Aug 23, 2007
✟786,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I think that my dad is trying a new scheme to destroy my ability to practice my faith.

He started bringing up a strange topic (for me it is strange). He started saying how he wants to invite relatives (Muslim) from Pakistan to stay at the house for at least two weeks. Specifically, he said 15 days, because over 40 years ago, when his sister came over from Pakistan, that’s how long they stayed. I was too young to remember it. My dad used to say how difficult the visit was. I told him that this was fcking insane and that I couldn’t handle it, and he acted like I was crazy for saying that. I even asked him what relatives, and he didn’t have an answer. I think he was being hypothetical, but what if one day he wants it for real? He was saying how he is too geographically far away from his heritage, and this is a terrible sign for me. I think he’s trying to trap me into all this. Once again, excuse me for what I’m about to say but I am really not liking him right now. I don’t even think I like him anymore, actually. He has inflicted too much psychological damage from this religion stuff, and this just makes it worse. I hope this never actually comes to fruition. I’d never be able to get out of this ☹

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,604.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You can keep your faith and still honour and love your parents, their faith may be different from yours but you have the right to choose, just do not enter into any arguments and keep an ultra low profile if your relatives from Pakistan do visit, I assume you are young and living with your parents but I cannot know as cannot view your profile. also know believing in Christ is a calling, do not hate your parents for for having a different faith? ( i assume they are Muslims) , maybe one day they will understand. About practising your faith, it is simple, be good and do good around you.

Blessings

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I think that my dad is trying a new scheme to destroy my ability to practice my faith.

He started bringing up a strange topic (for me it is strange). He started saying how he wants to invite relatives (Muslim) from Pakistan to stay at the house for at least two weeks. Specifically, he said 15 days, because over 40 years ago, when his sister came over from Pakistan, that’s how long they stayed. I was too young to remember it. My dad used to say how difficult the visit was. I told him that this was fcking insane and that I couldn’t handle it, and he acted like I was crazy for saying that. I even asked him what relatives, and he didn’t have an answer. I think he was being hypothetical, but what if one day he wants it for real? He was saying how he is too geographically far away from his heritage, and this is a terrible sign for me. I think he’s trying to trap me into all this. Once again, excuse me for what I’m about to say but I am really not liking him right now. I don’t even think I like him anymore, actually. He has inflicted too much psychological damage from this religion stuff, and this just makes it worse. I hope this never actually comes to fruition. I’d never be able to get out of this ☹
At his age it is more missing kin, going down memory lane, and loneliness.

How old is he, if I may ask?

His sister is up there in age also.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟786,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
At his age it is more missing kin, going down memory lane, and loneliness.

How old is he, if I may ask?

His sister is up there in age also.
All his siblings are gone. He doesn't care to talk to much to the younger generation because of the generation gap - it feels kind of awkward for him. He keeps in touch for formality's sake. I hate to sound bad, but I think it's not as much about memory lane as it is about trying to do whatever he can to sabotage my walk with God. I'm sorry to say that :( Most of the time, he doesn't even like people coming over very much, because it cramps his style.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
All his siblings are gone. He doesn't care to talk to much to the younger generation because of the generation gap - it feels kind of awkward for him. He keeps in touch for formality's sake. I hate to sound bad, but I think it's not as much about memory lane as it is about trying to do whatever he can to sabotage my walk with God. I'm sorry to say that :( Most of the time, he doesn't even like people coming over very much, because it cramps his style.
Sounds like grumpy old men style.
Or an old dog barking at a fly.

He just wants attention IMHO.
And guidance.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I continue to pray for my loved ones who do not yet know the Lord.

God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts, His ways are higher than our ways.
(Isaiah 55:8-9)

Maybe something in these news articles will be an encouragement to you ...

From November 2023 ...

From January 2024 ...

It does seem that God is currently working in the hearts and lives of many Muslims ...

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like grumpy old men style.
Or an old dog barking at a fly.

He just wants attention IMHO.
And guidance.
There is always something more behind the grump.

If he faces the Church is correct he faces taking your mother away.
He faces his own kin who died without the Church.

So offer him an olive branch because this unsettles him greatly for those he loves.
That the Lord will always have mercy on whom HE will have mercy.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Might be time to give him a talking to. "Dad, if you force me to be a Muslim I will hate you and desert you at the first opportunity and leave you all alone. If you let me live as a Christian I will love you and be near you all of your life. Choose one. It's your future. Choose wisely, but do it today."

This is just a suggestion. I don't know your circumstances well enough to know if this sort of thing would work.

Upvote 0