MSNBC Video-Article September 3rd : Huckabee: Kim Davis is following Kentucky law

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I agree. Had she just said, it's against my beliefs to do this, and since I am no longer able to do my duty as a clerk, I am resigning.

I still would consider her views on gays wrong, but at least she would have taken the more Christian attitude in expressing her beliefs and not defrauding tax payers for refusing to do her job.

Yes, I agree. She should have done the honorable thing and humbly resigned rather than continuing to pander for all this public attention and publicity.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread had a clean up. There were many violations including:

Flaming and Goading
Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
● Do not attack another member's character or actions in any way, address only the content of their post and not the member personally.
● NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, or smileys clearly meant to goad.

Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
Only the person to whom the post is addressed may report the other. Anyone may report generalized flames or goads which are addressed to a group of members.
Moderators have the right to report egregious violations of flaming or goading.
Clear violations of the flaming rule will result in bans.

Personal attacks are NOT okay.
Vulgarity and Profanity
Please do not post violent, disturbing, graphic, or sexually explicit images or text. Profanity or foul language is not allowed. This includes using punctuation or acronyms to bypass the profanity filter and a few non-censored words found here.

If you have to use punctuation to post a word - do not post it!! It is filtered for a reason.

Statement of Purpose and Off-Topic
Read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose. Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

The Statement of Purpose for this particular forum includes:
Articles related to homosexuality or gay issues/events may not be discussed in News & Current Events. Homosexuality may only be discussed, without promotion, in our Congregation forums. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues. Political, legal, historical and civil rights issues related to gay rights may be discussed in American Politics but may not be directed toward the morality of homosexuality or same-sex marriage.
READ IT.
Copyright Legalities, Spamming and Advertising, Signatures
Quoted portions of any work should not exceed 20% of the total work. Materials owned by the Associated Press must be quoted using only one sentence. All quoted copyrighted material must be linked to the web page from which it was taken. Do not violate the copyrights of others or promote another work as your own.

What you may talk about is the legal issues of her action, religious conviction in relationship to doing a job, and states rights over federal law.

Hesitantly reopening this - but will be watching it.

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If she resigned, after the supreme court denied her appeal, I would have no problem with her, because she is entitled to have her personal faith.

What she is not entitled to, is to have her personal faith, impact the people that come into her office to get legal marriage licenses and also considering, she took an oath to uphold the law.

So, if she resigned after she lost the appeal, I would say fine. Then, she could do whatever she could legally do, to dedicate her life, talking against gay marriage, but not including breaking the law.

Also, she wasn't even allowing Christian couples to get a marriage license to get married. How is that taking a stand for God? God believes in marriage.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I agree. Had she just said, it's against my beliefs to do this, and since I am no longer able to do my duty as a clerk, I am resigning.

I still would consider her views on gays wrong, but at least she would have taken the more Christian attitude in expressing her beliefs and not defrauding tax payers for refusing to do her job.

Evidently, she was offered the chance to not issue licenses herself if deputy clerks could issue the licenses (and there are at least some that didn't have a problem with issuing them). However, she refused that offer and would not allow any licenses to be issued (not just to gay couples). She is basically punishing all couples who wish to get a marriage license just so she doesn't have to issue licenses to the couples she doesn't want to issue them to. How does that honor God. God ordained marriage. Why is she not issuing marriage licenses to these other couples?

Upvote 0