Not open for further replies.

Knightlock

Sep 8, 2008
✟15,160.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I don't really know why I am posting this. I guess just to get it off my chest in a way. I have been a Christian for 4 years or so now. I am 20 years old. The more I look around, the more I realize that there is something wrong. A lot of stuff in my life is just too messed up, and everything I see is violence, rage, disease, death, destruction, and hatred. I see this world falling apart, and I saw something the other night that put the icing on the cake. A baby, deformed so bad, you couldn't even begin to imagine. Absolutely horrible. Why? No answer. Same old garbage. I know you hear this all the time, but honestly, if God is ALL POWERFUL, he would stop it. Think about it. I don't want to hear the whole "it's Satan's fault" line. God gave Satan power, and he doesn't/can't stop Satan's evil? The fact alone that he allows this, is enough for me. I will not try anymore, I want nothing to do with Christianity. I am tired of trying to live a clean life. I am tired of trying not to sin, when all I see is nothing. I don't want to live this way anymore. I don't even know if God is there, the Bible is FULL of contradictions anyway and everyone has a different god or way that is the only true god/way. I'll take my chances. It's entirely possible that he just doesn't exist...which seems to be more plausible. However, if he does exist, I would rather go to Hell, then follow his way. Tell me how I should be so afraid, tell me how I don't know what I am getting/have gotten myself into. I have heard it all before, I assure you. I am NOT afraid, and this decision is my own. God continues to allow this all to happen, and good people suffer and die, while rapists and pedophiles walk the streets. No thanks. I have officially given up on God. He gave up on this world long ago. If he was ever there in the first place. Well, there you have it. It's off my chest. Thanks for reading this.
Tom

Let me ask you a question Tom, how would you solve the problems without effecting the one gift that God gave everyone which is freewill?

Suppose for a moment God does what you are asking and decides to do something about the situation at hand. There are three ways that he can take care of it.

1. Talk to the people doing bad and get them to repent.
2. Change their free will and force them to repent.
3. Distroy them completely.

The Bible shows that Jesus gave people plenty of time to change their ways on many occasions but most simply did not wish to do so. God will never effect free will because in order to be fair he would have to affect everyone's including yours in order to insure that no one would harm anyone again. The third option means distroying any who have done wrong in his sight which would mean the entire distruction of the human race.

I think of the earth as a testing ground, a place where people show who they really are before they receive judgement. Yes it may stink in some ways but keep in mind that God does not go to the people who do not want him.

Oh by the way this is my first post so hi all :congratm:

Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2007
✟15,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Before you start following some pagan idol, let me tell you something. I was down that same road as you 8 years ago at the troubled age of 13. I couldn't stand the violence, the anger, the greed, I wondered how could a loving God allow such a thing. The thing is, He gave us the choice. He allows us to do good or evil because He gave us free will to choose between the two. As for Hell, believe me, you do NOT want to go there. You have no idea how absolutely horrible it is. And further more, I hear this all the time. Why do good people suffer? Let me ask you this then. Who is good? Who is righteous? Not one of us is. Without Christ, without God, none are righteous, none are good, because all have sinned. Sin is what made this world wicked, the devil and his angels tempt people to do evil who aren't willing to repent. So sin begets sin, evil begets evil, and the only escape from that is salvation in the Lord. Does that mean the bad things will end? Not until this age comes to an end. But have heart! Christ is our shepherd, and we are His flock. He will watch over us.

As far as people having other gods, don't be fooled by these empty promises and darkened pathways!! It may sound good to us in our limited view, but who are we to question why God does what He does? Does the clay ask the potter why it is being shaped for a jug for carrying water, or a vase to store flowers? There is a purpose to all of this, but don't let your limited view discourage you! I can't put it any clearer than that! Don't put your faith and trust into those empty lies and demons who seek to deceive. Only the Lord will give you truth. Instead of despairing and seeking to put it behind you, take everything you just said and lay it before Him. If you want to understand, then ask Him to help you understand. If you want to know why, then ask God Himself why! He is our shelter, our refuge, our Heavenly Father who loves us dearly, but the sins of this world are on the heads of those who do these heinous acts. Even the horrible things we see God can work for your better. Don't underestimate the work of the Almighty, He shaped the stars in Heaven, He formed the Earth on which we stand. Have faith, be patient, pray.

