Dubuque
✟575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not new to the faith, and frankly disappointed in this post myself. I’ve had a particularly challenging situation in my career that has really discouraged me over the past few months. I can candidly say I’ve prayed on more than many occasions for my will, and not much for his will over this situation. I fully recognize that, although I must say I am finding myself to have a lot of disappointment right now in God. I realize I’m not right in my frustration, but that’s how I feel. It feels like God had me on the edge of success on so many occasions throughout this…only for me to be let down over and over again. I’m sure he has a reason for it, but this sure hurts. Not necessarily looking for dialogue or guidance on this, just felt I needed to put my feelings on paper, or this forum. Hmm….what a bummer. There is still a small opportunity things go my way. I know god is always good, and with me through it. That alone should make me feel better…but it just isn’t right now. Prayers for that.

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matt, prayed this prayer for you:

Psalm 90:16-17 NASB

"May your deeds be shown to your servants,
your splendor to their children.
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us;
establish the work of our hands for us—
yes, establish the work of our hands."

Keep the faith, God bless!

• Winner
Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Matt, I understand those feelings. I don't understand why we face so many disapointments, but please don't give up. Sometimes God shows us a different path. I'm in my late 70s. I know that I'd be worse off without God. Know that God and Christians love you. We are survivors and we will see the victory in the end --- perhaps not what we thought we wanted, but better if we endure with patience the the trials of this life.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0