• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Need some serious help.. Like spiritual 911

Sep 7, 2014
✟7,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just need rest.. Once you're tired physically, then follows mentally, then satan is invited in because you don't have the strength to fight him. So I told God I just need a break.. For like a week or whatever i just need to rest and find my joy with you again Lord.

Then comes the voices, you're lazy, you're bring ungrateful, how dare you when Jesus died for you this is how you act? Stones can do your job, He is going to give up on you and replace you with someone else and give up on you and you're going to burn in hell.

It literally was just physical and mental exhaustion, and of course these kinds of thoughts would be driving me away from God because now He was this scary, condemning, angry, ticked off, taskmaster who didn't want to spend time with me, only wanted me to work.. No rest, only work!

So I just told God i just need to get my joy back with you before i do anything.. Who is going to want to be like a miserable Christian?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Bless yer heart, above ALL else, God is our Shepherd, and He's a GOOD Shepherd. He provides rest, and refreshing water, and peace from worry, and He does NOT condemn. He PROTECTS. Psalm 23 comes to mind. REmember also when the large crowds were hungry? What did He do? He FED them. Remember Elijah, the prophet? He was sooo weary and tired and hungry and depressed, that God "fed" him, and prompted him to just sleep, wake up and eat, and then sleep again. And God sent a RAVEN to feed him! Isn't that awesome?

God cares just as much for us. He NEVER EVER "drives" us to distraction, or "tortures" us or confuses us or causes us to be fearful. He gives us His peace, and rest, for our bodies, minds, and spirits, and His joy. Anything that is chaotic or confusing is NOT of Him...He is NOT the God of confusion.

Praying that He ministers to your body, mind, and spirit as the GOOD Shepherd that He is. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen.

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Upvote 0

babegirl111

Jan 17, 2008
✟7,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my ministry experience I have found that a lot of OCD is driven by unconfessed sin in a believers life. I sit down with them and begin a moral inventory and help arrange amends and before you know it the OCD is a thing of the past and peace of mind ensues. Some of them had no idea just how much unconfessed sin they had. May God bless you and keep you.
Our OCD has nothing to do with unconfessed sin. It is a mental illness.

Upvote 0

babegirl111

Jan 17, 2008
✟7,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much Brinny! So something that has been on my mind that, now I realize I strongly believe was the Holy Spirit is that "satan also masquerades as an Angel of light." this is revolutionary to me!!

I was looking it up and satan can also mimic the voice of the Holy Spirit, so we have to discern properly.

I think I was listening to the wrong voice lately.. As one example goes I thought as a punishment God was telling me to constantly fast, and this went on for like 2 weeks or so.. But it wasn't a regular fast, as punishment I thought I wasn't able to drink anything either! So no water in like 114 degree heat outside. I seriously think I might have developed a health condition of low blood sugar for a while..

To top of my punishment, i was still to go walk and evangelize outside my apartment, but again without water or anything to eat or drink. I became so dehydrated and low blood sugar I was literally getting the shakes, in which I was told that as more punishment and discipline I get no peace but instead a feeling of fear.

Even last night I thought i heard a thought that was telling me to go to the park, at like 9:17 at night or whatever alone, and I figured to evangelize. Which I kept driving, I was seriously so overworked and stressed out and this hit me this morning.

satan that piece of garbage masquerades as an Angel of light, and I realized the voice telling me to go to the park was incomplete, that's all it said. It didn't say why at all, I realized I had assumed to evangelize..

God has spoken to me before, and was very specific. A specific bible verse to give to a very specific person.. Very specific.

But when I feel like i am being punished by doing awkward things like going outside randomly in my apartment complex to evangelize, which I'm very introverted so I don't like very much.

On top of things there has been accusing voices, condemning voices, and self hate voices. I literally was so depressed I honestly wished I was dead. And of course if I didn't follow through with the punishment I was going to hell. This morning I just God I need some rest.. No going outside my apartment like 5 times in an hour and maybe finding someone maybe not. I need rest please let me just rest and restore to me joy.

There was no joy in what I was doing at all. It was terrible.. Feeling much better this morning, thank you for your prayers :)
Sounds familiar. Have you thought about seeking treatment. I did and it helped me tremendously!

Upvote 0

covergirl

Oct 4, 2014
✟20,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Let me go ahead and tell you NOT to get baptized right now. Take it from someone who suffers with the EXACT same thing you are to a T and been baptized three times. I understand that sometimes some things may bother us to due to unconfessed sin but to people with the spiritual OCD like us, we really freak out and becomes work oriented but this thinking is "Here's what I HAVE to do to be in God's graces" but guess what? Jesus took care of that at the cross. I too was so bad off I would feel compelled to go pray over people, misquote verses, (the verse about not having a spirit of fear actually made me feel more condemned because I would pray, and when it came back or I would be tempted I would SINCERELY believe God had left me). Now I realize as you said this is Satan. The power of God's grace and love for us is not based on us but on Christ. When we believe that we will be made new. A big myth I believed until recently and perhaps could been have a trigger of this was that God heals us of things but we would never experience it again. Guess what? I know He healed you of anxiety but you will experience it again in life. Doesn't mean you aren't saved. It means you will be growing. If you get baptized right now it will just be a compulsion. God knows your heart. He isn't angry but has compassion on you. He longs to be gracious to you. Isaiah 30:18, "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!"

Upvote 0

covergirl

Oct 4, 2014
✟20,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Satan is the False Accuser of Brethren. Meaning? That voice inside your head saying you are not good enough or pretty enough or God hates you....IS SATAN!!!! He only bothers those who are saved in the Lord to get to throw away their life because he knows what you will do for Christ's kingdom here on earth.

Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2014
✟7,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow! That's amazing! That's exactly how it is! And the other night the craziest thought came to mind! "I have to do something quick to stay saved!" it was something like that.. I get works are a part of it, but works that come from the heart not from fear or from compulsions..

It's a strange feeling being work oriented spiritually.. And no matter what or how much you do its never enough..

God is definitely moving I can tell and I am growing, but things are starting to get a lot more serious.. It's scary but exciting at the same time..

Upvote 0