As far as contradictions go, if you really took the time to read it and take it all in, you'd see it is very much in line with itself. I've never come across anything that reinforced itself like the Bible does, and for good reason. Written thousand of years apart, yet still consistent. The Lord does a great thing in keeping the translations true.

Praise the Lord! Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2007
✟15,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What does it profit if a man gains the world and allow hell to torment his soul?
-Matthew 16:26

Just consider this one thing
Did you ever realized that without Christ you are guaranteed to sin. You could not stop sinning for the rest of your life or even a year if you wanted to. As humans, we are of a sinful nature. That alone should convince you that the God and the Bible is in fact true. Most of those other religions will allow you to sin and telling you there are no consequences to it. Would you allow yourself to believe that? Even though, we come from a sinful nature...Christ still loves us. Just try yourself trying to be a perfect person and keep yourself in purity. You won't be able to. The flesh is married to sin and as long we are humans we are going to sin. I will pray for you my brother that you think twice before rejecting God.

Without question, great is the mystery of godliness
-1 Timothy 3:16a

In addition to this scripture, there are some things that our human brain can't understand about God. And it is not for us to figure out. Trust in God and he will provide. "Be not conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind through Christ Jesus" (Romans 12:2). Don't get too obsessed with worrying about the world. Keep your mind on the mission and that is to bring souls to Christ.

God Bless You!!!

Upvote 0

JasonX43

Aug 4, 2007
✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I don't really know why I am posting this. I guess just to get it off my chest in a way. I have been a Christian for 4 years or so now. I am 20 years old. The more I look around, the more I realize that there is something wrong. A lot of stuff in my life is just too messed up, and everything I see is violence, rage, disease, death, destruction, and hatred. I see this world falling apart, and I saw something the other night that put the icing on the cake. A baby, deformed so bad, you couldn't even begin to imagine. Absolutely horrible. Why? No answer. Same old garbage. I know you hear this all the time, but honestly, if God is ALL POWERFUL, he would stop it. Think about it. I don't want to hear the whole "it's Satan's fault" line. God gave Satan power, and he doesn't/can't stop Satan's evil? The fact alone that he allows this, is enough for me. I will not try anymore, I want nothing to do with Christianity. I am tired of trying to live a clean life. I am tired of trying not to sin, when all I see is nothing. I don't want to live this way anymore. I don't even know if God is there, the Bible is FULL of contradictions anyway and everyone has a different god or way that is the only true god/way. I'll take my chances. It's entirely possible that he just doesn't exist...which seems to be more plausible. However, if he does exist, I would rather go to Hell, then follow his way. Tell me how I should be so afraid, tell me how I don't know what I am getting/have gotten myself into. I have heard it all before, I assure you. I am NOT afraid, and this decision is my own. God continues to allow this all to happen, and good people suffer and die, while rapists and pedophiles walk the streets. No thanks. I have officially given up on God. He gave up on this world long ago. If he was ever there in the first place. Well, there you have it. It's off my chest. Thanks for reading this.
Tom

No game is worth playing if you give up half way through! Me? It's in my blood to stick things out no matter what simply because I want to see how the story ends! So in Jesus name, I will pray for the OP of this thread that he receives the revelation to return to his/her faith. It's Satan's way to try to tempt us by showing the suffering of this world, but it's no excuse for quitting. As far as the "contradictions" in the Bible, I pray that he will also be granted with the wisdom to understand that reading The Word must also be accompanied by prayer for understanding.

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Tom

Tom, :hug:God had two options. He could stop the suffering, or He could share in our suffering out of love for us and then stop it.
He chose the second option. The reason all the evil in the world doesn't go away is not because God doesn't care - He cares more than anyone has ever cared, because He died on the Cross out of love for us. There are other reasons...we may not understand all of them...but I look around the world and I see lots of evil, but I also see often times God taking that evil and turning it to good. We can complain about suffering, or we can let it bring us closer to God - as CS Lewis said, "pain is God's megaphone to rouse a deaf world". Someday, all that's messed up in the world will be gone forever. But right now, you see God doesn't just look down upon us, from above, distant.. He has taken upon Himself more suffering than you or I or any other person has endured. I don't just mean His physical pain on the Cross. I mean even much more than that. In this way, He sanctified suffering, and now it can be a source of our sanctification. I'm not non denom, sorry I hope I'm allowed to post in this forum.. I'm Catholic.. well I just wanted to say there are Catholic Saints I've read about who rejoiced in suffering - we can see that in the Bible too, in Apostle Paul. These people realized that God's love is much greater, that God will win this war, and not evil; not the devil. Indeed His love has overcome death and it was stronger than His suffering. He didn't turn away from torture, pain, loneliness, humiliation, ETC in order to save us. You see God never gave up on the world..or on you. The way you see the world, as being all messed up, that is how God sees it too, and He had compassion on the world so much that He sacrificed Himself for it. He will fix everything and take away all the evil, but right now is our chance to freely choose His ways - love, forgiveness, healing, - over the ways of the world - "violence, rage, disease, death, destruction, and hatred"

