Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. The heart sounds more like the conscious of a person.

The NLT is a loose translation and it changes everything away from what word for word translations say. Here is every verse from Psa 73(ESV). And the conscious is the best use of the heart.

Psalms 73:1
Truly God is good to Israel,
to those who are pure in heart.

Psalms 73:7
Their eyes swell out through fatness;
their hearts overflow with follies.

Psalms 73:13
All in vain have I kept my heart clean
and washed my hands in innocence.

Psalms 73:21
When my soul was embittered,
when I was pricked in heart,

Psalms 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
The passage was quoting Psalms 73:26, your version say the same thing in different words. I am sorry but attacking a very good translation and widely excepted translation is just not creditable. You quoted the ESV The dean of my school and who i have taken number of classes under was on the Council which translated that version. His name is dr Ed Hindson. It is not the most literal the ones that are are the KJV, and ASB, and they still say the same thing but it is harder to understand.

So when The conscious tells the person they did wrong, what happens, they feel guilt, when they do right what happens the feel joy it is all feelings. When God said he will come into your heart what do you think that meant our physical heart, when God said he wants our heart think he wants to rip it from our chest? He wants us to Love him. Come into our heart he wants us to feel him. If a person can not feel God it shows that Christian is not mature in their understanding of God. I feel God ever day, i hear Him to, He is the voice that tells me do right, take this road, follow me. Do you think we dwell in God and Him in us but we have no connection to Him? You still did not address all my points, are you sure you want to debate this, because it feels alot like you are looking for hole in the armor. You attack the translation which shows you can not attack the arugement.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. The heart sounds more like the conscious of a person.

The NLT is a loose translation and it changes everything away from what word for word translations say. Here is every verse from Psa 73(ESV). And the conscious is the best use of the heart.

Psalms 73:1
Truly God is good to Israel,
to those who are pure in heart.

Psalms 73:7
Their eyes swell out through fatness;
their hearts overflow with follies.

Psalms 73:13
All in vain have I kept my heart clean
and washed my hands in innocence.

Psalms 73:21
When my soul was embittered,
when I was pricked in heart,

Psalms 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
The heart would actually involve everything that makes up your being. While emotions are included it is much more than emotions. But we also know that the heart is deceitful and desperately wicked and we do not even know it.

(Jer 17:7) Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

(Jer 17:8) For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

(Jer 17:9) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

(Jer 17:10) I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

We can never trust our hearts and especially our emotions. Emotions stirred by music are often felt strongly but we would be fools to think that they define truth. The fact is that what we may be experiencing emotionally may be true but they also may not. We may be deceiving ourselves or being deceived. Our only guide and rule by which we can know truth from deception is the Word of God as opened up by the Spirit of God. When the Spirit opens the Word He shines the light in the face of Jesus Christ.

(Joh 16:13) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

(Joh 16:14) He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

(Joh 16:15) All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Satan sends his minions into churches as pastors and "Christian Colleges" as minsters of righteousness to deceive mush heads. 2Cor. 11:15 He gets people involved in dynamic equivalent translations that mislead and deceive. He is subtle and tricky. He makes everything wrong appear right because it is just shy of truth. He points people to trust their emotions and think that they see and hear Jesus. If they did ever actually see Him they would not be speaking about Him as they do.

False religion that goes by the name of "Christian" is probably the most deadly of all to the souls of men.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedsjr
Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟61,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it depends on the lyrics. That "Take me to church" song that was out of the pop charts a few months ago was pretty sacrilegious!

As turtles are genetically predisposed to return to Galapagos, I turned 30 and started listening to country music...I hated country for most of my life, and now it's about all I listen to.

If you want the real deal check out Hank Sr.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟61,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your term"country to country" threw me off.
Wasn't sure whether you were mocking my post or that you are a fan of Hank Sr?
My vocabulary isn't what most would refer to as "wide".

