Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A bride received a letter and card from her dad from beyond the grave on her wedding day.

32-year-old Freya Rosati was just 11 when her dad, Philip Hargreaves, died from oesophageal cancer at the age of 53.

They used to do everything together. He’d take her to dance classes, they would watch films, and play games together; if Freya’s mom ever said ‘no’ her dad would always say ‘yes’.

But understanding his fate Philip wrote nine cards for Freya, eight for birthdays, and a final one for her wedding day in the weeks before he died.

Her mom Theresa read the card to wedding guests in lieu of Philip’s father-of-the-bride speech—leaving everyone in tears.

Continued below.

Reactions: smittymatt

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
A bride received a letter and card from her dad from beyond the grave on her wedding day.

32-year-old Freya Rosati was just 11 when her dad, Philip Hargreaves, died from oesophageal cancer at the age of 53.

They used to do everything together. He’d take her to dance classes, they would watch films, and play games together; if Freya’s mom ever said ‘no’ her dad would always say ‘yes’.

But understanding his fate Philip wrote nine cards for Freya, eight for birthdays, and a final one for her wedding day in the weeks before he died.

Her mom Theresa read the card to wedding guests in lieu of Philip’s father-of-the-bride speech—leaving everyone in tears.

Continued below.
A very touching story. A really good idea for others to do as well. Perhaps even elderly grandparents will never see their grand kids wedding and this can be a way where in a sense they can be a part of the day.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0