Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It seems pretty reasonable to refer to rogue terrorist nations as Satan. I don't know that they really could have picked a better two as their examples.
Isaiah 5:20 said:
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Upvote 0

Herman Hedning

Hiking is fun
Mar 2, 2004
N 57° 44', E 12° 00'
Visit site
✟735,203.00
Faith
Humanist
Yes, AV, we know you are fiercely pro-Israel. But I hope you understand that the Greater Satan and Lesser Satan in Muslim rhetoric is a political notion, and not a religious one. And a recent notion at that. The alleged "satans" have shifted around a lot over the years. Not long ago, the Lesser Satan was the Soviet Union. France has also had satanic status for a while.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just feel as though a country that harbors known terrorists and provides weapons to terrorists should be considered a rogue terrorist state. I understand that you support terrorism. I don't.

343338GMOL_w.jpg

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Ya --- Muhammad tried that with the Bible too --- and it didn't work.

He taught that God had a threefold plan of redemption for all of mankind:

• Step One = Moses = convert humanity to Judaism.
  • Step Two = Jesus = convert Jews to Christianity.
  • Step Three = Muhammad himself = convert Christians to Islam.
Only when it came to implementing Step Three, those who knew their Bibles [correctly] accused him of being a false prophet instead.

Only Muhammed wasn't converting Christians, he was converting the Persians.

This infuriated him, and the man who once embraced Christianity now became one of its biggest adversaries.

Muhammed never "embraced" Christianity. What have you been smoking?

Why do you think they call us the Great Satan today?

Because we plant military bases on their holy lands?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Muhammed never "embraced" Christianity. What have you been smoking?

He didn't, huh? What are these?

Wikipedia said:
According to Welch, the Qur'anic verses at this time were not "based on a dogmatic conception of monotheism but on a strong general moral and religious appeal". Its key themes include the moral responsibility of man towards his creator; the resurrection of dead, God's final judgment followed by vivid descriptions of the tortures in hell and pleasures in Paradise...

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You could start by descibing environments, locations, recording vitals, and objective behavior during/involving mystic or religious experiences.
Oh, my -- I'll try.

I'm not sure what good that will do, but for what it's worth:

You walk [objective behavior] into a room [location] with a table and a box sitting on top of the table.[environment] The box is 1 cubic foot in size and shape, and has no bottom. [vitals]

I lift the box straight up to show you there is nothing on the table, then I put the box back down. [objective behavior]

When I lift the box up a second time, there sits an apple on the table. [objective behavior, [[changed]] environment]

Question: Assuming this was an actual act of ex nihilo creation, what would be different than if I would have used sleight-of-hand to produce the apple? [specific question]

I'm looking for a specific scientific answer. [objective request]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.