Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that the physical differences between humans and chimps is due to a difference in the DNA sequence of their respective genomes?
That is a part of it, but there is more to it than that. Unless you want to show us the theme to planet of the apes.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does Dean Ornish have to say about evolution?
That is actually why I am here to find out what the contribution is of Evolution to Medicine. As it turns out not much, contrary to popular believe. I really was hoping that they were making more of a contribution then they are in this area. You would get a LOT further using creationism then you would evolution when confronting this issue.

http://www.happyhealthylonglife.com/happy_healthy_long_life/2009/04/evolution-medicine.html

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is actually why I am here to find out what the contribution is of Evolution to Medicine. As it turns out not much, contrary to popular believe. I really was hoping that they were making more of a contribution then they are in this area. You would get a LOT further using creationism then you would evolution when confronting this issue.

http://www.happyhealthylonglife.com/happy_healthy_long_life/2009/04/evolution-medicine.html

Clearly, your reading, has been limited.

I understand though.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey man, your choice. Crank up those defense mechanisms.
Clearly another case of projection because I am just trying to get at the truth. With science all your going to get is half truth. People are very happy if half of what you give them is true. Even if the other half never pans out. Christians are held to a higher standard then what Science is able to maintain.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Clearly, your reading, has been limited.

I understand though.
There is very limited material to read dealing with the contribution that evolution makes to health. There contribution tends to be lets treat the symptoms and never look into the cause approach.

upload_2015-9-1_19-41-20.jpeg

Upvote 0

whois

rational
Mar 7, 2015
✟3,336.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That is actually why I am here to find out what the contribution is of Evolution to Medicine.
evolution makes no contribution to medicine, ask your doctor the next time you visit him or her if they use the theory of evolution in their daily practice.
OTOH, genetic research can provide valuable insights and possible cures to a lot of illness and disease.
controlled testing will be far more valuable to medicine than evolution will ever be.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is very limited material to read dealing with the contribution that evolution makes to health. There contribution tends to be lets treat the symptoms and never look into the cause approach.

View attachment 162740

Uh huh.

Whatever you do, don't ask Francis Collins, who is a physician, geneticist and devout Christian.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Clearly another case of projection because I am just trying to get at the truth. With science all your going to get is half truth. People are very happy if half of what you give them is true. Even if the other half never pans out. Christians are held to a higher standard then what Science is able to maintain.

Well, keep trying, you may get lucky.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you sure about that?

Google scholar turns up hundreds of thousands of articles dealing with human evolution and how it relates to our health.
I am looking more for preventive medicine or the contribution of evolution to diet and nutrition. I already acknowledged their contribution to treating the symptoms and not dealing with the root cause of the real issues we are dealing with today.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
I am looking more for preventive medicine or the contribution of evolution to diet and nutrition. I already acknowledged their contribution to treating the symptoms and not dealing with the root cause of the real issues we are dealing with today.

You are unaware of the role evolution has played in the development on lactose tolerance/intolerance? To our inability to produce our own vitamin C? Of the changed function of our appendix in digestion?

These are just 3 off the top of my head.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

That would be your indoctrination talking.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Really?

What medical contributions have creationists made using creationism?

Upvote 0