Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I guess it is easier to dehumanize people to defend the reasoning to deny them basic human rights. I find it troubling to see a lot of christian icon touting people being more concerned with themselves than the kids who come to our country for help. This "us vs them" mentality is not a christian principle. I would remind those who bear the icon of that.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can see how "illegal immigrants" or "illegal aliens" could be too much for our friends on the right to remember -- a whole second word, and one which affirms their status as human beings...

You've got to remember that the sort of people who refer to them as "illegals" tend to deal better with abstract concepts than actual human beings in general...
That's what I generally call them, because that's what they are :wave:

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Incidentally, the mystery respiratory illness in children may also be coming from our friends on the Right denying healthcare to Americans... just sayin'...
Strawman. Nobody of any consequence is denying healthcare to Americans. As a matter of fact, Americans are mandated to carry health insurance :wave:

Upvote 0

Proud Parrot

Sep 18, 2014
✟835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The point being not every American is mandated to carry insurance. :)

Are you always a public exhibitionist vying for attention with the inclusion of the
wave.gif
with every post?
Reminds me of the women I use to see as I surfed the channels when they were on Jerry Springer that hoped to make their point by slapping their hands together with every word they said. ^_^

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The point being not every American is mandated to carry insurance.

Are you always a public exhibitionist vying for attention with the inclusion of the with every post?
Reminds me of the women I use to see as I surfed the channels when they were on Jerry Springer that hoped to make their point by slapping their hands together with every word they said.
Context, context context!!. The actual point is that nobody on the right is denying healthcare to anyone and thus the mystery illness was falsely attributed to conservatives :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Context, context context!!. The actual point is that nobody on the right is denying healthcare to anyone and thus the mystery illness was falsely attributed to conservatives :wave:

Allow me to correct myself: The mystery illness may be coming from Conservatives as revenge for their failed attempts to block Obamacare.

Better now?

Upvote 0

Anovah

Jun 6, 2004
Oregon
✟14,597.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
1) These children aren't even "illegals." They are refugees seeking asylum and as non-Mexican minors entitled to a judicial process under US law.
2) This virus was in the US before these refugee children arrived.
3) This virus is being passed around US classrooms-- where these immigrant children aren't attending in any kind of numbers.

In other words, it's a variety of the type of respiratory crud that tends to go around when kids go back to school, only this one tends to be particularly hard on asthmatics. But the people I know who had it said it was like a bad cold, with a lot of coughing.

No, no no. See, what a virus does first is check to see your immigration status and if you don't have the right paperwork, it will infect you. If you are a citizen... don't worry, you are immune to all disease.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, no no. See, what a virus does first is check to see your immigration status and if you don't have the right paperwork, it will infect you. If you are a citizen... don't worry, you are immune to all disease.

Still less idiotic than genuine anti-vaccination conspiracies...

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That we agree upon.
Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Red States Hatch Plans To Block Obamacare Even If Dems Take Over

Bachmann Calls For GOP To Repeal Obamacare, Block Immigration Changes | St. Louis Public Radio

Face of the right’s Obamacare hypocrisy: Why is Indiana’s GOP governor getting a pass? - Salon.com
Blocking Obamacare is not synonymous with denying healthcare to people. We can agree on that as well :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Allow me to correct myself: The mystery illness may be coming from Conservatives as revenge for their failed attempts to block Obamacare.

Better now?
Is there one straw man better than another straw man. :D:D:D

Upvote 0