Mount Ararat is 17,000 ft high and it is where the Ark came to rest after the flood.

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
This is the only verse I find Ararat mentioned in Genesis:

And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

It doesn't say that the ark rested at the top of Ararat. The use of the plural "mountains" suggests that the ark landed in the vicinity of Ararat, not on the mountain itself.

Upvote 0

BandyOne

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,967.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I just thought it was a bit strange for it to go to ground on the top of a mountain, it's a long time to wait for the waters to
recede down to the plains, don't forget Noah is feeding every animal every day until they can find food to feed themselves.
but I suppose God had to step in at the end and provide food for everything and perhaps water because they would have
run out a long time before then. (I feel a fool writing this load of rubbish, so imagine how I would feel if I believed it)

Upvote 0

BandyOne

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,967.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Given enough evidence, yes I can

Do I?, no since I have not come across any such evidence

Read the bible it has evidence by the bucket load, well not exactly evidence, but
bucket loads of words, and I am sure words count as evidence, up until now they
have, the preachers swear by them so that must be evidence, they seem to think
so anyway, they wouldn't be fooling us would they? no, they are honest and upright
people who have nothing to gain by lying to us, plus the fact if they do lie they will
not go to heaven, but if they are lying there is no heaven, so I wont be going to
heaven either, they can't be lying I would know, I'm not stupid, am I?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BandyOne

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,967.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
what makes you so sure this mountain was this high when the flood happened?

edit: oops this reply was meant for the OP

You have changed the rules again,

I was under the impression the world was different BEFORE the flood,
and the world is as it is since the flood, so the mountain is as high now AFTER the flood.
Please make up your mind how you want it to be, if you keep changing the rules how can
we argue with you?
Write things down so you wont forget how it's supposed to be, otherwise we will all get confused,
if you don't, our arguments will become meaningless and have little to do with reality, then the
next thing we know we will be talking rubbish about things that might not have happened at all,
and we would not want that, would we?
So please sort yourself out and get things firmly fixed in your head before you make a statement,
that way we will all know what rubbish we are talking about.

Upvote 0

lemmings

Veteran
Nov 5, 2006
California
✟18,469.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
what makes you so sure this mountain was this high when the flood happened?
Because in real life, mountains don't grow as fast as trees. Well, I guess it would need to grow faster considering that some trees are older than the Flood itself and they are still just a few hundred feet tall.

PS: Why is the oldest living tree nearly 400 years older than the Flood? Wasn't God suppost to kill those things, right?:confused:

Upvote 0

supersport

Aug 10, 2006
Texas
✟1,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have changed the rules again,

I was under the impression the world was different BEFORE the flood,
and the world is as it is since the flood, so the mountain is as high now AFTER the flood.
Please make up your mind how you want it to be, if you keep changing the rules how can
we argue with you?

this is my first comment on this thread...how could I change the rules? I don't know if mountains were as high back then or not...I was simply asking a question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

I_Love_Cheese

Veteran
Jun 1, 2006
✟9,374.00
Faith
Agnostic
this is my first comment on this thread...how could I change the rules? I don't know if mountains were as high back then or not...I was simply asking a question.
Well is it your uneducated opinion that mountains can grow thousands of feet in one year while at the same time the water covering them is cutting chanells thousands of feet deep?

Upvote 0

supersport

Aug 10, 2006
Texas
✟1,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well is it your uneducated opinion that mountains can grow thousands of feet in one year while at the same time the water covering them is cutting chanells thousands of feet deep?

I do not believe mountains could formed being pushed up one millimeter at a time over thouands or millions of years....such a thing looks like it was probably a result of a sudden crash of land masses.

Upvote 0

BandyOne

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,967.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I do not believe mountains could formed being pushed up one millimeter at a time over thouands or millions of years....such a thing looks like it was probably a result of a sudden crash of land masses.

Fact, the US moves away from Europe by 1/4 of an inch every year.
So in 100 million years (not long in geological terms) the US will be nearly 400 miles further away.

Upvote 0