MSNBC Video-Article September 3rd : Huckabee: Kim Davis is following Kentucky law

Blank Stair

1 Peter 3:16
Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
She may be following Kentucky law but she is also ignoring a federal court order. I don't know Kentucky's laws but I'm sure ignoring a direct order from a judge isn't one of them.
Since she's in jail it would appear she's following what she swore to do.Exercise her judgment.

Upvote 0

gpldisciple

Disciple
Sep 2, 2014
Chico, CA USA
✟740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I support the foundation of her stand, that being she is obeying The Word of God.
However I can not support her actions. When she was ordered to issue, and she refused, she should have resigned.
The actions she has taken have given the enemy ammunition, they can use her as another example of a judgmental Christian who hates gays. I am assuming she does not hate anyone, but she went too far.

Upvote 0

Blank Stair

Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I support the foundation of her stand, that being she is obeying The Word of God.
However I can not support her actions. When she was ordered to issue, and she refused, she should have resigned.
The actions she has taken have given the enemy ammunition, they can use her as another example of a judgmental Christian who hates gays. I am assuming she does not hate anyone, but she went too far.
The enemy would have used her as an example had she resigned.
They'd have taken it as a sign and would have exploited the resignation as an indicator she's weak in her faith. And they would have been bolstered in their behaviors toward Christians in the process. Being emboldened by the fact that their push causes a woman to surrender the job that allows her to survive herself in Kentucky with a paying job.

They'd have seen it as one less Christian in their way. And by the way, these type radical leftists with an LGBTQ agenda already think Christians hate them. Her resignation would never change that. Nor will telling them that we don't hate them ever get through.
Whereas their hate for us is easily proven when this clerk's life was threatened according to what's been said in these forums. And her house threatened to be burned down. Tolerance is demanded but not granted.
Terrorist threats happened also in other cases in the news wherein Christians held to their faith and refused to service LGBTQ weddings.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The enemy would have used her as an example had she resigned.
They'd have taken it as a sign and would have exploited the resignation as an indicator she's weak in her faith. And they would have been bolstered in their behaviors toward Christians in the process. Being emboldened by the fact that their push causes a woman to surrender the job that allows her to survive herself in Kentucky with a paying job.

They'd have seen it as one less Christian in their way. And by the way, these type radical leftists with an LGBTQ agenda already think Christians hate them. Her resignation would never change that. Nor will telling them that we don't hate them ever get through.
Whereas their hate for us is easily proven when this clerk's life was threatened according to what's been said in these forums. And her house threatened to be burned down. Tolerance is demanded but not granted.
Terrorist threats happened also in other cases in the news wherein Christians held to their faith and refused to service LGBTQ weddings.

If she resigned, after the supreme court denied her appeal, I would have no problem with her, because she is entitled to have her personal faith.

What she is not entitled to, is to have her personal faith, impact the people that come into her office to get legal marriage licenses and also considering, she took an oath to uphold the law.

So, if she resigned after she lost the appeal, I would say fine. Then, she could do whatever she could legally do, to dedicate her life, talking against gay marriage, but not including breaking the law.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
She's not obeying the word of God.

Reactions: Red Fox
Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
She's not obeying the word of God.

As a non-Christian, I would have respected her if she had honored her conflicted conscience and resigned her position quietly, without making a fuss.

But since she has been putting up such a rebellious front, defying court orders, and making herself look like a martyr, I only see her as a self-righteous hypocrite now.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As a non-Christian, I would have respected her if she had honored her conflicted conscience and resigned her position quietly, without making a fuss.

But since she has been putting up such a rebellious front, defying court orders, and making herself look like a martyr, I only see her as a self-righteous hypocrite now.

Many likely feel the same way, for good reason.

She doesn't strike me as the "brightest bulb" either, but that is just my opinion.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Darn, I wish I could refuse to do the work I get paid to do and get people to defend me for being a lazy coward online.

"I AM SO AGAINST WHAT WE ARE BEING TOLD TO DO THAT I STILL WISH TO BE PAID FOR NOT DOING WHAT WE ARE TOLD MADE TO DO."

Such bravery. Much morality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can agree with this... for the most part.

I can definitely see and respect a person who will stand up for what they believe in no matter who is telling them they shouldn't. But as you point out, the logical thing to do would be to resign from the position if it conflicts with your beliefs.

