Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
PMs will reduce the embarrassment. ;) I don't see how either of us have anything to lose by me giving you honest feedback.

Yeah, still not happening. lol I'd have a lot to lose. My dignity being one. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nekoda

May 2, 2012
✟1,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Pretty much any man I've ever heard or spoken to prefers when women don't wear a whole lot of makeup. They prefer the natural look. My dad is always sure to let me know when he thinks I have too much on. lol But what are you supposed to do when you aren't naturally beautiful?

I prefer more makeup to being bare faced or minimal. Frankly, I look horrible with no makeup. I don't feel beautiful unless I'm fully made up. Even then sometimes I don't like what I see in the mirror. So, what are y'all's opinions of makeup? Ladies, how do you feel with/without makeup?

Is that you in the profile pic? Take off the makeup and you would still be attractive.

I don't mind a little makeup - but it can be over done. Some females - chuckle - especially younger ones I've met in my life's journey - treat foundation as a substitute for good eating - you know - it's multi-layered like a cake to cover up unsightly zits.

Upvote 0

caligirl89

Mar 31, 2012
✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think good makeup should be almost indetectable ;). For the most part I don't think guys notice makeup at all unless it's glaringly obvious, like eye liner or colored shadows. I was with one of my guy friends and I was wearing mascara, a bit of foundation, blush, and brow powder (my brows are blonde so I fill them in) and he didn't think I had any makeup on. I was like actually I'm wearing a lot lol. I think if someone can't leave the house without it, they might have a self esteem problem (I know I was like that in highschool) but otherwise, makeup's fun every now and then for going out or a special event. I have platinum blonde hair and sometimes putting makeup on for the doll/fake look is fun for the night. When I do wear obvious makeup, I wear it because *I* like it and it's not for guys, so I don't personally care if they like it or not. Any guy who will judge me because I have makeup on is not the kind of person I would want in my life anyways, I don't think it's for them to judge someone else's personal grooming.

Upvote 0

ceh85

You shattered my darkness,washed away my blindness
Mar 25, 2009
✟15,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thats what I always wonder about these conversations. The guys who say that women tend to look better without makeup... I have to wonder if they're even aware that many women wear makeup in a natural way so its not immediately detected. They very well could be admiring the face of a woman with makeup on, but aren't even aware of it.

I can think of at least one conversation off the top of my head with someone who thought I wasn't wearing makeup, and thought I never actually wore makeup, and I had to correct her to tell her I was wearing makeup at that moment :p

I agree with this. Natural make up can enhance what you already have, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Every time this comes up, someone always says "Ey, you guys don't know what a woman looks like without makeup! The 'natural look' is just minimal makeup!"

Well, I DO know. I've been very close friends with a lot of women. I've seen them with a lot, a little, and no makeup. And yeah, I noticed the difference. I noticed flaws I hadn't before. I noticed that their complexions were not perfect. And you know what? I DIDN'T CARE.

Seriously, ladies. Speaking only for myself here, but I really don't care about makeup. If you want to wear it for yourself, then go ahead. But if you're interested in a guy who loves you and not some make-believe version of you, then you had better make sure that he isn't so bothered by your flaws (which everyone has) that he wants you to cover them up before he'll say you're beautiful, and mean it.

Also agree with this.

Its a great feeling to show and be with someone without your make up (and have your lips chapped and red for days on end) and he still thinks you are hot. LOOL.

Unless he lied to me. <_<
^_^

Also agree with this! It's a great feeling :)

It doesn't really matter to me either way. If a man loves you for who you are then he'll think you're beautiful no matter how you look. :)

:thumbsup:

I tend to wear make up more around people I'm not comfortable with. It does give me a confidence boost, and I'm not hurting anyone so I don't see the problem. I mostly keep it natural in the day but if I'm going out or to a party I like to have fun with it. I used to work in a cosmetics store and it's actually a lot of fun experimenting with different colours and looks and seeing how they affect your appearance. It's like fancy dress :p

Around family and my ex I didn't care though. They're going to see me bare-faced anyway so I just went with it, and never felt like there was anything lacking.

Upvote 0
May 14, 2012
Toronto
✟7,667.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I really think women put more pressure on themselves to look good than men ever expect them to. I've known girls who simply would not leave the house without makeup, which baffles me beyond belief because they look just fine.

My friend told me she's planning to wear makeup twice in her life: Her graduation day and her wedding. I like her priorities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

manillabar

Feb 8, 2012
New Jersey
✟15,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I like make up at times, especially for special occasions (weddings, formals, etc), nights out, or even just when i feel like it, but I don't do the make up thing everyday because a. i don't have enough patience lol and when i have to wake up early in the mornings i leave just enough time to get ready and make up is not included (though lately i'm thinking a little powder and mascara may not hurt now that i'm making my way towards a more professional setting) b. i always have such trouble taking make up off haha and c. I don't want to look "weird" when i go out without make up- like sometimes how you may not notice that someone wears make up really until the day she's not wearing it...

... or maybe i think too much about things like that lol :p

Upvote 0

godsgrl34

May 27, 2012
✟15,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dad never let me wear it,so I just grew not caring for it. All my friends would & I would feel a little left ou,even more so when I did wear it. Ugh being female is sooo challenging :)
My hubby doesn't care for it. I will wear it lightly here & there if we go out,but its just not for me. The money behind it,then the money behind just removing it off our face...wow. I haven't seen you,but I know that your beautiful! If you love Jesus your absolutely gorgeous! I have 2 girls & really try not to focus on their "looks" as the Bible says our beauty is fleeting. It truly is what's inside that makes us ugly or beautiful.
I do not want to sound vain but when I was younger everyone would say "oh your so pretty" & trust me it didn't make me a good person. When I came to know Jesus,He made changes in my life so I couldn't count on "beauty" anymore. Try having 5 kids! lol
I really believe we are as pretty as we allow our hearts to be.

Upvote 0