goodgirl62

Aug 21, 2010
Michigan
✟7,636.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am lost in between being a Catholic and a Baptist born again Christian. I have asked Jesus to come into my heart and I pray to him everyday but, I still don't feel the feel I think I should. I still have a knot in my chest worring about my future.

How do you know when he is advising you. I pray for guidance but still feel hopeless and lost. What am I doing wrong?:confused:

Reactions: apricot
R

Robin Shawn

Hi, and welcome.

I'm sorry that you are so troubled about your future. Remember the words of Jesus, "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matthew 6:34). He isn't telling us not to plan for the future, but not to worry. Know God's guidance by the confidence that you feel when He has spoken to your spirit. Follow the disciplines in 1 Thessalonians 5: rejoicing, persistence in prayer, giving thanks, not quenching the Spirit, a willingness to hear God's Word, and keeping yourself from evil. Verse 21 says, "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

I will pray for you this evening.

God bless you.

Shawn

Upvote 0

Kitty.

Jun 27, 2010
South
✟16,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to CF. God never promised us that we would feel saved. However, he promised us that we would know by the fruits that we bear. I know how it feels to go through hard times. I currently am going through hard times right now. Keep praying to God. Read your Bible. And do devotionals. :)

Upvote 0

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi there and welcome to CF!!! I am so glad that you keep praying and that is a good thing - God knows what is on your heart!!
Bridging the gap between Baptist and Catholic is difficult if you get into the theology - look into what is important to you - I was brought up a Baptist (and throught out my 20s) and now I am an Anglican with Evangelical theology but catholic ritual - there are many traditions now which span quite wide especially on worship - Liberal Catholic may be the way to go. I will say though coming from the Baptist trad - the hardest thing for me was getting my head around infant Baptism - With teachings I could understand I made my decision but both traditions have made me the person I am today and I thank God that I have been part of the richness of them both.
Please do not fret over which one to go to - get some literature on the traditions and then pray through what is right for you - God will guide you to where you will blossom in your faith.
I've looked at your profile and I think you may want to look at the following forums - The first 3 are Tradition based ones- you would have no probs asking questions there and finding out abit more about their theology. All the best in that - the others are just some I think you may be drawn to!
Many Blessings Lexie x

Denominations
Looking for a Church - Christian Forums (Looking for a church)
One Bread, One Body - Catholic - Christian Forums (Catholic)
Baptists - Christian Forums (Baptist)
Scripture,Tradition,Reason-Anglican & Old Catholic - Christian Forums (Anglican/Epsicopal/Old catholic)

Womens forum
http://www.christianforums.com/f47/
Relaxation
Relaxation - Christian Forums

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LvdBfly-Welcome.gif

Hi I’m Kristina, I’m a CF Angel and I’d like to welcome you to the forums
wave.gif

I know that at first glance this forum may seem huge, but don’t worry, it seems that way now, but the more you explore, the smaller it gets (honest
wink.gif
).
In the meantime, here are a few links that you may find useful.
New Members Intros why not come and introduce yourself (I promise we don’t bite
biggrin.gif
).
Once you’ve done that, why not get the feel of how to post by playing some games in the
Blessings Exchange or Recreation Room.
After that you could have a look at one of the below links, I’m sure that you’ll find something to interest you
biggrin.gif

Whether you are 13 or 100 there is a forum here for you-
Life Stages Forum
Whichever denomination you are there is a place full of like-minded people here-
Congregation Forum
If you are looking for a deeper Christian experience or wish to look more in depth into the Christian faith-
Edification
If you would like to request prayer, or say prayers for others (which is always much appreciated) go to the
Prayer Room
If you have any questions about your faith or Christianity in general, I can recommend the

It's a great forum to be able to talk to a Chaplain and be
anonymous
. :thumbsup:
Ask A Chaplain team
A lot of questions about the forums (blessings, reputation, jobs, bank, avatars etc) can be answered in the
Christian Forums Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any problems at all feel free to visit
Angel HQ
I hope you enjoy your time here and I look forward to seeing you around the forums in the future.
hug.gif
angel.gif
wave.gif
angel.gif
wave.gif
angel.gif
hug.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am lost in between being a Catholic and a Baptist born again Christian. I have asked Jesus to come into my heart and I pray to him everyday but, I still don't feel the feel I think I should. I still have a knot in my chest worring about my future.

How do you know when he is advising you. I pray for guidance but still feel hopeless and lost. What am I doing wrong?:confused:

I am praying for you find guidance and comfort. :prayer: :hug:

Here are a few other forums that might peek your interest.

Women's Discussion - Christian Forums the women's forum.

You have to go here http://www.christianforums.com/t7393466/ and request access to see the forum.
When you post here someone will get back to you and give you access..

God Bless,

Krissy_Cakes
wave.gif

Upvote 0

cmarie423

Momma of 3
Mar 18, 2007
California
✟17,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would try to go over to OBOB (One bread one body) The Catholic forum and post something there. Everyone over there will be more then willing to help you out regardless of whatever you decide to do. We have alot of seekers there as well. Don't worry, God will always guide you. Just don't stop praying. I'm having some issues myself these days but even so I don't stop praying because no matter how down I get it really helps. I'll be here to help if you need it so go ahead and pm me if you need to :]

Upvote 0