Mount Ararat is 17,000 ft high and it is where the Ark came to rest after the flood.

BandyOne

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,967.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You might as well receive your imaginary payout now because because
1) I am not going to be dictated to by somebody who has not even bothered to have any civil dicscussion with me on an issue
2) turn the purpose of an internet forum from the level of discussion into a scientifice peer review panel made up of an unfriendly member of one
3) Waste my time on an issue trying to satisfy somebody who by their attitude is not likely to be satisfied whatever supporting data was presented.

Is he good or is he good, he never fails to let you down,
you can rely on A4C to come up trumps every time.

He has never knowingly answered a question, so why should he answer one now.

I hope he starts another thread and really shows you what he is capable of, sometimes he's on fire.

Upvote 0

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Congratulations Kerr you just qualified for ignorship

Another one bites the dust. Can some other Christian please explain to me why fellow believers act in this manner?

Do you all think it is a coincidence that when asked for actual quantitative backup on a topic all these Creationists either go quiet or look for any measly
excuse to get out of providing substance? It is no wonder the entire Creationst community and its followers are often looked upon as terrible examples of Christianity because of their actions in this area.

Does anyone believe that A4C's putting me on ignore is anything but an excuse to avoid providing support for his nonsensical physical model?

Why the song and dance? Just a polite "No I cannot provide a mathematical basis" would have been the honest and Christian approach.

Reactions: Baggins
Upvote 0

I_Love_Cheese

Veteran
Jun 1, 2006
✟9,374.00
Faith
Agnostic
I am willing to wager $1,000,000 virtual internet message board dollars that he wont even attempt a mathematical backup of his claims (since he cannot) .
Oh he could do it, and it would be very interesting, he might learn about orders of magnitude and even inverse square ratios and heck even something about the properties of spheres. Imagine the physics and mechanics that will be involved in generating this model, why I think it may have already even have been done and led to some conclusions that you and I are familiar with.

Upvote 0

Baggins

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
At Sea
✟14,982.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I do not believe mountains could formed being pushed up one millimeter at a time over thouands or millions of years....such a thing looks like it was probably a result of a sudden crash of land masses.

despite the fact that GPS shows this to be happening today.

That's a remarkable ability to be able to ignore factual evidence sport.

But we expect that from you:)

Upvote 0

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A4C... my questuion is... would slight shifts in the Earth's center of gravity result in the changes you are talking about?

Ask him to show it from physical theory. I did and his response was to claim he was putting me on ignore.

A very slippery eel indeed.

Upvote 0

lemmings

Veteran
Nov 5, 2006
California
✟18,469.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
A4C... my questuion is... would slight shifts in the Earth's center of gravity result in the changes you are talking about?
Not unless you employed some form of anti-gravity, asuming it repels. (Awaits dad's next proposition regarding the past universe)

Upvote 0

A4C

Secrecy and Christ likeness cannot co-exist
Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
All I can say is that it need not be overlooked when considering the posibility together with "extra" water making the submersion of Mt Everest feasible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
All I can say is that it need not be overlooked when considering the posibility together with "extra" water making the submersion of Mt Everest feasible.
sure... but do you have any idea about what kind of shift in the core would be required to produce the phenomena we are discussing here? Has anyone done the math?

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
sure... but do you have any idea about what kind of shift in the core would be required to produce the phenomena we are discussing here? Has anyone done the math?
A huge amount of data collection concerning the volumes of Flood redistributed soil coverage of the planet, would have to be completed before any calculations would be meaningful. It saddens me that the importance of this type of research has been lost on 200 years worth of scientific ignorance on such matters.

Upvote 0

Siderite

Nov 28, 2006
✟7,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A huge amount of data collection concerning the volumes of Flood redistributed soil coverage of the planet, would have to be completed before any calculations would be meaningful. It saddens me that the importance of this type of research has been lost on 200 years worth of scientific ignorance on such matters.
You should take up the challenge and do the research A4C.

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
You should take up the challenge and do the research A4C.
Yes I suppose I could pack up some fishhooks and put a bicycle , bow and arrows and a tape measure in a small boat and row around the world doing it eh? That way it would keep the costs down and there would not be any evolutionist taxpayers complaining about funds being sqandered on meaningless research -Eh?

Upvote 0

Siderite

Nov 28, 2006
✟7,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes I suppose I could pack up some fishhooks and put a bicycle , bow and arrows and a tape measure in a small boat and row around the world doing it eh? That way it would keep the costs down and there would not be any evolutionist taxpayers complaining about funds being sqandered on meaningless research -Eh?
I don't think any research is meaningless. You have to approach it in the correct way and gather all the data. This way, you could actually prove your assertions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A huge amount of data collection concerning the volumes of Flood redistributed soil coverage of the planet, would have to be completed before any calculations would be meaningful.

NO it would not. What a complete cop out. The reason you AVOID like the plague a calculation is because you don't know how to begin and instead of admitting this you dodge around.

You do not need all this data collection. The numbers required are probably available on a Wikipdia page for crying out loud. Soil coverage??? LOL - no way do you need such information.

Upvote 0

Oonna

Trust Yourself
Mar 6, 2005
Could be anywhere!?!?
✟31,556.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
NO it would not. What a complete cop out. The reason you AVOID like the plague a calculation is because you don't know how to begin and instead of admitting this you dodge around.

You do not need all this data collection. The numbers required are probably available on a Wikipdia page for crying out loud. Soil coverage??? LOL - no way do you need such information.
Just incase you really are on his ignore...^_^

Upvote 0

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah amazing that asking for substance gets you on ignore.

I don't think a single Creationist one here as ever actually backed up a physical theory claim with any mathematics.

And you will never see such a thing either - or if you actually do it will be falling down funny.

Upvote 0