Reactions: mikedsjr
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your term"country to country" threw me off.
Wasn't sure whether you were mocking my post or that you are a fan of Hank Sr?
My vocabulary isn't what most would refer to as "wide".
I am neither. I was a Hank Jr fan though growing up. Sr was a bit to old school for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟61,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am neither. I was a Hank Jr fan though growing up. Sr was a bit to old school for me.

I understand what you mean. I was a bit put off by his sryle at first.
But since I began listening more and more to his music I began to understand that he was ahead of his time (though not with regard to his backup music).
What I admire about Sr. Is that he was real. No pretentious twang, nothing phony about his lyrics or performances. Soon it became apparent to me that he was much more than just a country music singer. He was a true blues artist. He learned to play guitar from black blues players in on street corners and in some of the most rundown areas of human habitation.
As a result of this he developed a very soft heart for blacks and picked up on the styles and messages they were conveying. Also, rock and roll has it's roots buried deap in the heart of Hank. He was one of a kind. He was real. He made no apologies for his critics to feed off of.
Many, myself included, compare him to Bob Dylan. He wrote and performed what was in his heart. I have to respect that in any artist.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟61,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's a song that I think makes my point. Just read there lyrics without listening to the song. These are not the words of a country/western singer.
Also, simply reading the words to I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, I can see the heart of Hank Williams as timeless.

HANK WILLIAMS
Ramblin' Man Lyrics

I can settle down
And be doin' just fine
'Till I hear an old freight
Rollin' down the line
Then I hurry straight
Home and pack
And if I didn't go
I believe I'd blow my stack
I love you, baby
But you gotta understand
When the lord made me
He made a ramblin' man

Some folks might say
That I'm no good
That I wouldn't settle
Down if I could
But when that open road
Starts to callin' me
There's somethin' o'er the hill
That I gotta see
Sometimes it's hard
But you gotta understand
When the lord made me
He made a ramblin' man

I love to see the towns
A-passin' by
And to ride these rails
'Neath god's blue sky
Let me travel this land
From the mountains to the sea
'Cause that's the life I believe
He meant for me
And when I'm gone
And at my grave you stand
Just say God's called home
Your ra-amblin' man

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Here's a song that I think makes my point. Just read there lyrics without listening to the song. These are not the words of a country/western singer.
Also, simply reading the words to I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, I can see the heart of Hank Williams as timeless.

HANK WILLIAMS
Ramblin' Man Lyrics

I can settle down
And be doin' just fine
'Till I hear an old freight
Rollin' down the line
Then I hurry straight
Home and pack
And if I didn't go
I believe I'd blow my stack
I love you, baby
But you gotta understand
When the lord made me
He made a ramblin' man

Some folks might say
That I'm no good
That I wouldn't settle
Down if I could
But when that open road
Starts to callin' me
There's somethin' o'er the hill
That I gotta see
Sometimes it's hard
But you gotta understand
When the lord made me
He made a ramblin' man

I love to see the towns
A-passin' by
And to ride these rails
'Neath god's blue sky
Let me travel this land
From the mountains to the sea
'Cause that's the life I believe
He meant for me
And when I'm gone
And at my grave you stand
Just say God's called home
Your ra-amblin' man

Yeah see after living that life style, i can not stand the words. I see nothing but heart break in those words. Guess that is why I stop listening to many songs I used to love. i lived it, they promoted it and I thought that was it. After living I think they were foolish and I was to for following them. I follow what is real and true now God. I am after God, and one day I will get there and this time it won't be a waste.

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Given that the Lord is the creator of music, whether it's used for good or for bad, music, being mathematical, belongs to the One who created the laws of physics that govern all math, and therefore music. When I compose music, sound engineer it, and then mix it, all the glory and ownership belongs to the Lord. That's my testimony.

Whether I use and record a cathedral pipe organ, or finger clinkers in the studio, or set up our orchestra and band in an abandoned warehouse for the acoustics, It still belongs to the Lord.

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Ffourwindsangels%2Fjam-musings
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Ffourwindsangels%2Ffaith-ballad
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Ffourwindsangels%2Fspiritual-adventure

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums