Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I would have thought all men would have taken offence to this, but oddly many do not.

Why would it matter? Men are told this everyday by screaming ideologues. We put them and others on "ignore" years ago.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Yes the gay community pushed the psych community to, change its stance. That's only one of the MANY articles about what happened back then.

Another book about this era is
41VB7AiLKrL.jpg
and it chronicles a lot of what I said above...

And another good quote from a homosexual activist... “It was never a medical decision—and that’s why I think the action came so fast…It was a political move.” “That’s how far we’ve come in ten years. Now we even have the American Psychiatric Association running scared.”

(Barbara Gittings, Pro‐Sodomy Activist)

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(completely uncited)

You know how many "cited" things I've seen over the years that were pure garbage?

(If I had a dollar for every one of them I've seen I would be quite rich by now, most of them are just opinions by some political ideolog)...

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You know how many "cited" things I've seen over the years that were pure garbage?
Yes, and the validity of a source can be disputed. But when you give me no source, you leave me absolutely nothing to work with.

Reactions: Laury
Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
DNA also determines our sex. Male or female. Normality states males and females are attracted to each other for the propagation of the species. Males are born with,male parts and male testosterone etc and females with,female parts and estrogen etc. These two parts for perfectly for the propagation of the species. Common sense. Now, what happens with transgenders? They are born as male or female, but then want to be the opposite. Why? It's a defect. Where does this defect take place? In the mind. A mental illness.

Do you know what a hermaphrodite is? You might want to look that up and tell me how it fits into your neat little package you describe as quoted. Please tell me all about their mental illness that takes place in their mind and how their DNA determines their sex.
Now what? Seems to me that a hermaphrodite kind of screws up your entire narrow classification system..

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And by the way a very common way for the left,to attack us.
Stop trying to make this a "left-right" issue. It's not. I assure you, I'm hard right, but still support treating transgender people with dignity and allowing their self determination.

I mean, you are capable of thinking about issues for yourself. You don't need to pigeonhole things as "left/right" to know what you think.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Yes the gay community pushed the psych community to,change its stance. That's only one of the MANY articles about what happened back then.
Your point? Show how it's scientifically invalid, and we'll talk.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh wait, no I don't. The vast majority of trans people surveyed have reported being harassed or assaulted while in public restrooms. Let's keep things in perspective here, okay? The fact that your daughter doesn't understand the concept of gender fluidity or gender dysphoria is unfortunate, but it's something you can teach her. If my MTF friend goes into the men's bathroom, the bathroom of her sex, chances are good she's going to face threats of violence or sexual harassment - threats that far too many people will gladly make good on.
Again and again, it always comes back to the public bathroom "arguement", and AGAIN I ask, what public bathrooms are all YOU people going to where people don't use stalls?

Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But when you give me no source, you leave me absolutely nothing to work with.

The truth speaks for itself, it's up to people if they want to learn/embrace it or just fall back on their political ideology to tell them what to believe. Google is your friend...

Something I learned a long time ago is there are "usually" 3 sides to every story, the Pro lie, the Con lie and the Truth (which "usually' is found somewhere in between the other two).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Men are told this everyday by screaming ideologues. We put them and others on "ignore" years ago.

There seem to be quite a few of those here, so have you put them on "Ignore" or do you still read what they say to get your daily laughs???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There seem to be quite a few of those here, so have you put them on "Ignore" or do you still read what they say to get your daily laughs???

I meant 'figurative' ignore. No way am I putting anyone on ignore....would lose a lot of entertainment.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,500.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Do you know what a hermaphrodite is? You might want to look that up and tell me how it fits into your neat little package you describe as quoted. Please tell me all about their mental illness that takes place in their mind and how their DNA determines their sex.
Now what? Seems to me that a hermaphrodite kind of screws up your entire narrow classification system..
Of course I know what a hermaphrodite is. That is a birth defect. Just like a extra appendage or blindness is. In that sad but very small minority case I believe it is best to leave the person alone until it can be better established by the body what the person's gender should be. I've read stories where they had surgery when very young, a lot of times when they were a baby but as they grew it was discovered they should have been the opposite sex. But that was a DNA problem as the DNA was defective and caused the issue. Transgenders do not have the DNA of the opposite sex. At least I haven't seen any scientific proof of it being a medical condition.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟207,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Stop trying to make this a "left-right" issue. It's not. I assure you, I'm hard right, but still support treating transgender people with dignity and allowing their self determination.

