Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I do ... and it's a ... well ... not well thought-out reply.

It was a better thought out reply than you gave.

If it's true, then what happened to the universe that God made in six days?

Never happened. The evidence tells us that that is a morality tale at best.
Are you saying there are two universes?First of all, the Bible says He is invisible ... and that means He is ... well ... invisible.

Nope. What gave you that idea?

Second of all, science is myopic.

Funny, you have never been able to show that.

Thirdly, even if He wasn't invisible, what is His name?

Who? You seem to be assuming the existence of something that you have not shown to exist. The person making a positive claim has the burden of proof. How many years have you been utterly failing at doing so has it been now?

If I wanted to find the Loch Ness Monster, I wouldn't be asking around about Big Foot.

Bad analogy since no one has been doing anything like that. And it ignores the fact that the burden of proof for claiming the Loch Ness monster exists is upon those that claim that it is real.

Perhaps you should avoid analogies altogether. For some reason most creationists just don't have the knack for using them correctly

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not known. But wherever it came from, it wasn't formed over a few days in 4004 BC. That possibility has already been eliminated.
What I'm addressing, is the point that, if God can be self-existent, then the universe can as well.

Which, of course, would mean there are two universes: a self-existent one, and one that God created in six days.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What I'm addressing, is the point that, if God can be self-existent, then the universe can as well.

Which, of course, would mean there are two universes: a self-existent one, and one that God created in six days.
No, there is only one that we know of, though its ultimate origin is unknown. The universe that God created in six days is just a story in a book.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

That is a severe logic fail. You need to go back and brush up on your basics. Your premise needs to be supported and even if your premise was correct it does not justify the solution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Unless God didn't create a universe -- then the self-existent one would be the only one.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Unless God didn't create a universe -- then the self-existent one would be the only one.
Well if you want to turn this into a game of King of the Mountain, the Bible wins by default.

Upvote 0