prayers for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: ANM29
Upvote 0

joshua41

Jun 25, 2007
the south
✟7,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Tom

I am roughly your age, and like yourself, I have found out that the world is a rough place. Something happened to me the other night, though.

For awhile, I had been backsliding in my walk with Christ. I stopped acting like a Christian and conformed to how the world around me wanted me to act. In the end, I found myself alone and very depressed. Periodically throughout my life, I have felt great depression. Recently, the rage I had felt against myself had multiplied. One night I started stabbing myself with my pencil, and the other night I tried to staple my arm. I would take my computer mouse and rap it around my neck to see how it felt. Once, when I was younger, I opened the lid to my lava lamp and contemplated drinking it.

Why did I have so many problems? I had suffered greatly at school when I was 12 or 14 or so.(I was baptized when I was ~16)..--I was mocked(people called me gay which I am not), they towel whipped me, and called me ugly. Ontop of that, I talked to no one outside of school(for the most part) and was an only child. I was very upset at this time because I endured so much, and was a very angry young man. The reason I acted this way was that I had been living for worldy possesions and through the world's ideals.

Anyway, the other night I laid in my bedroom dorm very depressed. Finally, I asked God to heal me of this demon(depression I had felt recently), and instantly I felt no depression. I casted my worries upon God.

Now, why should you confess Jesus as the savior of mankind? It is important to realize that this world is inheritly unfair; it is impossible for everyone to have every lust they desire. It is nearly impossible in this world for everyone to have enough to be content with; what are the odds of a blind, deaf man becoming king? What are the odds of me becoming a supermoder?(low!)

This world is so short, Jesus said that we are something that appears for a short time and then vanishes. Jesus also said that our treasures on earth will ultimately be destroyed. In the end, when I stand infront of God, it will not matter if I was rich or if I was a supermodel.

In God, however, all men are judged based on their works. I urge you to read the book of Matthew so you can see the eternal blessings and miracles promised by and done by Jesus.

The book of Hebrews can be a spiritually reviving read for any Christian who needs a reason behind life.

Remember, Jesus said that everything you gain in this world will be lost with this world. Instead, through our works and obedience to Jesus, we can build treasure for ourselves in heaven. Our time on earth is truly short, and our eternity is more important than earthly lusts we will seek after.

Jesus said that those who are last in earth are first in heaven, and many people suffer greatly here on earth. This world is imperfect and injust; it is best to put your faith in God who is absolutely true and will bless those who suffer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MaidforHim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tom

Ok, I admit it... I am totally confused by your logic here. Maybe you can clarify your reasoning for me so that I can understand where your coming from.

You say:
A lot of stuff in my life is just too messed up,
and everything I see is violence,
rage, disease, death, destruction, and hatred.
I see this world falling apart
... I agree and see many aspects of this world are pretty horrible and sometimes our lives can get pretty messed up.

I am tired of trying to live a clean life.
I am tired of trying not to sin, when all I see is nothing. I don't want to live this way anymore.

... Ok, here is where I start getting confused. The world is a messed up, angry, violent place and those very aspects are caused by man's willingness to choose sin and deny God and His ways..... So you want to join the world and it's ways?

Your tired of all the horrible consequences brought about by sin, so you want "to sin"?... How exactly do you escape the worlds troubles if you embrace what causes those very problems? Even if you are unhappy with God I don't see how this is any sort of solution to what is troubling you.

God is ALL POWERFUL, he would stop it
... So God should remove our "free will" and protect us all from the consequences. To do that He would have to take away our free will and that is one of the greatest gifts He's given us. We were designed to love God, but in order for this love to be "true, real love" we need the free will to choose it. Anything other than that would be nothing more than a "preprogrammed response" and that is not true love.

