Blessed Trinity
Jan 2, 2004
✟19,496.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doc T said:
JaneKaty, if you want correct information, you might best make sure that the person responding to you has the little icon of the angel Moroni in the upper right hand corner.

While that is not the only reason, certainly what you have been told is correct in principle.

Doc

~
Ya right! As if an active believing lds person is going to tell her all about the lds undergarments and the temple rituals behind them. geesh.

Janekaty, if you want an complete and honest answer, ask an exmormon who used to attend the lds temple and wear the "sacred underwear" about it. Contrary to what what lds claim, most exlds are not liars about the lds church.

Upvote 0

happyinhisgrace

Blessed Trinity
Jan 2, 2004
✟19,496.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

christopher123

Veteran
Apr 2, 2004
✟9,052.00
Faith
Christian
Katzpur said:
JaneKaty,

If you wanted to know the truth about Jesus Christ, would you ask Judas Iscariot for his point of view?

That's just beautiful, sweetheart!

You can actually equate people who left your church to Judas? Your post is an embarrasment and you should be ashamed.

Chris <><

Upvote 0

Doc T

Senior Veteran
Oct 28, 2003
✟5,246.00
Faith
Mormon
christopher123 said:
You can actually equate people who left your church to Judas? Your post is an embarrasment and you should be ashamed.

Chris <><

Chris, No need to take it personal. I'm sure that Katzpur was only referring to those ex-LDS who think that TBMs lie, distort the truth, give half-truths and are generally duped.

Doc

~

Upvote 0

christopher123

Veteran
Apr 2, 2004
✟9,052.00
Faith
Christian
Doc T said:
Chris, No need to take it personal. I'm sure that Katzpur was only referring to those ex-LDS who think that TBMs lie, distort the truth, give half-truths and are generally duped.

Doc

~

I think your blanket covers 'em all, except the woefully stubburn or ignorant.

And if she feels that way to the point of a comparison with Judas, she is an embarrasment and should be ashamed.

Chris <><

Upvote 0

happyinhisgrace

Blessed Trinity
Jan 2, 2004
✟19,496.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
christopher123 said:
I think your blanket covers 'em all, except the woefully stubburn or ignorant.

And if she feels that way to the point of a comparison with Judas, she is an embarrasment and should be ashamed.

Chris <><
Agreed. However, what do we know, we are just "anti-mormon Judus' " , right? lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

christopher123

Veteran
Apr 2, 2004
✟9,052.00
Faith
Christian
CrownCaster said:
So then you ARE calling me a judas?

I think Doc is just playing around sticking barbs with carefully placed words.

Our new Miss Kathryn's, however, choice to equate those people who have left the church (ex-mormons) to Judas and his relationship with the Savior is pathetic. It would appear to me that she is either simple minded or caught up in a huge case of "mormon persecution syndrome."

Hopefully she will try better next time.

Chris <><

Upvote 0

CrownCaster

FlyFishers Of Men
Aug 18, 2004
✟1,995.00
Faith
Christian
christopher123 said:
I think Doc is just playing around sticking barbs with carefully placed words.

Our new Miss Kathryn's, however, choice to equate those people who have left the church (ex-mormons) to Judas and his relationship with the Savior is pathetic. It would appear to me that she is either simple minded or caught up in a huge case of "mormon persecution syndrome."

Hopefully she will try better next time.

Chris <><
I wont keep my fingers crossed.

Upvote 0

Katzpur

Sep 23, 2004
Salt Lake City
✟7,925.00
Faith
Mormon
CrownCaster said:
I wont keep my fingers crossed.
Wow! I sure pushed some buttons, didn't I? :p But sorry, folks, I'm not ashamed. You might just say I'm just starting to fight fire with fire. I don't think that one little comment I made can even begin to compare with dozens of sarcastic, insulting comments many of you have made about things I hold sacred and people I admire. The fact is, there is no one more anti-Mormon than an ex-Mormon. I don't know who offended you while you were active in the Church or what they did that was so unforgivable that you've never been able to get over it, but you are letting your hatred eat you alive. I stand by my original comment. When someone wants to know about the teachings of any religious denomination, it's always best to go to someone who is a member of that denomination. The worst place to go is to an ex-member who is so full of vengeance and bitterness that they can't be happy unless they're ridiculing their former religion and accusing its current members of being deceitful and dishonest. That's how I see it. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

happyinhisgrace

Blessed Trinity
Jan 2, 2004
✟19,496.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Katzpur said:
Wow! I sure pushed some buttons, didn't I? :p But sorry, folks, I'm not ashamed. You might just say I'm just starting to fight fire with fire. I don't think that one little comment I made can even begin to compare with dozens of sarcastic, insulting comments many of you have made about things I hold sacred and people I admire. The fact is, there is no one more anti-Mormon than an ex-Mormon. I don't know who offended you while you were active in the Church or what they did that was so unforgivable that you've never been able to get over it, but you are letting your hatred eat you alive. I stand by my original comment. When someone wants to know about the teachings of any religious denomination, it's always best to go to someone who is a member of that denomination. The worst place to go is to an ex-member who is so full of vengeance and bitterness that they can't be happy unless they're ridiculing their former religion and accusing its current members of being deceitful and dishonest. That's how I see it. If the shoe fits, wear it.
Oh good grief!

Here's a shoe for ya.

Upvote 0

Katzpur

Sep 23, 2004
Salt Lake City
✟7,925.00
Faith
Mormon
christopher123 said:
Chris
Pathetic? Nope, just an apparently effective analogy. And your guess that I may be simple-minded is too laughable for words. You don't even know me, and you've already got my IQ figured out. What a joke. (If you only knew!)

Upvote 0

CrownCaster

FlyFishers Of Men
Aug 18, 2004
✟1,995.00
Faith
Christian
Katzpur said:
The only reason I am against the lds church is because God has opened my eyes and I can see that j.s. was nothing more then a pawn to satan and that the foundation and doctrine of the lds faith is anti-Christ. My feelings of the mormon church do not eat me up. I am very secure and happy in my salvation and knowledge of Jesus Christ. The real One, not the mormon one by the way. I just dont cow down to the mormon church or its devilish heresies.

Upvote 0

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:rules: :timeout: General Warning:
The topic of this thread is Mormon underwear if you are not discussing that topic you are probably actually, or close to, violating forum rules. Who said what, to whom, in what tone, how, etc. is not a suitable discussion for any thread. If you cannot confine your reponses to the topic, excuse yourself from the discussion.

Continuing to take this thread off topic with personal recriminations will result in the thread being closed and possible warnings being issued.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.