It's unfortunate that the nature of her profession put her in that position but, such is life. You adjust and you move on. The law is what it is. Gays can legally marry and she doesn't have the authority to determine who can marry and who cannot and she certainly can't decide to not grant any marriage licenses at all to anyone just because of her belief that gays shouldn't marry. Sorry, that's not your decision to make mrs. clerk of the court. If you don't like the law, there are avenues to have the laws changed but ignoring a federal judge's orders isn't going to make any changes to the law and you're only going to bring harm unto yourself.

Which I have half a mind to think that is exactly what she wants. She gets her time in the spotlight, she gets to be a martyr to millions of Christians who don't know the meaning of the word martyr or what real persecution is like.

She asked for this and so I feel no pity for her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If she resigned, after the supreme court denied her appeal, I would have no problem with her, because she is entitled to have her personal faith.

What she is not entitled to, is to have her personal faith, impact the people that come into her office to get legal marriage licenses and also considering, she took an oath to uphold the law.

So, if she resigned after she lost the appeal, I would say fine. Then, she could do whatever she could legally do, to dedicate her life, talking against gay marriage, but not including breaking the law.
Isn't it funny how they assume the very worst of us when all we've been saying is that she should do the job she is being paid to do and she was elected for or, resign if she doesn't want to do it. It really is that simple. It's not about her beliefs. It's not about her being Christian. I'd tell an atheist the exact same thing. Do your job or quit if you can't do it for whatever reason. You can't have your cake and eat it too and then force others to not be able to have any cake because of an ancient book you like to read that says they shouldn't have any cake, just because your position you were elected to grants you that power. As she surely found out today, it doesn't.

I honestly had no idea the duties of a court clerk included looking out for the spiritual well-being of the people coming into the court for their legal business they need to take care of. Did you know that, bhsmte?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would appear that the OP is saying that you aren't a christian.

Tsk.
Which is possibly why the OP didn't respond to my question.... given it would be against TOS to do so.:preach:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Poor Beggar

Everything is everywhere.
Aug 21, 2015
Arizona
✟9,600.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The actions she has taken have given the enemy ammunition, they can use her as another example of a judgmental Christian who hates gays.
But that also gives this country a chance to have a conversation about what hate actually is.

Reactions: Blank Stair
Upvote 0

Blank Stair

Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
But that also gives this country a chance to have a conversation about what hate actually is.
Indeed.
For instance, what is often overlooked is the hate members of the LGBTQ community demonstrate. As when they threaten to kill a clerk of the court, and/or burn her house down.
Just as occurred when bakers in various states suffered the same threats. That is hate! It's not cloaking itself in the artificial label of christian. Rather, it is sounding off in the name of LGBTQ rights!

It does give us an opportunity to talk about hate. The hate that is present is in those LGBTQ members that threaten to kill Christians. It's in those violent thugs that invoke the name of Christ while trying to stomp someone to death.
What hate is not is Christianity.

What the LGBTQ community ignore is when Christians declare, even on forums like this, that their concern isn't one that comes from a place of hate. But rather love! But those who are so opposed to the love of Christ see it as hate and that explains how vision is compromised by the curtain of a fallen nature that obscures all else save for that which looks like the best route to take to keep defiling ones self.
God have mercy.

Reactions: TheoNewstoss
Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat

I agree. Had she just said, it's against my beliefs to do this, and since I am no longer able to do my duty as a clerk, I am resigning.

I still would consider her views on gays wrong, but at least she would have taken the more Christian attitude in expressing her beliefs and not defrauding tax payers for refusing to do her job.

Upvote 0

Poor Beggar

Everything is everywhere.
Aug 21, 2015
Arizona
✟9,600.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Indeed.
For instance, what is often overlooked is the hate members of the LGBTQ community demonstrate. As when they threaten to kill a clerk of the court, and/or burn her house down.
Just as occurred when bakers in various states suffered the same threats. That is hate! It's not cloaking itself in the artificial label of christian. Rather, it is sounding off in the name of LGBTQ rights!

It does give us an opportunity to talk about hate. The hate that is present is in those LGBTQ members that threaten to kill Christians. It's in those violent thugs that invoke the name of Christ while trying to stomp someone to death.
What hate is not is Christianity.

What the LGBTQ community ignore is when Christians declare, even on forums like this, that their concern isn't one that comes from a place of hate. But rather love! But those who are so opposed to the love of Christ see it as hate and that explains how vision is compromised by the curtain of a fallen nature that obscures all else save for that which looks like the best route to take to keep defiling ones self.
God have mercy.
That's what happens when we arrogantly assume that we can define what love is, when anyone who's experienced it can automatically perceive it comes from a source greater than ourselves. Therefore, that source defines it, not us. It's the height of hubris.

Upvote 0