"it's Satan's fault" line
... Ahhh yes, the "It's all satan's fault" line, I hate that one too. It always amazes me when people want to ignore their part in the worlds problems. After all it is our "choice" whether we follow God's ways or the worlds/satans ways. We share the blame. The horrible things we see in this world are very much the fault or men who "choose" to follow the world rather than the Lord, we should recognize that .

God continues to allow this all to happen, and good people suffer and die, while rapists and pedophiles walk the streets. No thanks
... It is not God who allows the rapists and pedophiles to walk the streets it is US, yep, mankind. It is our way of doing things not God's.

We are the ones who make the laws, vote for our leaders or fail to take the time to vote for leaders with a strong moral character. God gives us free will, we make poor choices and then it's "His Fault" when it backfires? Hmmmm I think I hate that one more than I hate the "it's all satan's fault" excuse.

I don't even know if God is there, the Bible is FULL of contradictions

... So you don't know if God is there. Fair enough, but I think the reason for that could be found in your very next statement. If you believe that the Bible is full of contradictions then I don't believe you know your Bible very well. And if you knew your Bible well you'd know that God truly is there.

Ya it's sort of a catch 22 . God reveals Himself through His word,the more you KNOW about His character the more able you are to recognize Him, His work and His hand in your life.

I think we all come to a point in life where we become aware of the horrible attributes this world posseses and it can be an overwhelming reality. I think that when this happens, even if your angry with God over it, the best thing to do is seek Him for answers.

Ask God - WHY!?!? Cry out to Him and ask Him to make Himself real to you and in your life and see what He has to show you. The best answer you'll ever get to any question will come from God Himself.

I have to wonder though, since your so willing to blame Him, doubt His word and His existance, so willing to give up a "clean life" as you put it and so willing to embrace sin and the very world your lamenting .... Would you recognize God's voice if He did speak to you?

You've recived some great advice and personal witness from others in this thread I hope you will consider it and seek God for answers, comfort and direction. He's picked me up and set my feet back on the right path more than once in my life.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

applehead

Aug 6, 2008
UK
✟15,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am in agreement with those who mention freewill, God gave us freewill as a gift so that we are able to choose to love Him or not as is the case for some. If God intervened everytime we made a mistake we may as well be robots.

Ultimately this comes down to trust. If we trust Him we know He has our best interests at heart. We can intercede with prayer (however not enough people do!) and CHOOSE to be part of the coming of God's kingdom here on earth, we can work at staying clear of sin to prevent the consequence of such bringing strife with it, which includes inviting satan to have more access to your world. What I think we need to remember is that we are living in the World, pure and simple. We are surrounded by sin and if it were not for the Grace of God we would be living in sin. Sin not only being a law but a presence of satan and a lack of God. it actually exist as a spiritual presence, it affects your heart which affects your soul which in turn affects your spirit man. Once sinful man becomes larger than spirit man it bacomes a greater struggle to stay focused on God. Do not give up! God wants to take you through this,

Isaiah 41:13 says (your Father says) "For I am the Lord your God, who holds your right hand, who says to you do not be afraid for I will help you.".

All of us go through trials, Jesus tells us we will. Not only that but the Word also tells us this.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

We are given a God given purpose as Christians, sometimes it is not easy sometimes it is very hard but God is there ALWAYS, watching loving waiting for us to ask for direction. We are blessed with the presence of the Holy Spirit as our guide and comforter in this life don't be afraid to cry out for help in your time of need.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Do you attend a church, I am wondering how much support you have. It can be even harder to walk as though on your own especially in the beginning. When we become Christian we become a threat to the enemy therefore he decides it would be good to confuse, dishearten and distort our thoughts and even our feelings. It would be good also if in the mornings when you wake you pray for protection, maybe try reading aloud:

Ephesians 6:12 - 18 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Replace our and you with my and I etc and it will be easier for your spirit to listen to. Words are powerful things and THE Word is THE most powerful :D

Just one more thing, When I became born again into Christ I changed so much that people noticed Him in me. They didn't really know it was Jesus just that I had changed. I too that now I had to be more careful of the company I keep so I would not be tempted or become sorrowful, more so when I first came to Christ as I was not as strong as I am now (even now i still have to watch it :p ) Life with Christ truly is a walk and as we walk He walks with us so long as we stay with Him in our heart. He knows the desires of our hearts but we must let Him direct our steps (proverbs 16:9).

God bless you and keep you under His wing. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.