Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Shortly before my parents got to her house to see her, my grandmother fell. She was put in the hospital today for a back injury. There's not much the doctor's can do for the problem, because she has really bad osteoperosis (sp?).

My mom is asking for peace, comfort, and the ultimate healing...because my grandmother would be so much better off. She has no clue what is going on around her anymore...and yesterday didn't go to church for the first time in years.

Thanks.

WhitBit

Mirror of His Heart
Feb 5, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟610.00
God, I pray in the only way I can think to do...

Restore peace, comfort, and healing to Angel's grandmother, be it the ultimate kind or not. I can think of no greater provision for Your sheep than Paradise...We thank You for all that You've done and continue to do. We love you!

In Your Son's Holy and precious name...
Amen.

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
A small update...my mom is in contact with her aunt who has power of attorney over my grandmother. They are working on getting her into a nursing home and on Friday they will be starting to prepare for her funeral. They say that it winds up being cheaper if you start to plan early...I guess so everything's not so last minute. But it's a really strange feeling to know that you're planning for someone's funeral...even though they're still alive.

What makes me saddest about this whole thing is my grandmother is totally oblivious to what's going on around here. That's how bad the Alzheimer's is. And it just makes me so sad that her last days (whenever they are) she won't know clue 1 about anyone who's with her and what's going on.

Thank you all for your continued prayers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.