarre. Been thinking about it all day.

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very clear. I was awake. It was just bizarre. I even thought about someone being in the woods outside. Seriously, it was bizarre. Been thinking about it all day.
I'm a smoker and occasional insomniac and there are times when i'm outside in the backyard having a smoke sometimes 2,3, or 4 in the morning , and the things I see and hear are unbelievable. Quite often I hear teenagers yelling out all kinds of stuff , usually to freak out the neighbour hood.
I even saw one of Elon Musks rockets falling apart and burning up as it went over our house.

So maybe it was just teenagers out in the woods , saw your light on and decided to try and freak you out.

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
So you could not tell if it was coming from inside or outside.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
-
So you could not tell if it was coming from inside or outside.
I thought it was coming from downstairs. And as far as the woods, nobody is out in the woods ever. If they were, they’d be trespassing. We are in a very secluded area on a large plot of land. Still very confusing and mysterious in my mind.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok lets try another one.
I've been known to curse and say things in my sleep , maybe your mother was doing something similar
I don’t believe it was her because if it was, she always wakes up. Who knows? Maybe I was not as awake as I thought I was. The good news is last night all was quiet! Lol!

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t believe it was her because if it was, she always wakes up. Who knows? Maybe I was not as awake as I thought I was. The good news is last night all was quiet! Lol!
That's good i'll leave it there , because my step was going to take us into the twilight zone...:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's good i'll leave it there , because my step was going to take us into the twilight zone...:oldthumbsup:
Go ahead and take me to the twilight zone because I swear I was awake! Lol! I was reading, jumped up, ran down a flight of stairs. :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Go ahead and take me to the twilight zone because I swear I was awake! Lol! I was reading, jumped up, ran down a flight of stairs. :eek:
Oh boy here we go...:doh:
I'll get back to this later , gotta go out and do stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok first a little back ground. I was in a relationship with a woman for like 20 yrs or so , she told me she messed around with ouija boards as a teenager and something came through and stayed with her for most of her life , which is why I was seeing and hearing all this strange poltergeist activity happening. Anyway the relationship ended for whatever reason and I continued visiting as we remained friends.

And this one day I asked her if things had gotten any better , and she said she had the worst night ever recently , said she woke up to find that she was being pulled by the ankles slowly out of bed by the invisible man or thing.
Said she went into panic mode and being of catholic background she did the sign of the cross over her chest and prayed to jesus to help her , at that very moment the thing left her. I could write a book on all the things that I had seen and heard while I was with her , but only put this here for background purpose.

This next story could possibly interest you , because it relates to my bible reading church going christian sister.
About 30 yrs ago she was going through a tough time in her life , her husband had became an alcoholic which caused her financial suffering , she has just joined a new church where people were writhing around on the floor and speaking in tongues so was having difficulty as to whether or not this church was for her , on top of that her 5 yr old daughter got cancer but shes ok now , married with kids.

Any way she went to bed one night by herself as her husband was out boozing with his mates , only to wake up with the presence of something on top of her , she couldn't see any shape it was invisible to her , but she felt a weight pressing down on the mattress either side of her shoulders.
She's now freaking out because as she told me , she knew what comes next. So she very quickly prayed for Jesus to help her and he did , the thing left her.

She spoke with her church friends about this and they all put it down to the fact that Satan took advantage of her because of her traumatized condition , and I could go along with that , kinda makes sense.

Anyway back to you Mitchie , you might need to examine your own life and condition to see if there is anything there thats bringing you down , seems like Satan loves to mess with us when we are confused and feeling down. My sister was certainly in that possition.

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting stories and I have heard the same things from people but that is not my experience. None of that occultism stuff in my life and my mother does not either. I pray before bed cross myself and read or listen to Scripture. Funny thing though, it has sort of jogged my memory when I was thinking about it yesterday. I have had this twice before. Once I was told that my father was proud of me. He has long passed away. Another time I was awoken by a Scripture from Matthew. Long forgot the exact Scripture. All this happened while I was in bed in bed either dozing off or awakening. So it has to have something to do with being close to sleeping or waking. I’m glad your friend got away from the oppression she was experiencing. :praying: Thank you for sharing with me. :)

• Prayers
Reactions: guyver
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,789.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've had heavy gripping pressures at night sometimes, which I put down to demonic interference. But it doesn't happen very often now.

As for the voice saying "Help", there are only three possibilities. Either Michie's mind played tricks on her (which can happen to the best of us at times), somebody else called out (but that seems unlikely) or it was spiritual in origin (and most probably demonic).

I don't think anybody was calling out gven Michie's location and the fact her mother was sound asleep. So it's either her mind playing tricks or it's spiritual.

I'd have to leave it there as it's up to Michie to decide.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It was about 4:30 AM and I had to get up to use the restroom. I go back to bed and lay down and picked up a book to lull me back to sleep. All the sudden I hear (help)! I hear it repeatedly. I jump up out of bed and run downstairs as fast as I can asking what happened. I look into the bedroom and my mother is fast asleep. :scratch: I was awake and know what I heard. It was bizarre. Has anyone had an experience like this? It really shook me up. I was awake and I know what I heard. I’m having a hard time getting it off my mind.
Certainly a hypnagogic hallucination. These often happen as you're falling asleep. They're common and usually not a cause for concern. Up to 70% of people experience them at least once. A hallucination is a false perception of objects or events involving your senses: sight, sound, smell, touch and taste.

There's your answer.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Maybe your mother said "help" in her sleep, as part of a dream? Even quiet things sound loud in the middle of the night.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Have you got a pet dog? Sometimes they talk in their sleep!

Upvote 0

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Certainly a hypnagogic hallucination. These often happen as you're falling asleep. They're common and usually not a cause for concern. Up to 70% of people experience them at least once. A hallucination is a false perception of objects or events involving your senses: sight, sound, smell, touch and taste.

There's your answer.

Not sure if it's the same category, but I had an experience a couple years ago that I believe was sleep paralysis. I at least thought I was awake but unable to move, feeling as if somethings was pressing me down into the bed and heard a sound I can only describe as a buzzing growl. I did wake up with a loud shout and an adrenalin dump. It felt as if "something" was in the room with me (there clearly wasn't). I was unnerved enough to do a room by room search of my house. My dog probably thought I was completely insane. House was empty, all windows and doors shut and locked. A friend helped me research sleep paralysis. I have not had another experience like that, thank goodness.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0