✟117,162.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Doctor: Gov?t ?Tight-Lipped? on Respiratory Virus, May be From Illegals

Dr. Jane Orient, Executive Director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, reported that the government has been “real tight-lipped” about the mysterious respiratory illness that has struck children in the United States, expressed concern that the illegal immigrant minors from Central America could be the source, and argued that the government should devote more resources to border security to combat the spread of disease on Wednesday’s “Laura Ingraham Show.”

When asked whether illegal immigrant children who have been sent to various locations around the country could be the cause of the virus, she responded “Yes, they could be. We don’t know for sure the government is being real tight-lipped about this, and it only takes one infected child to infect the whole classroom.”

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This really isn't a mystery virus, though.

Sure, I'd be willing to bet that some of the kids coming through had a strain of it.

Whenever I travel to Michigan I ALWAYS get sick, and when I come back to Minnesota. I ALWAYS get someone else sick.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Doctor: Gov?t ?Tight-Lipped? on Respiratory Virus, May be From Illegals

Dr. Jane Orient, Executive Director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, reported that the government has been “real tight-lipped” about the mysterious respiratory illness that has struck children in the United States, expressed concern that the illegal immigrant minors from Central America could be the source, and argued that the government should devote more resources to border security to combat the spread of disease on Wednesday’s “Laura Ingraham Show.”

When asked whether illegal immigrant children who have been sent to various locations around the country could be the cause of the virus, she responded “Yes, they could be. We don’t know for sure the government is being real tight-lipped about this, and it only takes one infected child to infect the whole classroom.”

That's good enough for me....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! (Well, away with them anyway.) ^_^

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,449,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
....When asked whether illegal immigrant children who have been sent to various locations around the country could be the cause of the virus,....

...nothing like leading questions. Yes, *any& population of children could be the cause for the "mystery" disease.

Good grief...

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Every time a huge influx of a different ethnic group comes into america we see this same story. The same thing said was said of eastern European Jews, Irish, and the Chinese. I almost think they just copy and paste it and just change the name of who it is.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Every time a huge influx of a different ethnic group comes into america we see this same story. The same thing said was said of eastern European Jews, Irish, and the Chinese. I almost think they just copy and paste it and just change the name of who it is.

No worries. We'll assimilate them and their diseases just as we have always done.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟117,162.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
...nothing like leading questions. Yes, *any& population of children could be the cause for the "mystery" disease.

Good grief...

This is a virus rarely seen in American children. And now it's infecting whole classrooms and schools. Of course, it's just a coincidence, when the feds are secretly shipping illegal kids all over the country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟117,162.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wouldn't be surprised if the parents of these kids falling ill from "dem durn illegals" are the same parents who staunchly oppose vaccination.

Huh? What does that have to do with any of this? These kids aren't coming down with Whooping Cough. And even if they were, that vaccine is nearly worthless.

Two new whooping cough cases, for total of 20, recorded in Montgomery public schools - The Washington Post

As with other Montgomery cases, the two new cases involve individuals who had been immunized. Health officials say the protective effects of such immunizations can wane.

Whooping Cough: The Reality Behind the Myth | GreenMedInfo | Blog Entry

A study published in 2012 in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases analyzed data from a Kaiser Permanente database in Marin County, California which had the 2nd highest incidence of lab confirmed pertussis in the state at 136 per 100,000. [2]
"Of the 132 individuals aged ≤18 years at time of illness, 81% were fully vaccinated, 11% were undervaccinated, and 8% were never vaccinated...Our unvaccinated and undervaccinated population did not appear to contribute significantly to the increased rate of clinical pertussis. Surprisingly, the highest incidence of disease was among previously vaccinated children aged 8-12 years...Surprisingly, in the 2-7 and 8-12 age groups, [3]

(Unexpectedly Limited Durability of Immunity Following Acellular Pertussis Vaccination in Pre-Adolescents in a North American Outbreak)

The never vaccinated were the least likely to get whooping cough. Did you catch that?

BTW, leftwing parents are less likely to vaccinate compared to rightwing. Just sayin'.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Left wing? right wing? Oh yeah I keep forgetting I'm in the politics section. I was just saying the kids might be getting sick because of lack of vaccinations against whatever the kids are bringing in. Disease doesn't care what part of the political spectrum you are.

Upvote 0
H

HorsieJuice

Left wing? right wing? Oh yeah I keep forgetting I'm in the politics section. I was just saying the kids might be getting sick because of lack of vaccinations against whatever the kids are bringing in. Disease doesn't care what part of the political spectrum you are.

According to the CDC link that USIncognito posted, there is no vaccine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟325,057.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Government source says refuses to say it is not possible that this could be due to illegal aliens.

Truthers have a field day.

If this came from illegals from South America it is interesting that it skipped the entire Southwest and only popped up in the Midwest, far closer to Canada.

Damn renegade Canucks

Upvote 0

rich1540

Aug 21, 2014
Australia
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why so unhappy? Why so angry?

I mean, Jesus has given us the gift of life and all we seem to get is pitiful whining from malcontents.

First of all, the term "illegals" is derogatory and and an insult to those making a positive economic and cultural contribution to the nations they aspire to a better life in. Those undocumented immigrants are exactly the kind of movers economies like ours needs. The political right in Australia uses the same derogatory garbage to demonize minorities and "wedge" the easily manipulated.

Cepeda Says Shorthand Term 'Illegals' Is An Insult : NPR

Secondly, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, while giving the impression of neutrality is a partisan right wing group with an agenda to overthrow the right to universal healthcare.

Association of American Physicians and Surgeons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry for the outburst, but this sort of divisive junk makes me really angry. I grew up in a lower middle class/working class Sydney beachside suburb called Cronulla. In 2005 we had an event that greatly shamed our whole nation and attracted an enormous amount of worldwide scorn. I was living there at the time and for about 3 days it was utter anarchy.

Cronulla riots: there's still the capacity for Anzac name to be taken in vain | World news | theguardian.com

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If this came from illegals from South America it is interesting that it skipped the entire Southwest and only popped up in the Midwest, far closer to Canada.

Yeah. Isn't it.
EV68-thmb.jpg

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
1) These children aren't even "illegals." They are refugees seeking asylum and as non-Mexican minors entitled to a judicial process under US law.
2) This virus was in the US before these refugee children arrived.
3) This virus is being passed around US classrooms-- where these immigrant children aren't attending in any kind of numbers.

In other words, it's a variety of the type of respiratory crud that tends to go around when kids go back to school, only this one tends to be particularly hard on asthmatics. But the people I know who had it said it was like a bad cold, with a lot of coughing.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't be surprised if the parents of these kids falling ill from "dem durn illegals" are the same parents who staunchly oppose vaccination.

The southern border has been a catch all boogie man for the fear mongers.

"Al Qaeda will come across the border with the illegals!"

"Ebola will come across the border with the illegals!"

"ISIL will come across the border with the illegals!"

and now

"Mystery disease came across the border with the illegals!"

Upvote 0