I mean, you are capable of thinking about issues for yourself. You don't need to pigeonhole things as "left/right" to know what you think.

Declaring and believing that people are actually "left" or "right" makes one's life so much easier. They need to just look up how they or others feel about an issue rather than researching it and making a determination themselves or asking the other person about their reasons.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,500.00
Faith
Pentecostal
One other thing I want to address is how transexuals are treated as people.

We as a society can treat people with respect while not catering to their illness. I find it interesting that we have great sympathy with the person who has cancer, but treat the mentally ill differently. We don't typically beat up blind people cause their blind, but we will beat up transgender people. That's just wrong. We have made some great progress in treating and helping the mentally ill. But we still have a long way to go. Mental illness still carries a stigma that physical illnesses do not.

I think instead of telling everyone that we have to help them believe in their delusions, we need to find ways to have more compassion for them. Stop calling them names and stop assaulting them. They are sick. Would we condone verbally abusing or physically assaulting a person who has cancer? Of course not.

My aim isn't to ostracise but to help. One of the things I've learned is that money talks. Very little has been done in regards to the treatment for these people when it comes to research and experimental treatment methods. The issue is its because it's such a small minority of people that have this condition. Money for research goes to the more prominent and acceptable projects. Such as global climate change or cancer or heart disease research. I would like to see more money funneled into medical research for the mentally ill.

The other problem we have is that transgender folks don't really push for that themselves. They don't see themselves as ill and so I think (I could be,wrong) they would have a problem with it. Just like they did back in the 70s. They don't want to be seen as ill. So why clamor for research when you can tell all of society they have to change for you including letting boys shower with girls at school or change with girls in a public swimming pool.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟207,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The truth speaks for itself, it's up to people if they want to learn/embrace it or just fall back on their political ideology to tell them what to believe. Google is your friend...

Something I learned a long time ago is there are "usually" 3 sides to every story, the Pro lie, the Con lie and the Truth (which "usually' is found somewhere in between the other two). Now every once in a great while one of the first 2 do turn out to be the truth, but that occurrence is few and far in between...

This public forum is not a classroom. This is a debate and discussion forum with specific guidelines. If you wish to be taken seriously, you need to provide sources for your claims. Until you choose to provide sources for your claims, your claims will stand as merely your isolated opinion.

This is a valid enough point, it is even in the "hints for effective debating" thread:

II. Citations
Arguments cannot stand alone. To make an effective argument, one must utilize logic and fact. To fulfill the latter, we often use citations.

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/some-helpful-hints-about-effective-debating.7425823/

Personally, I refuse to do the research for my claims, your claims, his claims, her claims, their claims, that guy over there claims, and that person ducking down over there claims. You see, that simply takes too much of my time. If all those other people do not value their claims enough to substantiate them, I do not value them enough to waste my time on them. It takes enough time to read posts, read the supporting citations for those posts, analyze the data, come to a conclusion, formulate my claim and then support my own claims. For those who choose to be lazy, I simply do not have the time to make up for their lack of initiative. I would suspect most self-sustaining adults do not have the time to make up for others lack of interest in completing their own work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Uncle Siggy

Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Personally, I refuse to do the research for my claims,

A very good point... And the reason is there are so many people out there that the first words that come out of their mouths is "That source/citation isn't credible" and use only their opinion to make that claim, no reality/facts are involved/provided. (This usually stems from their political ideology talking and their brain isn't engaged). So I.E. you're wasting your time on someone who doesn't want to learn...

If someone makes a statement/claim about something I'm not familiar with I will "Google" (I'm naturally a curious person and that leads to knowledge) to either increase or lessen what is stored in my brain, I.E. if what they said is credible it gets stored if it isn't it gets discarded...

The truth speaks for itself...

Upvote 0

Jonathan Jarvis

Quoth The Raven
Mar 24, 2013
Chesterfield
Visit site
✟16,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Going back to the OP.

You get off the coach at the service station. You're bursting to go. There is a long queue outside the Ladies but no queue for the Gents. Just as your starting to point Percy a group of women come into the Gents and dash into the cubicles muttering "Don't worry lads we've seen it all before.

Happened to me loads of times. No harm there other than a temporary disruption of the flow.

When you've got to go you've got to go. But what if it was the other way round?

Upvote 0